Mobile 1 Extended

• Is there any reason why we could not use Mobile 1 Extended (15,000 mile) oil?

Synthetics are great inasmuch as they don't break down like conventional oils. Unfortunately they can only suspend so much dirt. Some cab and trucking companies have been known to only change the filters and only swap out the oil every 2nd or third change. It's really cheap insurance for better longevity to change out at least every 5K.

• Exactly. Today's oils are far superior to the old dinosaur oils of yore (with regards to breakdown) but contaminants are your enemy. Change oil often to get rid of that crap. Like @Flybuddy said, "cheap insurance."

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I do not know, but what I do know is I drive the crap out of mine and would not be comfortable with 15,000 mile oil changes. That is why I change mine with Mobile 1 full syn. every 3,000 miles

What he said, to make up for my lack of skills I keep my lowly NA engine in the 5000-6500 RPM zone so i change my oil often(1500-2000) miles.

Not only that but I have changed my angle drive twice and both times had a crapton of shaving in it.

While the lubrication part of the oil might last a long time, dirty oil is bad for your engine, now if you are someone who rarely goes past 4000 RPMs then reaching the recommended intervals might be fine.

@$30 for an engine oil "kit" and $20 for the angle drive takes me 20 minutes or less to do them both.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• You could run the extended life oil. But that would tell me you are planning on going longer in between oil changes. I would just use the regular Mobil 1 and change it every 5000 miles or 6000 miles (if your goal is to stretch the oil change intervals). You just need to keep a check on the the level. These little engines can go thru a half to a full quart of oil every 3000 miles IF you are running the sh1t of of it.

Just keep it full of oil and drive it like you stole it.

• I tell everyone oil is cheap ass insurance dont skimp on it and try and make it last longer. IMO mobile 1 is soso oil now days. If i used mobile 1 I would change it every 3-4k miles if driven hard.

My personal choice of oil is Rotella T6 5w40 Diesel oil. I run it in my NA slings and boosted slings as well as my 700-900HP cars. Rotella T6 works well because it is a diesel oil and had allot more lubricants and zinc. Even with this oil im changing it every couple of thousand miles.

• I use to work at a coal fired power plant that had a crew of equipment mechanics that took care of everything from D-11 caterpillar dozers to lawnmowers and everything in between. They used rotella T 15w-40 oil in everything. So using the T6 synthetic would probably be one of the best choices I have seen yet

• I use to work at a coal fired power plant that had a crew of equipment mechanics that took care of everything from D-11 caterpillar dozers to lawnmowers and everything in between. They used rotella T 15w-40 oil in everything. So using the T6 synthetic would probably be one of the best choices I have seen yet

Any special oil filter?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I believe every filter they used was a fleetguard brand. They bought the oil in the totes and pumped it into smaller containers for use. We had at least 50 pickups, scrapers, panel vans, Mobil cranes, backhoes, front end loaders etc etc and they all got the same oil as the guys swore that rotella T was the best for any engine

• I like Wix also. I believe they make the filters for several other companies also. I have heard that Delo and Rotella was really good oil for just about any engine.

I am a believer that if you change your oil regular and before 3000 miles you "could" probably get away with using generic oil from the corner dollar store..

I use mobil 1 personally. It's just about as inexpensive as most of the oils on the shelf at Walmart.

• I work next to Imperial oil (Esso) oil refinery and I know for a fact that they package oil in many different company labeled bottles. They might have certain recipes for some companies but they all must meet a certain specification or they can't label it and sell it as such.

• True.... how many of the oil brands own their own refineries? It all comes from the same dinosaurs. I use Mobile 1 and change every 5k miles. I agree with Rab that of you change you oil often it probably doesn't matter what brand you use.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I change my oil and rear time religiously every 3K. Sometimes sooner if I am following @rabtech thru the mountains

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!