Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• No doubt there will be a huge lawsuit and you can bet they will name everyone, the officer, the police heck probably even the city - they will throw it every direction they can think of just to see if it sticks.
    Now, if she was off duty as they say I dont know if being in uniform makes much difference - just because a person wears their uniform going to and from their job I dont see how their employer should be held responsible for what they do before or after they leave the job. Having said that you never know what a jury might think - which is exactly why the lawsuit will be filed against everyone they can possibly think of

LAW 101 - throw as much shit as you can up against the wall and see what sticks :00008172:

PS - in reality the uniform makes no difference - with the spin that will be put on it the public perception it will be huge IMO

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I understand that her building has dedicated, assigned parking for each apartment. Apparently, she parked her vehicle on the "wrong floor" in garage. Either she was out to lunch, totally distracted, or under the influence of something.......... Manslaughter appears to be a fair, initial charge- subject to more facts.

• All the news channels here are already making it racial. Black man shot in his own house by white woman cop. Said she gave commands and he did not follow commands. If it was my house I doubt I would either. I mean if a cop in uniform came into your house pointing a gun would you comply to orders or shoot the cop. I am not sure what I would have done. But I am sure there is more to this story that we will not hear from the liberal media.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• You can’t be any more pro law enforcement as I am but this is really difficult to defend this officer based on what we know. Bottom line we have a questionable cop making a horrible decision. As you say @Chain - the liberal media will depict this as the norm as opposed to the exception. Sadly - from what I hear is police departments are really having a hard time hiring qualified people because it is not very appealing to risk your life for low pay in this anti cop environment. As PDs lower their standards to put more bodies on the front line the number of bad decisions from cops will rise. I am about as opposed to raising taxes as you can get but I would gladly put in my share to ensure PDs everywhere could have the funds to put the best people possible out there protecting us.

• You can’t be any more pro law enforcement as I am but this is really difficult to defend this officer based on what we know. Bottom line we have a questionable cop making a horrible decision. As you say @Chain - the liberal media will depict this as the norm as opposed to the exception. Sadly - from what I hear is police departments are really having a hard time hiring qualified people because it is not very appealing to risk your life for low pay in this anti cop environment. As PDs lower their standards to put more bodies on the front line the number of bad decisions from cops will rise. I am about as opposed to raising taxes as you can get but I would gladly put in my share to ensure PDs everywhere could have the funds to put the best people possible out there protecting us.

Yes and that same reason is why I will stay at home during this hurricane. Someone has to watch out for the home.

• Yes and that same reason is why I will stay at home during this hurricane. Someone has to watch out for the home.

I sure get that - the looting down here was horrible after Rita and Ike. A SOB that tries to steal after such an horrific event needs some lead in their ass

• Unknown if it’s true but it is being reported that she was in uniform,(seen on video) and had just completed a 15 hour shift! That’s a long day. I have pulled a couple of those and I was stone cold sober but totally exhausted. My mind was not working right. If true I can see a case being made against the department

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

• Unknown if it’s true but it is being reported that she was in uniform,(seen on video) and had just completed a 15 hour shift! That’s a long day. I have pulled a couple of those and I was stone cold sober but totally exhausted. My mind was not working right. If true I can see a case being made against the department

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info

I think I know ya pretty good and in my wildest imagination I can’t picture you doing something like this no matter how many hours you worked. I gotta believe there is more to this case than what we have seen so far. Could you ever be so tired when you walk in and the furniture being different doesn’t immediately cause you to pause? I ain’t buyin that argument...

• I guess you can say I’m pro law :D enforcement but she screwed up. Maybe I’m wrong and don’t have enough information. I don’t like to make snap decisions but with the info we have, she screwed the pooch

I agree - but you are the top cop in your area and have mucho experience. I get the tired, getting off on wrong floor. BUT I don’t think I have ever been drunk enough (having driven home :D ) where I could not tell I was not in the right house the minute I went thru the front door. In your experience does that even sound possible?? I am speculating but I think the officer and victim had some type of a prior relationship - that’s the only thing that makes sense to me in this perplexing case.

• In your experience does that even sound possible??

me personally,...no, but I can not say it could never happen. With that said, is A,O,J met with the minimum standards? Ability, opportunity, and jeopardy? These standards go for all, forget she is a cop, pretend she's teacher. Lets say it was her apartment, bad guy in it, does he have the ability to harm her or someone else? Does he have the opportunity to harm her or someone else? Does she feel that her life or the life of someone else is in jeopardy? If all 3 are present, it could be justified,... in her apartment. If one of the 3 is not present,.. bad shoot, even in her apartment. That's where the problem lies, not her apartment! I'm sure the DUI drunk that just killed someone didn't mean to either, but it still happened!

• The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just on the news (liberal news so who knows if true or not), That witness say she was pounding on the door and did not just walk in. I believe there is a lot more to this story than we are being told.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Anti-Trump rally, Friday morning September 14, 2018 - on the beach at Wilmington, NC

Please don't miss it

Spread the word!!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Can I wear my MAGA hat and T-shirt?

Do you really want to be on the beach in NC this coming Friday morning?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am in Puerto Rico for a few days and am proud of how Puerto Ricans, with the help of many institutions and individuals here and in the US, has gotten back on its feet after Hurricane Maria. Puerto Rico is back on its feet and trying to address its problems.

I do not think anyone reading this email has, and few people in the US have, experience the impact of 150 MPH winds. They literally ripped concrete pilings out of the ground and out of docks (I am a sailor). Ripped out an entire above ground electrical grid (it is not practical or economically feasible to put most electrical wires underground in a humid climate).

Regarding the death toll, hospitals, hotels, and some business facilities were among the few locations with robust enough backup electrical power to hold up beyond a few days. Many people went to the hospitals with normal and extraordinary health issues after the hurricane. Many others, especially elderly people in rural areas with little or no family support, could not make it to the hospital. They represent a high proportion of the death toll. My own brother in law, a middle class guy in his 70s with heat disease and diabetes, was sent home from a major hospital to make room for others. He was among those who died because they did not have access to appropriate care or refrigeration for diabetes medication.

It is very easy to call people, including our amoral current resident in the White house, names. It is far easier to call name than to recite and substantiate claims. I will not recite the lengthy list of incompetent, dishonest, and treasonous acts of this President. But denying that a lot of people in Puerto Rico died as a result of Hurricane Maria in the face of objective evidence, and claiming it was done just to make Trump look bad, is "a new low", in the words of Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, retiring Republican Member of Congress.

From The New York Times:
    Rejecting Puerto Rican Death Toll, Trump Accuses Democrats of Inflating It
    The president accused Democrats of inflating the death toll from Hurricane Maria, saying only six to 18 people died “after” the storm hit the island; the official toll is 3,000.
    trump-denies-puerto-rico-death-roll.html

• I knew the Democrats were so frustrated they would do anything to try and regain power but this latest Kavanaugh stunt is really pathetic. The man has had a stellar career of honesty, integrity, and a genuine love of the law. The accuser (a registered Democrat who contributes money to their causes) makes an allegation of sexual impropriety in HIGH SCHOOL just before his confirmation - PULEEZE !!! He has been thru several FBI security clearances and never another allegation coming forward in 35 years !! If this woman was so aggrieved why did she wait until Kavanaugh was on the precipice of becoming a Supreme Court Justice to come forward. Diane Feinstein should be ashamed of herself. I know politics suck but JEEZ - it’s gettin harder and harder for even me to watch - it’s bad for my blood pressure :cursing::cursing: