Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• For All of you who are thinking that there’s no way Joe Biden could be in control and wondering who the man behind the curtain is, up until today I myself included, I just had an epiphany. When you look at the border. COVID-19, Afghanistan, treasonous generals, unbridled spending, and the list goes on yeah, I absolutely think Joe’s in control!

When you put a buffoon like this in power and give him the keys to the castle would you expect anything else?

Oh, and there’s no truth to the rumor that when Afghans found out they were being resettled to Chicago, they got off the plane. Figured it was safer to take their chances with staying .😜

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Yes, I agree we shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil. I'm sure (know) we have many good educators. Some for what I have seen on the forum are in my opinion exceptional. The issue lies in that teachers have the power of influence over young and developing minds and that influence is on a massive scale. Year after year. It's a great responsibility in which blind trust is placed. School choice and an up-front, transparent to the public development plan would go a long way to trust. I believe there are many influences shaping our youth of which the power of group think is leading to huge problems. At the same time the instances of the shutdown of free open and opposing dialogue is shutting down at an alarming rate.

Almost like the trust we should have in all police huh?

And doctors... And lawy-- err, nevermind... Sorry Bill! laugh-squared

• Oh and as far as influencing minds... Unfortunately that's the "celebrities" and dumbass social media "influencers"... Maybe if parents would actually parent, we'd be in a better place. And that might solve the police issue too... Less crime? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh well, like politics, the cycle continues and we're all in this because THEY (reps AND dems) want us to be in this so THEY stay in control...

• Oh and as far as influencing minds... Unfortunately that's the "celebrities" and dumbass social media "influencers"... Maybe if parents would actually parent, we'd be in a better place. And that might solve the police issue too... Less crime? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh well, like politics, the cycle continues and we're all in this because THEY (reps AND dems) want us to be in this so THEY stay in control...

I gotta ask ya cause you are the only pre college educators I know. Are they teaching Critical Race Theory and your thoughts as a principal???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I gotta ask ya cause you are the only pre college educators I know. Are they teaching Critical Race Theory and your thoughts as a principal???

We aren't...

We focus on fundamentals. Math. Reading. Science. Social Studies (if we get time for social studies unfortunately).

And my thoughts on it? Well, I'm not sure I know what it is... Haven't cared enough to find out because I'm worried about math and reading! If kids know those two things well, well then they can then choose to learn whatever they want to learn about.

Again, leave some things up to parents who are all children's first teacher. But I'm a simple man...

• We aren't...

We focus on fundamentals. Math. Reading. Science. Social Studies (if we get time for social studies unfortunately).

........ I'm worried about math and reading! If kids know those two things well, well then they can then choose to learn whatever they want to learn about.

Finally, something we agree on! 🤣 I knew if I waited long enough there would be something. When my son was much younger, he didn't want to do reading homework. He "knew how to do stuff... he didn't need reading" . I asked him what he wanted to do for a career. After he told me, I asked questions pertaining to it. He didn't know the answers. I explained that if you know how to read, you can teach yourself how to do anything! He understood what I was saying and it changed him forever.

Another point you brought up I had learned while he was in grade school... no Social Studies! No civics, no US Government, nothing! You will never convince me this wasn't done with purpose. To keep the upcoming voters ignorant. My son did bring home a curriculum book once and was furious because it paraphrased the 2nd amendment.Totally losing context and meaning. He knew it was wrong and pointed it out in class. He grew to be a great debater. He had a liberal leaning teacher start pushing her beliefs during lunch break once. My son was destroying her with statistics in the common area. She turned to another teacher and said "can you help me? You should have my back". This teacher had taught my son a couple of years. She simply replied, "you chose the wrong one. You won't win this argument " 😁

On the subject of teachers pushing ignorance/stupidity...my son and I were discussing one of the latest race stories that was all over the news. It came up about races other than whites displaying racism. My grandson (who was in middle school) chimed in and said "only white people can be racist" We started questioning him about this and he told us that his teacher had told the class this point blank! It was easy enough to change his mind. I used a scenario in which a person of color did something racist. He still said the person wasn't racist. I repeated the scenario replacing the previous colors with different ones...green,purple, etc. He then realized that racism isn't limited to one race. All it takes is time to actually let the kids think for themselves

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• From A VFW news letter. Wonder why this is?

Congress is voting now on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022. There are two critical amendments that NEED to stay!

GWOT Memorial Location Act

With the recent end to the conflict in Afghanistan and the 20th commemoration of the attacks on 9/11, NOW is the time to formally honor the more than 2.7 million men and women who served in the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT). Washington bureaucrats are prohibiting a GWOT Memorial on the National Mall. The VFW strongly believes that our veterans, their families, and survivors have more than earned their right to have a place to commemorate alongside the other memorials of previous generations. Congress is failing the post-9/11 veterans who fought to defend our freedom and way of life.

• Let's face the facts. Congress is failing the country. Allowing the historical civil war monuments saying they were racist is their way of "doing something" without thinking of their actions. They said that it doesn't represent the American people. I'm sorry but unless you bought a factory that manufactures WHITE OUT so you can undo every mention of history, you're actions amount to no more than lip service. You can't undo history, but more importantly, you can't IGNORE it either. Just look at how long Vietnam Veterans had to go to get any needed medical assistance or even a small monument for those who served and died for their country - many of who didn't agree with the mission, but answered their call when drafted.

I almost said that the way this country has gone in the past few years (and more importantly, the last 8 months) that I'm ashamed to be an American. But the true statement is that I'm ashamed of OUR GOVERNMENT for what they have done or allowed to happen to our great country. We need another leader like Reagan to get us back to the great country we all want and need before it's too late

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Almost like the trust we should have in all police huh?

Yes, that would be correct. Except I use the wording as we should expect to have trust. Nothing wrong with verifying that trust. I like this guy!

trustbutverify.jpg

• Almost like the trust we should have in all police huh?

As an aircraft mechanic for close to 24 years I was subject to a job task inspection by a quality assurance inspector. This was an unannounced over the shoulder real time inspection that took place at least every 60 days for my entire carrier. A report was done and channels above were notified. PTA function?

• Oops - - - sorry about that

first they get a bunch of wonderful young men and women just trying to serve their country killed by not properly planning and then they respond by blowing up more innocent people

A great job by our commander and chief - - - - I just hope he remembers what he felt like when he lost his child and realizes that thanks to him there are now many more parents going through the exact same thing.

and no matter who else might have made bad choices in the end he is the Commander & Chief and that is where this BS falls

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A point was brought up that make you wonder. As much trust which appears to be placed in the Taliban. What if the Biden administration used local on-the-ground information provided by the Taliban as an aid to target the botched drone strike?

• I believe it was called a righteous strike wasn't it?