Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• and the only way we get a better system is to stop supporting the current system

and making excuses not to actually do something different only serves to keep us stuck where we are - - seriously instead of telling me why you won't try voting for someone different why dont you tell me what you are going to do to help make change?

its these same old excuses, like my vote won't count, or its the best system out there, or Bernie isn't a D or an R like that actually proves something - - its all BS excuses to people make up because in reality they are afraid to step away from their party that they have identified with for most of their lives like they are afraid their friends and family will shun them if they have the balls to stand up for something different

Perhaps I actually like the republican candidates and what they stand for. If I didn't I wouldn't vote for them but I do. I like this country. I like freedom of choice. I like strong boarders. I like putting this country first. I like a strong economy. I like using all available energy sources as necessary. I like a strong military. I like pride in this country. I like all those basic foundations that provide the platform of a great country.

I have no excuse for this country. I don't want to change this country!

Edit:

In todays world it's easy to trash the country. In todays world it takes more balls to stand up for the country, it's freedoms, the right for a choice and to have pride.

• I’ll give ya this - if I ever saw any independent that I agreed with their platform with any kind of ground swell support I would not only support them but donate to their campaign !!! One thing that would do more to help than a third party IMHO - TERM LIMITS FOR ALL CONGRESS !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Now you guys are making sense... Thanks Edward Neal for stoking the fire!

Term limits--yes, please! That would be great and the only way to make real change... How could this actually get done???

But because it is a 2 party system, the balance we get is the exchange of Ds and Rs over the years so it balances out...

Like Frankie55 said, I love this country and it's gotten us this far... It's not the end of the country because of Biden or Trump or Obama... Everyone just calm down and enjoy the ride... It'll balance out.

And if it doesn't, I'll be dead anyway!

And if your counter is to think about the future... Look up into the sky... See all those stars? Yep... We're really nothing. Just live your life and be happy... Ignorance is bliss.

• I’ll give ya this - if I ever saw any independent that I agreed with their platform with any kind of ground swell support I would not only support them but donate to their campaign !!! One thing that would do more to help than a third party IMHO - TERM LIMITS FOR ALL CONGRESS !!!

The voting public could handle the term limits if they would just do it.

• and the only way we get a better system is to stop supporting the current system

and making excuses not to actually do something different only serves to keep us stuck where we are - - seriously instead of telling me why you won't try voting for someone different why dont you tell me what you are going to do to help make change?

its these same old excuses, like my vote won't count, or its the best system out there, or Bernie isn't a D or an R like that actually proves something - - its all BS excuses to people make up because in reality they are afraid to step away from their party that they have identified with for most of their lives like they are afraid their friends and family will shun them if they have the balls to stand up for something different

"seriously instead of telling me why you won't try voting for someone different why dont you tell me what you are going to do to help make change?"

I like the idea of lower corporate taxes to keep and hold companies in the United States keeping jobs and manufacturing home.

I like the idea of using all forms of energy to the extent of an educated balance. Achieving energy independence and jobs home.

I like the idea of less government regulation to reduce unnecessary cost to the taxpayers.

I like the idea of pride in America and think it would be good to promote that idea in our classrooms.

I like the idea of holding china accountable for covid-19.

I like strong boarders to decrease gang and drug activity and the massive cost to support millions of illegal's entering the country as opposed to a controlled legal flow beneficial to all.

I like the idea of personal educated choice.

I like the idea of personal responsibility for self and personable responsibility to get-up and pursue advancement.

So seriously who do you suggest I should vote for to make this change?

• I cracked open another beer. Got me going. I took a motorcycle trip to Virginia beach last week. Looking out over the ocean at night I could see many ships anchored offshore. Someone said they were on hold waiting to offload cargo. They were backed up. I'm waiting for grill gates, and a motorcycle tire for months, no word. Those ships have got to be filling for durmage, a charge payable to the owner of a chartered ship in respect of failure to load or discharge the ship within the time agreed. Inflation is going through the roof. From what hear this is going on all over? Why? What the heck is going on that this administration is not paying attention? How can the the Biden administration be so out of touch!

