Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• . Edward Neal

I am a Conservative and belong to no party so can't help you with that and it's not my place to do so.

I do what I can to promote those who most align with my beliefs from dog catcher to President regardless of party and one of those core beliefs is service so if anyone chooses to do nothing, a decision I personally shed blood for them to have and keep, IMO they also forfeit their right to complain about the outcome.

So to that, given your last statement, are you willing to do something, anything, no matter how small you think it may be to change things. Even if what you believe does not align with what I do will you do something. If not, then at minimum don't stand in the way of other good men who are willing to be more than a spectator.

......... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Unfortunately things can get complicated here in California - Republican primaries are closed - got to be a registered Republican to vote in them - Democrat primaries are partially closed have to be a Democrat or no party to vote in them -

so voting for and supporting everyone I might align with can be difficult even if I were undeclared not all primaries and candidates would be available for me to vote for

again as I said above the D's & the R's have rigged the system making it almost impossible for me to support every person I might want unless by some chance for an election they all happen belong to one particular party

Considering this I have chosen to register Libertarian where the odds of having people to vote for who I agree with on policy is pretty much guaranteed - t's the only Party with a policy and platform that doesn't want to control some aspect of peoples lives.

pretty much sums it up for me, both major parties have enough garbage outside of that Libertarian box to offset any of the things they are for that might be inside that box - - JMO

Yes - the people I vote for might never win, but at least I can go to bed at night knowing I stayed true to what I believe

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

............. tongue-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• And what is the point of voting for a Republican or Democrat when neither one represents what you believe? Seriously is winning more important than values? Right now it seems there is almost as much wrong with the Republicans as the Democrats they no longer represent fiscal conservative values they want my money just as much as the liberals do they just want to spend it a different place

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• And what is the point of voting for a Republican or Democrat when neither one represents what you believe? Seriously is winning more important than values? Right now it seems there is almost as much wrong with the Republicans as the Democrats they no longer represent fiscal conservative values they want my money just as much as the liberals do they just want to spend it a different place

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

IMO we have reached a point where you can’t vote for the best candidate - you gotta vote against the one that you think will do the most harm. I voted for Trump and Joe Biden has already far surpassed my expectations of what a train wreck his administration would be.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• IMO we have reached a point where you can’t vote for the best candidate - you gotta vote against the one that you think will do the most harm. I voted for Trump and Joe Biden has already far surpassed my expectations of what a train wreck his administration would be.

I hate to say it, but I truly think this is exactly what the Democrats and Republicans have intentionally created - they want us to think we have no choice but them they tell us that voting for anyone else is the same as throwing away the vote - - and this just helps insure they stay in power.

Perhaps if more people actually voted for the best person and were willing to lose before they would compromise we might actually make a change

We have been totally manipulated - first they do everything they can to make sure the D's and the R's are the only players in the game and in the debates and then for insurance they keep trying to convince us that if we still try to cross that line we are throwing our votes away.

In the past I fell for this and kept voting for my Republican Party even as they continued to move further and further away from true fiscal conservative values and were supporting things I disagreed with, I tried to move away, but I was weak and I waffled, switching to Libertarian but, then switching back again when they wouldn't let me have full access in the primaries and kept telling me I was throwing my vote away. Sorry, but that's their game and its pure BS designed to help them keep power - , I am back now as a registered Libertarian and I am not changing again - - Ill be damned if I am going to compromise my values again - Id rather lose every election that I vote in than win by voting for some person who does not support my values just because he or she is a bit better than the other major party candidate - - being better does not automatically make them good and there is no such thing as good enough if it means I have to compromise my values and beliefs

200w.gif

• Since I can remember I have heard people say, if you vote third party you are throwing away your vote, to which I replied if you vote party lines you are throwing away your vote.

I have quit voting for the big guys (last year I wrote in Tuisi Gabbard) and threw away my vote if one follows the narrative above. I say it is my vote and if more people actually voted as they think and not along any red/blue line maybe we can pull out of the "this person sucks, but I will vote for them just to be against the other person". Anyone who thinks that the Trump shit show is better than the Biden shit show should really take a look around.

I do feel that Trump did not get the respect most presidents get, but that was by his own hand. I couldn't vote for him... Biden gets the respect, but does not deserve it because he has been and is a mouth piece for the party... I couldn't vote for him... Anyway... I will continue to vote (or as some feel throw away my vote) until I just decide to quit voting for national stuff and only look at things that will affect the local area that I live in. Unfortunately most local stuff has become red/blue as well..

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• All good points above about voting - SADLY it would appear the majority are gonna vote for the “who is gonna give me more free shit” than who is going to lead us forward!!

• Being retired I have decided to take up a new career - I find painting quite enjoyable. I am opening the bid at $500k….BCB4096A-F911-4C04-9FD5-C1445915BBDA.jpeg

It comes with post card from The Big Guy :00008172:

cash, check, charge, Bitcoin barter all forms of payment accepted - be the first on your block to get one 😬

• And what is the point of voting for a Republican or Democrat when neither one represents what you believe? ...

I do consider myself a libertarian who votes "R" and I do it for one reason: Voting "R" is a voice for future choice. My hope is enough "R" is voted to the point where we can have true choice. Republicans will be held accountable by the media.

Voting "D" is voting against choice. Their (now very obvious goal) is to create a one party state with unlimited power and zero accountability.

• Another example of how badly the system is rigged is the way that all but 2 States allocate their electoral college votes on a 100% winner take all system - - Seriously think about this - imagine if my State of California had a vote in a presidential election where 55% of the people voted for the Democrat, 42% voted for the Republican and the final 3% voted for some third party candidate. - - so 45% of the population that voted did not vote for the Democrat yet when the electoral college votes are allocated all 55, 100%, of California votes would be given to the Democrat - - basically throwing away the votes of 45% of the people who voted

think about that - - and its not just California, every single State except Nebraska & Maine do this exact same thing

There is no minimum threshold required - its a straight winner take all - literally a one vote difference would be all it would take for almost half of the voters to have their vote for President be meaningless

As you all know I live in California and this State is pretty much guaranteed to vote majority Democrat in any Presidential election - - so when you tell me I am throwing my vote away if I vote Libertarian please keep in mind any vote that isnt for the Democrat is going to get thrown away in the end anyway

Yea - The last time my presidential vote wasn't thrown away and not counted by my State was 1988

oh - and if you live in a smaller Red State there is a good chance that some of those 55 votes of California might well have made your vote not count either =O

• Well stated sir.