Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The integral part of Biden's plan was taxing individuals that make more than $400k. Not businesses, though that was part.

Last I checked the vast majority of Americans don't make $400k+, therefore those that voted for it aren't affected by that aspect.

Though it should be noted, I don't know a single person that said that money was their reason. Environment, climate change, women's rights, BLM, truthfulness(or the appearance there of), Covid response were always mentioned well before taxes, rich people or corporations.

I have been that unicorn you speak of. You know when you can file for that $25 return and say it isn't worth the hassle. Yeah, I was a baller like that when I was 27 and pulling in a cool $24k a year.:*

I also owed many years and couldn't be bothered to file. Doesn't change the fact that in my youth, I very much let the government just keep that money. Year over year.

Edited 2 times, last by WOLF ().

• SoCal if you are being honest. You know that the majority of people don't know too much about their guy/girl. They also don't know much about their guy/girls opponent.

If you're being honest, you know that many Trump voters voted for (R), not some laundry lists of promises, policies.... They voted for perceived long held party positions. The same can be said for Democrats that didn't vote for Biden or Biden's plan, they voted for (D) for perceived long held party positions.

Which if my math adds up, is the same as those voting against Trump or Biden because of the (R) or (D) they chose or because they are Trump or Biden.

I'm sure there is one unicorn out there that voted simply for a tax increase on rich people and corporations. If they exist I haven't heard of them or met them. Maybe since you are more into the stock market, tax policy and how the economy works you can tell me if you ever met that unicorn. Have you?;)

• WOLF Good reply - thank you. But I have to mention a few things that may be under the radar.

The integral part of Biden's plan was taxing individuals that make more than $400k.

Not businesses, though that was part.

First - You may not be aware - most are not but 400K a year is right around where many sole proprietor business reside. They are not corporations ( but should be). These people will get hit hard. These are mom and pop businesses. They are the job generators in America. Yes 400K too many people sounds huge. Run a business with employees and it is rather slim.

Last I checked the vast majority of Americans don't make $400k+, therefore those that voted for it aren't affected by that aspect.

This is the attitude that really makes me shake my head. If you don't get it I am not sure I can explain it to you. But here goes. Class envy is never ok with me. It It is intellectually lazy and dangerous. These achievers in our nation build and support this nation with jobs and businesses. "It doesn't effect me so why should I care" I believe is playing one American against another simply because of their ambition quotient. Not cool.

And here is the dirty little secret many don't know or understand. "The little guy" always pays. And pays large. When a corporation or any business gets hit with higher costs they don't go downstairs and print more money - they pass it on to their customers. The guy doing lawn service squeaking by gets hit the hardest with high gas tax's, and the list goes on. That is why my Quarter pounder meal at Mikeydees costs 10.85 here in Cali. We are on the cusp of computer/robot drive throughs here now because of the regulations on businesses. Entry level jobs here will be a thing of the past soon because of 15$/hr etc mandates.

I have been that unicorn you speak of. You know when you can file for that $25 return and say it isn't worth the hassle. Yeah, I was a baller like that when I was 27 and pulling in a cool $24k a year.:*

I am not talking about being negligent or waisting money. I am / was speaking of those that vote for higher tax's and more regulation yet never pay more unless they have to. To vote for higher tax's but never pay them prior out of principal is disingenuous and lazy. I have never known anyone that said they slept better because someone they did not know that was monetarily better off across town payed more than them. Makes no sense.

I have heard many on the left call for the head of Jeff Bezos. Lamenting the billionaire class and how that is evil somehow. It was very much a part of the Biden campaign. Thing is - Jeff started Amazon in his garage and he exemplifies and personifies the American dream. Many in this country see him with envy and hate. I submit that that kind of success is only possible in this great county. I love quoting my late father - He used to say; " Don't kill the golden goose for a quick meal". He is still correct though many don't understand this.

Sleep tight my friend. We business owners will be reaching a little deeper into your pocket soon and Ol Joe will be the reason.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Perhaps true for some but not for me. I vote based on results not rhetoric. Trump has many more ( results ) than two or three presidents combined - irrespective of party.

All the fantasy dreams of the left have to be paid for somehow. As I have said before, " the left's zeal goes only as far as other peoples pocketbooks will allow them". You have to have a strong economy or nothing works in this or any other country. It is just one of those truisms. And as long as this country is free we will be the best at it.

And that is honest.

