Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The only thing I can think of is that he came here from the FB groups where no Political posts are allowed at all... Other than that... reading his ramblings made me want to put my Battle Flag back on my Slingshot and fly it proudly....

Poor man probably doesn't even know that the Battle flag was never actually the Confederate States of Americas official flag

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was looking for info on the 2022 models and instead of finding out what Polaris has planned, my attention was drawn to the confederate flag icon for this "GOP discussion", a topic that is almost as active as the technical forums discussing the actual Slingshot. The site feels more like a Slingshot info site for people who believe that Trump is secretly still president and are probably waiting patiently at this very moment in Dallas for JFK and JFK jr to return with Kid Rock and Ted Nugent blaring to pass the time while they wait.

One suggestion I have is that you at least change he icon in this discussion to something less racist. I get it that this is Merica and you have the freedom to choose whatever symbol of hate you want (swastika, tiki torch, pepe the frog, etc) for your forum discussions, but does this SlingshotInfo.com site have to seem like I just stumbled into OANN or a Trump rally? Not all of us are fans of Sedition, racism, overthrowing our democracy, disinformation, are antivaxxers and/or fans of rigging the elections so that you remain in power at the cost of our democracy. I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears of the MAGA hat wearing admins, but why not focus on Slingshot info so that people can enjoy discussing the Polaris
    slingshot even if they do not subscribe to what the confederate flag represents.

I will reiterate what others have said; set this topic to "ignore".

We do have members firmly on the JoePedo train they stay away from here as we know our facts.

...as far as the confederate flag; count your blessings. As a hispanic my life doesn't permit me the luxury of finding things to be offended about so I not only didn't notice, but don't care. I am very happy that your life is so blessed that such a small thing can bother you.

• Here is something else for everyone. You know what will stop the smash and grab robberies? GUNS! After a few of them are shot it will stop. If law enforcement will not stop it then the armed public should take care of it.

Unfortunately the logical end result is businesses leave and take their jobs with them or they just close shop.

I'm not sure if democrats pro criminal approach is brilliant or suicidal.

• I would welcome debating our newly found liberal on the issues at hand. But to come in with your 1st post basically judging everybody

Save your thoughts Uncle BillyBob.

This duescher is fake and just a troll.

He wouldn't know a Slingshot if it ran over his partners di...............!!

:00008356:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Sad - an immigrant is more patriotic than a big percentage of “citizens” born on American soil. He should be the poster boy for immigration done correctly!!

Strangely, although I have made the offer to at least a couple dozen who have expressed their disdain for the country they where born in and have never ventured past it shores, not a single person has taken me up on my offer to pay for them to accompany me to a far off land of my choosing and spend a month with the locals .....

...... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Sad - an immigrant is more patriotic than a big percentage of “citizens” born on American soil. He should be the poster boy for immigration done correctly!!

My wife is a naturalized citizen and her mother also became a naturalized Citizen before she passed away - - I watched both of these people go through the naturalization process, the studying to learn about our history and our political system, and then the incredible pride when taking the oath of citizenship and being declared a U.S. Citizen - - - - I truly think that most of us that were simply born citizens really don't have anything close to the appreciation for what it means as a person who comes here from another country and then actually earns their right to be called an American does.

This is my mother in law outside the Los Angeles Sports Arena after becoming a U.S. Citizen - working up to this moment took a long time and she even failed the test the first time, At her age it was hard for her. Understanding spoken English is one thing, but sitting and reading and studying another countries history in a language you don't use every day is much different, but after failing that first time I watched her sit out in my backyard for hours day after day reading and learning and when she passed the second try - I was so very proud of her and then going down with my wife to watch her get sworn in as a citizen and also my wife some years earlier - - It really gave me a totally different view and a much greater appreciation of what it actually means to those who don't just have it handed to them

• I never miss a chance to plug my brother mytoy being the epitome of the naturalization and citizenship program. Folks like we are discussing now have a true love of this country wanting to assimilate and be productive members of society. Coming here illegally with only the clothes on your back unable to speak English - not so much !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I never miss a chance to plug my brother mytoy being the epitome of the naturalization and citizenship program. Folks like we are discussing now have a true love of this country wanting to assimilate and be productive members of society. Coming here illegally with only the clothes on your back unable to speak English - not so much !!

as a side note, most of the legal immigrants I know are as much or more against illegal immigration than most other people - people who go through the process of coming here legally or trying to bring a family member legally know that illegal immigration uses resources and puts a strain on the entire immigration system and this waste of resources directly impacts the time it takes to come here legally - seriously, my wife as a citizen has a right to petition to have her unmarried brother or sister come here legally - last I heard if my wife actually had any unmarried brothers or sisters (they are all married) this process would take in excess of 20 YEARS!!! - - - that's right, over 20 years to bring a sibling legally to America - yep - the people who come here illegally just make it that much harder for those who want to do it the right way.

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• A couple years ago I went to a bears game at at half time. They swore in like 30 people as US citizens. It was absolutely beautiful. The whole stadium erupted. Not many dry eyes. Me and my wife sponsor a man who's been here for 11 years doing everything right shows up to court pays taxes. He is married with kids. The hoops he has had to go through and the lawyer costs. I could see why people just try to sneak in.

• My wife is a naturalized citizen and her mother also became a naturalized Citizen before she passed away - - I watched both of these people go through the naturalization process, the studying to learn about our history and our political system, and then the incredible pride when taking the oath of citizenship and being declared a U.S. Citizen - - - - I truly think that most of us that were simply born citizens really don't have anything close to the appreciation for what it means as a person who comes here from another country and then actually earns their right to be called an American does.

This is my mother in law outside the Los Angeles Sports Arena after becoming a U.S. Citizen - working up to this moment took a long time and she even failed the test the first time, At her age it was hard for her. Understanding spoken English is one thing, but sitting and reading and studying another countries history in a language you don't use every day is much different, but after failing that first time I watched her sit out in my backyard for hours day after day reading and learning and when she passed the second try - I was so very proud of her and then going down with my wife to watch her get sworn in as a citizen and also my wife some years earlier - - It really gave me a totally different view and a much greater appreciation of what it actually means to those who don't just have it handed to them

I wouldn't fault her failing that first test to age. I work for a company that employees 95% immigrants so naturally my last 18 years there I've worked with dozens of individuals trying to get their citizenship. While looking at the test and trying to help one of the guys that work for me I was blown away by this test. I asked some of the natural born Americans on my crew to take the test. Every one of them, myself included, would have failed that test on the first try. Really opened our eyes to how much we take for granted and probably let go through one ear and out the other back in school.