Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I only have 3 words to add to this argument. Convention of States. If you know what it is, you know what I mean. If you don't, look it up.

Teach !!! Welcome back !! How is the teaching gig going ?? I happen to know what Convention of States means....we can’t get a consensus of who should go to what bathroom - I think it is a historical term you must be teaching :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Teach !!! Welcome back !! How is the teaching gig going ?? I happen to know what Convention of States means....we can’t get a consensus of who should go to what bathroom - I think it is a historical term you must be teaching :00008172::00008172:

Ironically for this thread, I have been teaching my students bias in informational text. How to see it, what it does, and how to use it to form your own thoughts.

• Ironically for this thread, I have been teaching my students bias in informational text. How to see it, what it does, and how to use it to form your own thoughts.

Have any slides you can post to help those in this thread that could benefit from such teachings?

I admit I had to look up "convention of states". I agree with it's call for term limits on people in Washington.

Though I can appreciate the idea of States having more control over Washington, those in Washington are already elected by those states. The "convention of states" seems to be along the same vein as the electoral college. With the knowledge that the majority of the countries population presides in a few states and those few states are Democrat strongholds, the "convention of states" seems like another way for Republicans to make a power grab. Looking at the bottom of their webpage and who is voicing support, should inform your students as to it's bias.

• God, I hope so. Sorry, late to the discussion and catching up.

It's good to hear from you and get a fresh perspective in here once in a while.:)

I thought about this since the last election and as there are hints he may run, I have thought even harder on it.

Kasich will be my guy if he runs. I liked him best before and voted for him.

My case:

I like him.

My Democrat wife doesn't like him.

Many Democrats don't like him.

Many Republicans don't like him.

Many in the middle like him.

Case closed!

• More importantly I don’t like him :00008172:

• WOLF - your statement

I admit I had to look up "convention of states". I agree with it's call for term limits on people in Washington

Once again we are in total agreement! Sadly, lotta good it does us:(

• Have any slides you can post to help those in this thread that could benefit from such teachings?

I admit I had to look up "convention of states". I agree with it's call for term limits on people in Washington.

Though I can appreciate the idea of States having more control over Washington, those in Washington are already elected by those states. The "convention of states" seems to be along the same vein as the electoral college. With the knowledge that the majority of the countries population presides in a few states and those few states are Democrat strongholds, the "convention of states" seems like another way for Republicans to make a power grab. Looking at the bottom of their webpage and who is voicing support, should inform your students as to it's bias.

No, the Convention of States is designed to help keep the gov't under control, hence the participation requirements and specifications on changes. This particular calling is Rep based, but the Dems could do so just as easily. Just as the electoral college is there to prevent a majority from one location from determining an election, the Convention allows states to attempt to make changes to a runaway government. Surely you can appreciate the ability to curb governmental control for either side of the aisle?

As for bias, the people here know it and recognize it. They choose to use the information anyway (on both sides of the issue).

• as to this shut down it looks like one side is at least trying to negotiate - offered up something pretty major yesterday - at least its major if you care about the DACA kids - - and its something he doesnt need republicans to give - just like Obama did so can he

so where are the Democrats? - - if getting the government open is important where are they? if the really give a cr@p about the DACA kids where are they?

its really sad state we are in when not letting Trump win is more important than working for things that you have said are important ||

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• if that was coming into the country every man would want open borders, but the women's March would be at the border to stop them.Have you seen some of those ugly ass bitches protesting for abortion,too bad they weren't aborted.