• Hmm, pfhisa, pardon spelling, announced their vaccine is 90% effective and will seek emergency authorization to distribute? Seems funny the announcement is so close after Biden was declared the winner. What the hell does Bidon think creating a virus task force will do except burn more of our oney needlessly?

he’s trying to prove trump screwed up the entire thing and only Democrats can handle the country.

• it’s not an inaugural ball

It’s a riot and the looting and burning will start after the COVID spreading dancing. the looting and burning will kill the virus so everyone will be saved.

• I’ll ask politely “PLEASE COME AND TAKE THEM”

When I see that bumper sticker, "come and take it", I often wonder if I can be held legally liable if I "take it".

Bill Martin could I say I was fulfilling a request and get away with "taking it".

Say I follow the guy home. Keep tabs on him for weeks. Find a way to get into his house, by borrowing his keys(which will be left on the kitchen counter), finding an open window... If I have no altercation with the person and don't break anything. Can I show up a day later and laugh at his ass while flaunting his guns and not worry about a police record or having to return them? Killing him if he takes it bad would be self defense on my part, so I know his possible death from acting like a bitch wouldn't get me in trouble.:)

• Biden’s tax plan wipes out all the tax breaks for child care, dependent deductions and other breaks for people making less than $400,000 so the entire thing is a lie used to get people to vote for him. Typical political double talk. The msm is just doing as they were ordered to do. Keep the propaganda coming.

• Perhaps true for some but not for me. I vote based on results not rhetoric. Trump has many more ( results ) than two or three presidents combined - irrespective of party.

All the fantasy dreams of the left have to be paid for somehow. As I have said before, " the left's zeal goes only as far as other peoples pocketbooks will allow them". You have to have a strong economy or nothing works in this or any other country. It is just one of those truisms. And as long as this country is free we will be the best at it.

And that is honest.

You believe that under Obama the stock market never hit record highs and wasn't hitting record highs a year and a half before Trump took office.

Just look back at past arguments.

You speak of "truisms"^^ I don't disagree with your "truism", just your two sided mouth.

You posit that Biden will ruin the economy and ruin small business...yet, under Obama, basically the same plan, everything blossomed and Trump had a great starting point and trajectory laid out for him.

And that is honest.

• Biden said he wanted to repeal all the Trump tax cuts.... That is a tax increase for everyone... and on top of that he wants to raise taxes on those making the 400k a year.

Biden has voted for every tax increase in his time as a politician... I find it hard to believe he will not do the same again. Reminds me of the "Read my Lips" campaign promise... that went away almost as soon as he got in office.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• In truth, Biden stated that in day one he would eliminate Trumps Tax reduction. Since that provided an average tax savings to a middle class family of about 4-6K. Ergo, eliminate the Trump Tax program will raise middle class taxes 4-6 K at the same time. So..... he will raise taxes on the middle class. Duh!!!

YLM. Your Life Matters

• A few years back I had brick pavers installed. Had three estimates. Two high, one low. After getting the second estimate (low) the third and last job estimate asked politely what the previous estimate was and after hearing the sq. footage replied "please insure they do the job correctly, I would loose money at that rate and couldn't survive" . I chose the lower estimate. They did a good job and they worked hard (I admire them for that) but I firmly believe this is what took place.

None of the workers spoke any English. Most likely they were being paid under the table as most likely this is how they were able to undercut. This is where these corrupt businesses gained an advantage over businesses doing the "real" correct thing yet were being punished for it.

Paying and exploiting cheep labor under the table gains a competitive advantage to win contracts. Paying cheep labor under the table translates into saved money as most likely no health insurance is paid by the employer. Most likely the federal government lost any money paid for tax purposes, increasing national dept. Hiring cheep labor under the table insures that any other company the choses to go the correct legal route will be driven out of business unless they themselves hire under the table. More Americans loosing jobs.

President Trump had a plan to protect American workers. Build a wall and control a process to insure a fair playing field. Not denying, but controlling.

The Democrats plan. No person is illegal. Tear down the wall, $15 minimum wage. Free healthcare, free education. Given my real world situation above any guess which direction small businesses will need to take in order to survive?

• IMO the US economy did well in spite of Obama not because of him. The man has never run so much as a lemonade stand in his life. Although Netflix did discover his hidden talent for making films - who knew? He, like many in government have no clue about what it takes to run a business let alone grow one. Until you have done it - you don't know. That is a truism my friend.

Thats what's cool about you buddy! You're brilliant in your own mind. 8)