• Yes I would love term limits, unfortunately congress would have to vote for them and I suspect they would never vote to put themselves out of their jobs with term limits

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes I would love term limits, unfortunately congress would have to vote for them and I suspect they would never vote to put themselves out of their jobs with term limits

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

YUP - bout as much chance of a third party rising up to take power away from the status quo - ain’t likely

• I cracked open another beer. Got me going. I took a motorcycle trip to Virginia beach last week. Looking out over the ocean at night I could see many ships anchored offshore. Someone said they were on hold waiting to offload cargo. They were backed up. I'm waiting for grill gates, and a motorcycle tire for months, no word. Those ships have got to be filling for durmage, a charge payable to the owner of a chartered ship in respect of failure to load or discharge the ship within the time agreed. Inflation is going through the roof. From what hear this is going on all over? Why? What the heck is going on that this administration is not paying attention? How can the the Biden administration be so out of touch!

Galveston a couple weeks back was the same way. Stayed on Crystal Beach and at night looking due south it looked like another city out there. We all kept checking google and maps as it looked like a city, but was nothing but ocean and ships. People did say they are waiting to unload back then, but wasn't putting it together that this is really going on ALL over. When we have single points of failure like that I really think this is when the GOVT steps in to help (not control and own going forward because you helped a need). Trump did this with trucking, shipping, and manufacturing during project warp speed. Got the Guard involved transportation wise to move vaccines etc... We can't do that with all this product and inbound shipments now?

• Stop giving out more unemployment the port workers and not going to work if they can make as much or more staying home. Restaurants are closing down because they can't get workers. Why do I as a tax payer have to pay these people not to work?

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• YUP - bout as much chance of a third party rising up to take power away from the status quo - ain’t likely

Well it sure isn't likely if people won't vote for a third party because they are waiting for others to take the plunge first

Perhaps if you and I and others here would be among the first to say "screw the 2 parties" and vote for those other candidates that don't have a chance others down the road might follow and some day if and when the 2 party system finally gets put where it belongs our grand kids can tell all of their friends how they remember their grandparents being the first people they knew who were willing to stand up and and vote against the two party corruption

its got to start somewhere - - - why not here and now with us?

• Bingo! And guess who was standing in the middle of both parties and basically giving both the middle finger for 4 years, Donald J. Trump. This was without a doubt a mutual concensus from BOTH parties. After all some of these crooks have been working in the same building for more than 30 years. When the cameras turn on they put on a show but behind closed doors guaranteed they are all breaking bread together.

and this is why we need to eliminate the two party system - - they are not truly different parties with different things to offer the people anymore - - - they have set themselves above us as the political elite class and they work together behind closed doors to keep and to increase their power over us and their wealth

like I have been saying when we vote for the National Democrat or Republican choices that they give us we are not really getting a choice - 99% of the time the two options we are given are the two people that have made it through their system that behind closed doors they have agreed are the BEST FOR THEM! - - - Trump was that 1% exception that fell through the cracks in their system - and this is something you can bet they are working to insure never happenes again - - - why do you think they are still coming up with things to investigate about Trump? - - he is no longer in office, why can't they just drop all of this crap? - - - I can tell you why, they are working every angle they can think of to stack the deck in every way possible to guarantee that Trump can't run again, and they won't stop until they succeed - - - - Trump was a fluke, They never thought he would ever win, they never even took him seriously until it was to late

They don't plan of ever letting the people have another Trump the only Presidential candidate without their stamp of approval to ever make it to the final two and the first President actually chosen by the people in a very long time.

Extra Note:

Just something to think about - - - If you really look at all the facts for all practical purposes Donald Trump was a third party candidate. looking at his history it is very clear that the "R" he ran under was simply a tool he used to get past the road blocks they set up to control elections - - - - to anyone that thinks a non Democrat or non Republican will never win I say you are wrong Trump is living proof that given the chance the people will vote for someone who doesn't have the pre approval of the two parties - - - seriously the investigations that are ongoing against Trump they are not to keep Trump from running as a Republican in 2024 the Party can stop that be simply not allowing him on their ticket - - - all of these investigations are being done to keep Trump from running as an independent or running under his own party

The two parties know that the people will in fact vote for someone who wasn't hand picked by the Parties - - Trump showed the whole country that the best person can win even if he isn't the pre approved Democrat and Republican choice

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Let us say just for argument sake and I would vote for a 3rd Party candidate. Name me someone with the name recognition, the right platform, and most importantly the financial power to take down the 2 major parties running this country for close to 250 years ?? If they are out there - I sure am unaware!! If anything that would unite Rep/Dem - that would do it !!