Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• When it comes to politics; I try to keep my political opinion and musings here. In it's place.

Why doesn't it make sense to talk politics in a political thread? Don't get me wrong at times I have my limits and stay away from this thread and go back to my favs, which is the mods thread and "where did you take your slingshot today".

Is the talk gloomy and doomy? Yes. We went from hopeful with peace deals in the middle east, border being secured and a strengthening economy to Biden who is screwing us harder than a mega chapter of Overeater's anonymous at a mexican restaurant during "all you can eat bean burrito" night when they hit that bathroom.

• Quote from MiM

You've got to give it to the Taliban... They are good fighters and really smart!

Now I would've thought this statement would've gotten more likes from this crowd...

tenor.gif

Ok since you brought it up. At this moment there's somewhere in the range of 15k Americans stuck in Afghanistan, maybe much more. This takeover didn't happen overnight, it was planned for a long time. They had a preplanned network of checkpoints prior. After they set up and took control of the area surrounding Kabul those checkpoints came to use. It's a desperate and life threating situation for all all those Americas trying to reach the airport.

If the Biden administration had any brains they would have notified all those people and strongly advised them to get out prior to the pull out. ...and made sure they had ample time to take care of loose ends and make it happen. Think of the massive potential for loss of life. Think of the massive value of a few thousand American hostages. For those thousands of people it's worse than doom and gloom right now its a struggle to survive.

• Quote from MiM

You've got to give it to the Taliban... They are good fighters and really smart!

Ok since you brought it up. At this moment there's somewhere in the range of 15k Americans stuck in Afghanistan, maybe much more. This takeover didn't happen overnight, it was planned for a long time. They had a preplanned network of checkpoints prior. After they set up and took control of the area surrounding Kabul those checkpoints came to use. It's a desperate and life threating situation for all all those Americas trying to reach the airport.

If the Biden administration had any brains they would have notified all those people and strongly advised them to get out prior to the pull out. ...and made sure they had ample time to take care of loose ends and make it happen. Think of the massive potential for loss of life. Think of the massive value of a few thousand American hostages. For those thousands of people it's worse than doom and gloom right now its a struggle to survive.

So you agree or disagree???

tenor.gif

• The news on the local radio today said the Taliban was letting the people leave the country and they were just patrolling around the outside of the airport. I wouldn't trust them or the news media.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• The news on the local radio today said the Taliban was letting the people leave the country and they were just patrolling around the outside of the airport. I wouldn't trust them or the news media.

Hope your right. Although I would have to wonder just what they are patrolling for and who are they are allowing to leave?

• Quote from MiM

My thoughs are "WHY" did not these people leave when the troops left. You think they did not know what was going to happen? BU--S--T If you are not smart enough to take car of yourself, then why should I.

• My thoughs are "WHY" did not these people leave when the troops left. You think they did not know what was going to happen? BU--S--T If you are not smart enough to take car of yourself, then why should I.

In general I agree and you may be right in your statement. This happens may times and typically I agree. Judging by the administrations reaction of surprise those people may not have had a true indication of the danger. A mechanism should have been left in place should this happen. Bagram is just north and should have been the last American presence.

• the new green deal is building back Beijing.

so now biden is going to have a new, new green deal....no electric cars....

Yes it it true that Afghanistan has huge deposits of precious metals and lithium, but so far no one has had much luck accessing them. And it is possible that you are correct and that China will try to make some deals with Afghanistan to be allowed to come in and set up mining operations - I guess the real question will be if China can have any better luck than Russia or the U.S. did in dealing with the ultra religious ideology of the Taliban - It would seem very likely to me that China with their anti religion views would be seen as a huge affront and not particularly welcome in a country trying to be a Islamic Caliphate

Perhaps in 10 or 20 years we will be laughing at Chinas failures in Afghanistan just like I am sure Russia is laughing at us right now :/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Fake news as usual. Do you ever actually do any research?!?!

https://www.nsenergybusiness.c…t-lithium-reserves-world/

yep.....my info comes from this year.....

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/4…e-world-desperately-needs

perhaps most importantly, what could be one of the world's biggest untapped deposits of lithium — an essential but scarce component in rechargeable batteries and other technologies vital to tackling the climate crisis.