Gifts from SS friends

• We love you Rob the Slob !!! All of us are praying and pulling for you in this fight!! Know one thing . . . if you need anything, just reach out and we'll be there for you and Luann!!

Keep up the good fight, Brother!! We're all in this, together. A whole bunch of us still want and need you around!!!!:00008040:

• Had to show it. Yes, it's raining here, and I couldn't test it out. But I have the DDMWorks sway bar and mounts installed and ready for Huntsville! Thank you Painter for your generosity and thoughtfulness! Next up, changing my muffler (that has failed) to the one that Painter had (from a 2018 with only 500ish miles on it) to stop the rattles.

• in all the craziness of getting ready for Slingshot Homecoming I forgot to share the most incredible gifts that I just received from Slingshot Garage

that spot on the drivers right by their hip - you know the one it's the cup warmers that came along with the Slingshot - you've only used it a couple of times to keep your coffee warm and to make a quick lunch of ramen noodles .... but what is so freaking awesome is when get a perfect cut insert with the perfect logo on it to match your ride

Got some more SOG emblems that I just may have to share with folks in Huntsville

I also got something for my "I wish" garage wall. It's that wall that I keep wonderful gifts on to remind me of great times with awesome people where I can stare at on a rainy day and say to myself - I wish I was riding with so-and-so right now or ohhhh I wish I would have had pictures of so-and-so doing that. What Mark sent will be treasured for a long time and will be a very special reminder of a very special trip

• I have been on the receiving end of Painter generosity. He heard I was using the stock exhaust and said he had a heat shield he almost threw out. He sent it out the Monday after the Homecoming and I got it Wednesday morning. After a couple of hours of sweating and thanking Jim under my breath I finally got it in and my wife says thank you. She says it helps and that is all I can ask for. Thank you very much Painter.

• Well this was a complete surprise! I received from Slingshot Garage / Mark Brackley, a laminated copy of the newspaper article in the Sundre Round Up newspaper featuring the 2018 Sundre Slingfest. Our own KayTwo was interviewed about his Epic Road Trip from South Carolina, meeting up with Ross in Wisconsin, exharleyrider in Minnesota and myself in Montana for a tour of Glacier National Park and the final leg of the trip out to Sundre, Alberta, Canada. I returned with BryanL of Oregon City, OR. A close examination of the main picture revealed that my lovely bride and I are in it. At least our posteriors are, on each side of the Big Man that is Bu11sh1t / Harvey in the white shirt towards the left . This was our first of what I hope to be many Slingshot rallies. Everyone at this event was chill (OK, almost everyone - you know who you are) and it was well-planned and decidedly non-commercial in it's feel. If you can work this into your schedule, it is a great time with great people and scenery!

Thanks Bro, you're awesome!

Awesome gift from an epic trip!

• I know what you mean about Jim. After seeing the first few slingshots that he painted, I wanted one too. But i quickly learned the true side of Jim and all he does for EVERYONE andf ask for nothing in return. So I decide to not ask him to paint mine - a decision I would soon regret. Until I finally approached Jim to discuss the possibility of him painting mine. He agreed and for one reason or another either it was due to equipment, timing or health, I had to cancel those plans. The on the last attempt, we were able to make it happen and #77 was born. To say that Jim put a LOT of himself into this paint job is an understatement that only a few of us have learned. Thanks again Jim. You truly are one of a kind

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know what you mean about Jim. After seeing the first few slingshots that he painted, I wanted one too. But i quickly learned the true side of Jim and all he does for EVERYONE andf ask for nothing in return. So I decide to not ask him to paint mine - a decision I would soon regret. Until I finally approached Jim to discuss the possibility of him painting mine. He agreed and for one reason or another either it was due to equipment, timing or health, I had to cancel those plans. The on the last attempt, we were able to make it happen and #77 was born. To say that Jim put a LOT of himself into this paint job is an understatement that only a few of us have learned. Thanks again Jim. You truly are one of a kind

He is the master. Love that man.... In a Man way of course. You all just behave..

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I like to Thank Painter for the Valve Covers he gave me for Slingshot Garage Event end of July. The valve covers will be the main prize at the event. THANK YOU.

ALSO. Would like to THANK Goats and Hogs ( Brent and Sharon). For bringing the valve covers to me on Saturday. We have had no rain for two weeks now so I have had no time to be with my grandkids and Saturday I got to spend half a day with them. So when Brent and Sharon showed up with them it was Greatly Appreciated Thank You Slingshot Family

You better frame this I don’t write very much

• You just can't beat the generosity of some people, especially the people on this forum. I have met two such people miles away from home. BryanL who gave me a coil cover for my chrome powder coating attempt, and SlingLow who gifted me one of the very nice Dead President

bells.

Moreover, these two SlingShot brothers have on several occassions took the time to meet with me and the misses when we get in the Portland area. When I'm under some stress due to family ailments and having to come almost 2000 miles to help with them, Bryan and Doug have been real friends and a comfort. I thank this forum for introducing us.

LargeCar

• I too have been the recipient of others' generosity here on the forum. I was given this SOG hat by BryanL before the homecoming meet in Huntsville. He had hats made for the Board of Directors and made only two like this for himself and me. We are the official groupies. I also received this centennial silver dollar from none other than EjFord who gave me his signature 'palm press' and left this memento behind. Thanks guys!

I also turned a steering wheel puller into a side exit exhaust by sending it to Trooper when I was done with it who then gifted me with a cat delete pipe when my Alpha side exit developed a fatal rattle and I thought I would go back to the stock exhaust. BryanL also had the side exit exhaust when he bought and installed the Three's Da Life front fenders and decided to go back to stock so I traded him the cat delete pipe for his side exit which is miraculously still intact and working well on my Sling.

I've got to say that I bought the Slingshot thinking that it would be a way for us to get out and meet new people which gets harder to do the older you get. I had NO idea that I would find this forum and make friends across the entire nation and Canada, many of which I have now met face to face and number among my friends. There are people here that will do anything to help you out or just make your day a little better and I am truly thankful for each and every one of you!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Want to give a shout out to Rob the Slob !!!!.. I needed some new mirror mounts and this man sent them to me no questions asked. Love this forum and its family.

You all rock.

Thanks....

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...