Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

"Omicron" is the 13th variant of concern identified out of at last count 153 unique mutations. How many of those does anyone know the details for? Like Delta it shows up right in the waning days of the advertised current boogy man. Hard to find US articles with verifiable information and they seem to disappear quickly when the fact that "Omicron" is more transmissible but to date (contrary to unverifiable US MSM reporting) is shown to be much, much less debilitating than others that most never even heard about. One South African medical paper noted one of the symptoms as "sniffles rather than pulmonary distress" and no recorded debilitating effects or deaths in that area. Which follows the historical path of past pandemics on their way out.

Why do I put quotes around "Omicron"..... because the next Greek letter in line was Nu which the WHO was concerned would be confused with "new" .. did we confuse Mu with mad cow disease or something, no, what you never heard of Mu, it was in the same areas and deemed vaccine resistant in September like Beta and Lambda previously. FYI in September they where already tracking what is now known as "Omicron" in SA ... then Xi ...... gee, wonder why didn't we follow the naming guideline set out by the WHO on that one .... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• Let's just say B.1.1.529 for clarity.... :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• well they are now predicting that covid may become something that never truly goes away. rather it will become something that stays around, but no longer interferes with everyday life much like the seasonal flu or common cold

as to the name - - hell I don't care what they name this thing and if they skipped Xi because its a common name in China - - I dont really care - - fact is the only name they could give a new variant that I might even notice would be if they named it the Brandon variant - - that would make me smile

as a side note no matter where this goes I will continue to follow the advice of my personal doctor and if he recommends a seasonal covid vaccines in the future I will most likely follow that advice - - - I don't trust politicians or any media as far as I can throw them, but my Doctor - - him I trust

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A capital investment.

Sad this is going on and our government turns it's back. Look at the ages and the severely of the crime.

In Lakewood, a group of suspects ages 15 to 20 stormed a Home Depot store around 8:30 p.m. and grabbed tools such as crowbars, mallets and sledgehammers before getting away in vehicles that were waiting outside, FOX 11 of Los Angeles reported.

One entire section of hammers was completely cleared out, Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies told the station.

As many as 10 vehicles pulled up outside the store and the thieves donned ski masks before launching their spree, KCBS-TV of Los Angeles reported.

The theft prompted fears that the stolen tools would be used to commit more robberies at other stores in the area, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department told the station.

Los Angeles-area looters target Home Depot, Bottega Veneta stores on Black Friday: reports | Fox News

• It happened to 2 Best Buys in the Twin Cities area Minnesota...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Maybe they NEED the tools for their daily 9-5 job... :/... nope. Nevermind... :D

• I was looking for info on the 2022 models and instead of finding out what Polaris has planned, my attention was drawn to the confederate flag icon for this "GOP discussion", a topic that is almost as active as the technical forums discussing the actual Slingshot. The site feels more like a Slingshot info site for people who believe that Trump is secretly still president and are probably waiting patiently at this very moment in Dallas for JFK and JFK jr to return with Kid Rock and Ted Nugent blaring to pass the time while they wait.

One suggestion I have is that you at least change he icon in this discussion to something less racist. I get it that this is Merica and you have the freedom to choose whatever symbol of hate you want (swastika, tiki torch, pepe the frog, etc) for your forum discussions, but does this SlingshotInfo.com site have to seem like I just stumbled into OANN or a Trump rally? Not all of us are fans of Sedition, racism, overthrowing our democracy, disinformation, are antivaxxers and/or fans of rigging the elections so that you remain in power at the cost of our democracy. I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears of the MAGA hat wearing admins, but why not focus on Slingshot info so that people can enjoy discussing the Polaris
    slingshot even if they do not subscribe to what the confederate flag represents.

• I was looking for info on the 2022 models and instead of finding out what Polaris has planned, my attention was drawn to the confederate flag icon for this "GOP discussion", a topic that is almost as active as the technical forums discussing the actual Slingshot. The site feels more like a Slingshot info site for people who believe that Trump is secretly still president and are probably waiting patiently at this very moment in Dallas for JFK and JFK jr to return with Kid Rock and Ted Nugent blaring to pass the time while they wait.

