Dash brake light on

• Not sure if anyone has started a thread on this, if so, sorry
    Half way to work today, my dash brake light came on. Lost cruise and have to call dealer today. A lot of you have had this fixed and know about it. New members might be in the dark. Please post what issue you had and the fix. Thanks

You need BOTH brake master cylinder pressure switched changed .........

Make sure they change them both and flush/bleed your system afterwards.

Did my own, its not difficult just frustrating given the tight access so if you have a good dealer let them handle it. Until then when it pops on you can shut it down and restart, should keep it off for a while. Mine would come on when the system warmed up then stay off after a restart for the rest of the day. Others have it come on regularly.

This is what they will need ....

Along with brake fluid and patience .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• called dealer and ordered both sensors, should take about a week. Told him I think it's a loop system and both need to be replaced and he said he has had a couple in for this. He said sometimes bleeding the brakes work and would do all of it when the parts are in

• Also remember, you can ride like this,,but NO CRUISE.. other then that,,dealer warranty item..and your good to go..repair time about 2hrs..sooooo go get something to eat...:)

• Did anyone have this issue with a 2016 (i.e. was it a teething problem or an ongoing problem that Polaris still hasn't fixed)?

Supposedly a bad batch of sensors but it usually does not show up right away.....takes a few thousand miles so we will see.....

• I believe it's an on going issue. I rode mine last year, no problem. Today, going about 70 with the cruise on, bang, looked down and light was on, no cruise. Not sure if it effects the ABS but you can still drive it.

• Fortunate, ride on. Haven't had this issue myself. Might be a little concerned if the brake lights stayed on do to all the looky loo's videoing/taking pics. I've had several about run into me with the brake lights working. Everyone be safe!

• I thought I read a post somewhere on the "other Forum", where a member said the removal and install of the switches went way easier when he removed the two nuts holding the Master Cylinder to the firewall, pulled it off out to clear the firewall and rotated the M/C clockwise enough to get to the switches? Can't confirm this personally, and I haven't found that particular post, but maybe someone with more experience on this issue can confirm or destroy this possibility??

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• And I could be wrong but to do that you have to disconnect the brake lines and was a little messy plus have to rebleed the lines. But many things may just be running together between all the threads I have read.

• I thought I read a post somewhere on the "other Forum", where a member said the removal and install of the switches went way easier when he removed the two nuts holding the Master Cylinder to the firewall, pulled it off out to clear the firewall and rotated the M/C clockwise enough to get to the switches? Can't confirm this personally, and I haven't found that particular post, but maybe someone with more experience on this issue can confirm or destroy this possibility??

Before changing mine I read where someone said that is the way the dealers do it but did not see how it would help much since the lines are so short between the switches and ABS module ...

I just cut a 22mm offset 12 pt. wrench in half, reached in and changed them. Access is tight and its slow going on the one closest to the firewall but I bet I changed them in less time than it would take to unbolt and disconnect the master cylinder. Either way you will need to bleed the system.

wench.jpg

• Before changing mine I read where someone said that is the way the dealers do it but did not see how it would help much since the lines are so short between the switches and ABS module ...
    I just cut a 22mm offset 12 pt. wrench in half, reached in and changed them. Access is tight and its slow going on the one closest to the firewall but I bet I changed them in less time than it would take to unbolt and disconnect the master cylinder. Either way you will need to bleed the system.

wench.jpg

Makes sense @Orangeman!!! Thanks for the tip about the wrench....it would definitely make the task a little easier!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Well it's my turn for the pressure switches. Light showed up yesterday after sitting at an intersection. Restarted went away for about 2 stops then repeated a couple of times more, she's screwed. Didn't someone have a part number for these from Napa?

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!