Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• From what I hear the post office is also exempt? Wonder what is the reasoning behind that?

Perhaps if we look into the historic roots of the term "Going Postal" we might find a basis for their reasoning

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• oops - more misinformation - This just in - Fox News

A Washington Post reporter on Thursday night corrected a report claiming that U.S. Postal Service workers – a group of about 650,000 people – would be exempt from President Biden’s executive order calling for federal employees to be vaccinated against the coronavirus.

"JUST IN: White House official now says USPS workers ARE part of the federal vaccine mandate order under OSHA jurisdiction, though technically not under the executive order," Post reporter Jacob Bogage wrote on Twitter.

so if correct they are going to be subject to the rule just the method is different

• Everytime this useless idiot does something in the white house, I cant help but picture in ny head what would happen IF it was Trump making this decision what would happen (Oh the outrage!). I could give two shits what anyone thinks or says, if something is unconstitutional no amount of "subjective" crap can change that. This relays to ANY type of weapon ban, any type of infringement on our freedom of speech and DEFINITELY obligating citizens to take a damn Vaccine. And to answer what you said about Ben Franklin Edward Neal, if ANY of the founding fathers were alive to see what these politicians are doing they would be very VERY disappointed and would without a doubt, oppose this 100%. This is exactly the main reason why they gave us the right to bear arms. I am just wondering the exact time most people will decide to use them, but its definitely getting close. Government has absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to force anyone to take a Vaccine. End of story. You know what thats called?

Dictatorship.

• I know the CDC has become somewhat political but this interests me - take it as you will.

https://www.foxnews.com/health…e-likely-die-covid-report

I know percentages can be used to dramatically over or under state realities depending on the intent but....

Unvaccinated people face a far greater chance of death from the COVID-19 delta variant, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control.

After the second period, which occurred between June 20 and July 17, the study noted that not fully vaccinated individuals are 4.5 times more likely to get infected (89.1 per 100,000 vs .19.4), 10 times more likely to be hospitalized (7.0 per 100,000 vs .7) and 11 times more likely to die (1.1 per 100,000 vs .1) from the delta variant.

• Everytime this useless idiot does something in the white house, I cant help but picture in ny head what would happen IF it was Trump making this decision what would happen (Oh the outrage!). I could give two shits what anyone thinks or says, if something is unconstitutional no amount of "subjective" crap can change that. This relays to ANY type of weapon ban, any type of infringement on our freedom of speech and DEFINITELY obligating citizens to take a damn Vaccine. And to answer what you said about Ben Franklin Edward Neal, if ANY of the founding fathers were alive to see what these politicians are doing they would be very VERY disappointed and would without a doubt, oppose this 100%. This is exactly the main reason why they gave us the right to bear arms. I am just wondering the exact time most people will decide to use them, but its definitely getting close. Government has absolutely NO RIGHT whatsoever to force anyone to take a Vaccine. End of story. You know what thats called?

Dictatorship.

They have been mandating vaccines for as long as I can remember - I would bet you had several that were required before you could attend school just like I did, my kids did and my grandkids did - - now I am not saying this is right or wrong, but do think its a bit late to suddenly complain when its been happening for a very long time

Also just incase you think this is unconstitutional in the early 1900's a Swedish-born pastor named Henning Jacobson refused to get the smallpox vaccination and took his anti-vaccine crusade all the way to the U.S. Supreem Court where the Nation's top justices issued a landmark ruling in 1905 that legitimized the governments authority to "reasonably" infringe upon personal freedoms during a public health crisis by issuing a fine to those who refused vaccination.

Mandated Vaccination and the Supreme Court

So like it or not there is a precedent

• I know the CDC has become somewhat political but this interests me - take it as you will.

https://www.foxnews.com/health…e-likely-die-covid-report

I know percentages can be used to dramatically over or under state realities depending on the intent but....

Unvaccinated people face a far greater chance of death from the COVID-19 delta variant, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control.

After the second period, which occurred between June 20 and July 17, the study noted that not fully vaccinated individuals are 4.5 times more likely to get infected (89.1 per 100,000 vs .19.4), 10 times more likely to be hospitalized (7.0 per 100,000 vs .7) and 11 times more likely to die (1.1 per 100,000 vs .1) from the delta variant.

All this is a bad situation. This is in response to the numbers being pushed. It deserves to be looked into (unless you don't care about the narrative.

Emergency Department Visits for Suspected Suicide Attempts Among Persons Aged 12–25 Years Before and During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, January 2019–May 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Beginning in March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic and response, which included physical distancing and stay-at-home orders, disrupted daily life in the United States. Compared with the rate in 2019, a 31% increase in the proportion of mental health–related emergency department (ED) visits occurred among adolescents aged 12–17 years in 2020 (1). In June 2020, 25% of surveyed adults aged 18–24 years reported experiencing suicidal ideation related to the pandemic in the past 30 days (2). More recent patterns of ED visits for suspected suicide attempts among these age groups are unclear. Using data from the National Syndromic Surveillance Program (NSSP),* CDC examined trends in ED visits for suspected suicide attempts during January 1, 2019–May 15, 2021, among persons aged 12–25 years, by sex, and at three distinct phases of the COVID-19 pandemic. Compared with the corresponding period in 2019, persons aged 12–25 years made fewer ED visits for suspected suicide attempts during March 29–April 25, 2020. However, by early May 2020, ED visit counts for suspected suicide attempts began increasing among adolescents aged 12–17 years, especially among girls. During July 26–August 22, 2020, the mean weekly number of ED visits for suspected suicide attempts among girls aged 12–17 years was 26.2% higher than during the same period a year earlier; during February 21–March 20, 2021, mean weekly ED visit counts for suspected suicide attempts were 50.6% higher among girls aged 12–17 years compared with the same period in 2019. Suicide prevention measures focused on young persons call for a comprehensive approach, that is adapted during times of infrastructure disruption, involving multisectoral partnerships (e.g., public health, mental health, schools, and families) and implementation of evidence-based strategies (3) that address the range of factors influencing suicide risk.

• know percentages can be used to dramatically over or under state realities depending on the intent but

Then do the math.

not fully vaccinated individuals are 4.5 times more likely to get infected (89.1 per 100,000 or 0.089% vs .19.4 or 0.0194%)

89 ÷ 100000 = 0.00089 = 0.089% chance of infection

19.4 ÷ 100000 = 0.000194 = 0.0194% chance of infection

10 times more likely to be hospitalized (7.0 per 100,000 or 0.007% vs .7 or 0.0007%)

7.0 ÷ 100000 = 7.0E-5 = 0.007%
    0.7 ÷ 100000 = 7.0E-6 = 0.0007%

11 times more likely to die (1.1 per 100,000 or 0.0011% vs .1 or 0.0001%) from the delta variant.
    1.1 ÷ 100000 = 1.1E-5 = 0.0011%
    0.1 ÷ 100000 = 1.0E-6 = 0.0001%

I will take my chances, thanks

• AllIn5450 You are free to take your chances - that is your right, I just hope that you understand that in doing so you potentially increase the risk to every single person you come in contact with

this is the stumbling block that I have with this issue - - we are not all living in bubbles where our choice on this only impacts ourself - - because this is a communicable virus what we do as individuals actually has the potential to cause great harm to others - - Now I know that some would say "well then let them take the steps to protect themselves" but the problem with that is two fold, first no child under 12 has the option of getting the vaccine so they dont have the ability to protect themselves and then there are also adults who have medical conditions that prevent them from getting the vaccine - - should we all just demand they stay home and lock themselves up to stay safe from you?

basically what you are saying is "I will take my chances - Screw everyone else I don't care about them"

who knows you could be famous just like Mary

Mary Mallon, also known as Typhoid Mary, was an Irish-born cook believed to have infected 53 people with typhoid fever, three of whom died, and the first person in the United States identified as an asymptomatic carrier of the disease pathogen, Salmonella Typhi.

• And yet none this instances mean its constitutional AT ALL.

• From what I understand postal workers have federal benefits but aren't considered federal employees. So Biden's mandate doesn't apply but the ohsa reg will if they make one.

If the vaccine was so wonderful why are all the vaccinated people so worried about getting Covid from me? More vaccinated people are in the hospital with Covid since they got the shot.....things that make you go hmmmmmmm

and remember fauci warned the vaccinated to wear 2 masks after you get the shot....he must be psychic.... or he knows it doesn’t work...

• And yet none this instances mean its constitutional AT ALL.

perhaps, but the U.S. Supreme Court has set a precedent that says they think it is

So, a personal question - - have you ever refused a mandated vaccine in all of your life before this?

• the only reason the FDA granted emergency approval of the vaccine.....

First they were bought off...

Second, remember when they said hydracloriquin and imervectim and all the other things that were working on Covid suddenly began not working? The reason is simple.....the emergency approval can not be given when other viable options are available.....so they quickly condemned all the other treatments, leaving no other viable option....and the emergency use order was given...... see how everything works....

you’ve been played again....and you thought is was because it worked...

• perhaps, but the U.S. Supreme Court has set a precedent that says they think it is

So, a personal question - - have you ever refused a mandated vaccine in all of your life before this?

I can't think of any mandated vaccines in my adult life. (As a child I wouldn't have made any choices on vaccine). I have taken some recommended ones and God knows what the Corps gave me but I wasn't told take the shot or get kicked out.

• perhaps, but the U.S. Supreme Court has set a precedent that says they think it is

I was born and raised in communist Cuba. So no, i never had the option of refusing anything mandated over there. Hence, why i mentioned that this is a stunt dictators pull. Do you know deep down why there are still 80 million americans thay refuse to take the vaccine? Because people do not respect nor has any trust in this president. Because noone forgets the whole campaign they themselves orchestrated against the vaccine when Trump was in power just to "win" an election. People lost complete trust in government and how can you blame them? I mean, the same guy that says he is here to protect all americans just left a bunch of americans to die in Afghanistan. The same hypocritical cunts that said not to trust a "rushed" vaccine last year now want to mandate it and force it on everyone. On and to those who say its "Trump supporters" the ones not getting vaccinated, I dont recall Trump even once NOT recommending the vaccine or going against it, totally the opposite.

• should we all just demand they stay home and lock themselves up to stay safe from you?

Wear a mask. The gubment says they will protect you.

If you are that damn worried about it, wear a fucking mask, NO ONE is telling you that you can not do it to protect yourself.

You have the right to wear it, or not wear it.

BTW, I also do not go around coughing on people, that is rude as hell.

But coming at me with a syringe and trying to force me to get a shot of god knows what, will most definitely get you shot.