Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I'm not sure what just happened in Wisconsin but my prayers go out to that community. One thing that must happen now. People in this country including politicians, media, sports figures, educators', entertainment, government, and corporations must stop this constant push to group society into multiple levels of subdivision. It's not working.

• Anybody see where this is leading? What other outcome would anyone expect?

Study: Retail Theft Balloons to over $68 Billion as Organized Retail Crime Spawns Massive Criminal Enterprises Online; More Brazen Attacks in Stores | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)

No penalty for shoplifting under $950 in California - here's the brazen result - Michael Smith News

The Movement To Defund Or Disband Police: Here’s What You Need To Know Now (forbes.com)

"A plan emerged, primarily within the leftist side of the Democratic party, calling for defunding or disbanding police departments. They claim that the police, along with their unions, have become too large, powerful and militaristic. Proponents of this concept contend that modern-day police infrastructure has sucked up the lion’s share of financial resources in most large, urban cities. These funds, they claim, can be put to better use."

• interesting - - I could say something very similar about our Congress, they have become too powerful and too controlling, and they suck up huge amounts of the countries financial resources to fund projects that do little or nothing for the average American and only serve to buy votets for the members of Congress and to help them keep their power

DEFUND CONGRESS!!!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• How long can this society survive when the government has more compassion for criminals than it does victims ?? The government’s primary purpose is the safety and security of its citizenry - obviously they are not doing that - don’t believe in self defense — and want to stop incarcerating violent felons . With the amount of weapons sold in the last 18 months looks to me like the Old West justice is gonna take over again and disputes will be decided by who the best shot is. I have never been as disgusted with where we are as a nation as I am these days. If we don’t start turning the tide next year we are doomed IMO !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• How long can this society survive when the government has more compassion for criminals than it does victims ?? The government’s primary purpose is the safety and security of its citizenry - obviously they are not doing that - don’t believe in self defense — and want to stop incarcerating violent felons . With the amount of weapons sold in the last 18 months looks to me like the Old West justice is gonna take over again and disputes will be decided by who the best shot is. I have never been as disgusted with where we are as a nation as I am these days. If we don’t start turning the tide next year we are doomed IMO !!

If we don't start turning the tide I just might have to get out of Dodge - - never really thought I would ever find the idea of retiring to another country to be a more attractive option than doing so here in the country that I love, but right now its starting to actually look that way - I have visited the Philippines several times with my wife and the people there and the values remind me of what it was like here in the 50;s and 60's, very strong and outspoken Christian beliefs and people who are incredibly friendly and kind - even to the point of inviting a complete stranger off the street to offer them food - - - - and on the plus side English is very widely understood and spoken - which of corse would make the transition much less troublesome - - - Yea, I really hope this country gets its act together, that people can start living in love toward one another again, but I am also very grateful to have good options if it doesn't

A recipe for cartels to thrive. Especially with all the expected payback in the years to follow. These people are going to be tracked and used.

Drug Cartels Aren’t Just a Border Problem (yahoo.com)

• If we don't start turning the tide I just might have to get out of Dodge - - never really thought I would ever find the idea of retiring to another country to be a more attractive option than doing so here in the country that I love, but right now its starting to actually look that way - I have visited the Philippines several times with my wife and the people there and the values remind me of what it was like here in the 50;s and 60's, very strong and outspoken Christian beliefs and people who are incredibly friendly and kind - even to the point of inviting a complete stranger off the street to offer them food - - - - and on the plus side English is very widely understood and spoken - which of corse would make the transition much less troublesome - - - Yea, I really hope this country gets its act together, that people can start living in love toward one another again, but I am also very grateful to have good options if it doesn't

My plan has always been to retire in Spain (I have european citizenship). The quality of life in retirement with a couple thousand a month over there just can't be beat. You have so many countries nearby that are so close via train and the cost of living is merely a fraction of the states. People are nice and the food is outstanding, oh did I mention wine and the best ham in the world? what else can you ask for?

• My plan has always been to retire in Spain (I have european citizenship). The quality of life in retirement with a couple thousand a month over there just can't be beat. You have so many countries nearby that are so close via train and the cost of living is merely a fraction of the states. People are nice and the food is outstanding, oh did I mention wine and the best ham in the world? what else can you ask for?

trust me - even if all w had was our social security we could live very very comfortably in the Philippines and even have live in housekeepers if we chose - the dollar goes very far and the one thing that sets it above any other options for us is that even though my wife became a naturalized U.S. citizen the Philippines will allow her to have dual citizenship - - and as I am sure you know living in another country is much mush easier if you or your spouse have citizenship in that country

• trust me - even if all w had was our social security we could live very very comfortably in the Philippines and even have live in housekeepers if we chose - the dollar goes very far and the one thing that sets it above any other options for us is that even though my wife became a naturalized U.S. citizen the Philippines will allow her to have dual citizenship - - and as I am sure you know living in another country is much mush easier if you or your spouse have citizenship in that country

That dog gone volcano is scary. is it still acting up?

• trust me - even if all w had was our social security we could live very very comfortably in the Philippines and even have live in housekeepers if we chose - the dollar goes very far and the one thing that sets it above any other options for us is that even though my wife became a naturalized U.S. citizen the Philippines will allow her to have dual citizenship - - and as I am sure you know living in another country is much mush easier if you or your spouse have citizenship in that country

At the time of my retirement there were rummers of talks to reopen Clark AFB and Subic Naval base. I'll bet with the China situation it's something the US is now trying to pursue.

• That dog gone volcano is scary. is it still acting up?

actually it has apparently calmed back down, but I also learned a lesson that if we were to retire there, or even go back for another extended stay I dont think we will be staying in the town where we were actually overlooking the lake with the volcano in it - - especially when you consider the huge lake itself is actually the crater of a much much larger volcano - - - yea I am thinking down by the beach might be a better location :thumbsup:

this is a view of the lake before the volcano erupted when we were there, I actually took this on Jan 6th and the eruption was January 12th when we were in our air B and B overlooking this lake - the actual volcano that erupted is on an island in the lake and its also in the center of a smaller lake that is on that island - - that smaller lake disappeared when it erupted - Taal Volcano

Images

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().