One suggestion I have is that you at least change he icon in this discussion to something less racist. I get it that this is Merica and you have the freedom to choose whatever symbol of hate you want (swastika, tiki torch, pepe the frog, etc) for your forum discussions, but does this SlingshotInfo.com site have to seem like I just stumbled into OANN or a Trump rally? Not all of us are fans of Sedition, racism, overthrowing our democracy, disinformation, are antivaxxers and/or fans of rigging the elections so that you remain in power at the cost of our democracy. I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears of the MAGA hat wearing admins, but why not focus on Slingshot info so that people can enjoy discussing the Polaris
    slingshot even if they do not subscribe to what the confederate flag represents.

Do yourself a favor and hit the ignore button on this thread. Welcome to the forum but unless you want a LOT of pushback - I suggest you cease & desist -obviously you are not conservative - read the title of the thread!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Interesting first post, obviously tolerance and unity are important to you so I would suggest:

1) You stop looking for things to be offended by and stop immediately judging others by visual impressions.

2) You learn your history from sources other than CNN and MSNBC

c) You take the advice given in the reply above.

Please also keep in mind this is a privately owned forum with no affiliation with any company, party, or political group and has clearly listed rules of decorum that must be followed to remain a member. Openly insulting the single owner/admin is not an advisable way to guarantee you remain.

........... smi8.gif

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

Hi David and welcome to the forum.

First off, I am NOT the owner of this site, not do I speak for him. But I was one of the handful of people who helped beta test the site with Robert before it went live. I can say that he takes this site VERY seriously. That being said, he also understands that a lot of us go way back to the beginning and are a tight knit group. Almost more-so than some families. There are plenty of forums out there (BORING ONES) that are run by major companies and monitored by people who have no clue about the subject matter of their forums. I can safely say that this forum has some of the best vendors with decades of experience in motorsports as well as working with the original 2.4 liter GM Ecotec engine that was standard since day one in the Slingshot. One of those vendors iis so involved with the R&D of performance and aftermarket items for the Slingshot, that he was one of the first to order and receive the new Polaris Prostar 2.0liter powered Slingshot so he could put it through the tests and find ways to make improvements as well and first hand suggestions to potential buyers.

The OG's have done things for the community here that others would have never done for their forum members. Everything from putting "strangers" up in their homes when their residence was destroyed by a hurricane, gone hundreds of miles with their trailer to rescue a member who broke down miles from their home and towed their Slingshot home for them, offering his vast knowledge of painting and doing complete custom paint jobs at a fraction of the normal prices and on and on. We have been their for our family members through the birth of a child, their wedding, several near death illnesses and YES, the sad times where one of our own passed away.

This forum is a place that when used properly can direct you any subject you need assistance with, and hopefully once you buy your Slingshot and get more and more into it, you'll be able to assist others as well as going in with some group rides and annual rallys. This can be your home away from home. As such, there are threads that people have ZERO interest in. If you don't want to read or post anything about guns, just ignore that thread. The same thigs as the NSFW section and this one that obviously offended you. I can say that the member who started this thread and uses that avatar is one of the most respected and friendly person you will ever meet. He would give you the shirt off his back to anyone who needed one. I can safely say that he is most definitely NOT a racist and means no disrespect to anyone by using it. His routes are in the south and that is part of history. tearing it down does NOT rewrite history. And has what was already posted, if this thread does not sit well with you, then hit the ignore link to this thread.

I hope you do stay here and become another valuable member of this family. But if you decide that this is not a place you want to come to to find the vast knowledge of all things Slingshot, the loss will be yours. Do a search and you'll find other BORING sites that has less knowledge and is run by for profit people who care about their bottom line with pop up ads and spam messages sent to you. This forum is NOT a FOR PROFIT site and is run by an OG SLINGSHOT OWNER who knows more about Slingshots than some of the Polaris people.

Your choice, but I for one would love to see you hang around and see what this site has to offer before making your decision to leave based on one avatar you saw. The choice (and loss) is yours to make.

Have a great week and be safe

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

What in the HELL are you talking about. The way you sound it is mentioned in every post. IF! Well, you get the point. You probably even voted for BIDEN! I hope you stick around for the info but if this is the way you really feel it would be much better if you moved on. Noone wants to listen to your UNTRUTH's and BS. I did this to just piss some people off.

The political discussions are in a section clearly labeled as not slingshot related. If you don't wish to view non slingshot threads don't click on them.

• And to think some of us raised our right hand to protect people in our own country from some of those dim witted thoughts and ideals.
    take a ride to the southern boarder and give your new neighbors a free spin to your neighborhood in your new sling.