Windshield and top interference

• or mama starts nagging you about it......as she's passing out :whistling:

• We have a +3 and bought a used Twist Top at SSITS. Big mistake. They don't interfere with each other but it turned the cockpit into an oven!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• We have a +3 and bought a used Twist Top at SSITS. Big mistake. They don't interfere with each other but it turned the cockpit into an

I have the +5 windshield with the twisted dynamics top. It does get very hot inside the cockpit. I installed the Baker Air Wings and the helped, but will be reinstalling my stock ripper windshield for the summer months.

• The MadStad Adjustable windshield does a great job of allowing however much air into the cockpit as you desire. I drilled two more holes at each mount location to allow me to lower the windshield for cooler temps and then remount the windshield using the normal holes for Summer. I have a TD Top.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• We ordered a Bullet Speed V-Back Design Roof top. It should be here buy the end of the month. The Wif likes the idea. Ever since she had chemo a few years ago she has been sensitive to direct sun light.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• If you do not want to smell the fumes, buy electric. I agree 100 % with @airoutlaw

• I have a F4 +7 Windshield and this what I did regarding the heat build up, it helps also with exhaust fumes.

Thank's to @Nemesis1701 and @Bubblehead to give me an idea, this what I came up with. Costs are less then $90.00. Also we just tested it in works great (went 80 Mph) when in open position, you won't believe how much airflow you get, when in closed (Rain, cold weather) the airflow is cut back quiet a bit.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Well it looks like plans changed. I was suppose to get the SS top between the 13 and 20th of July. It will be here tomorrow. My nephews kids were coming over to help clean up a downed willow tree. Not any more. The SS top should be on tomorrow afternoon. Neither kid has ever worked on any thing car related so this should be a new experience for them.

• The top is on. First thing I noticed when the top was delivered was a cardboard pad on top of the crate. The driver removed it before bringing the crate to the end of the trailer. When he got the crate to the end of the trailer I noticed the crate was broken. I looked the top over carefully and did not find anything wrong. No paint chipped or scratched and the canvas top was undamaged. I accepted the delivery. After we unpacked the crate the fun began. The frame was no longer square. We had a heck of a time getting all the holes to line up. With a lot of grunt work and 2 teenagers we got the top on. It looks good and the color match is great.

• @grizz272 it might not have been the top. The SlingShot itself can be off left to right where the top frame mounts to the mirror arm bracket mount.

I know that for the design I did it requires additional parts to help align the top because of this issue.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I made the assumption that with the broken crate and the way the one front arm was bouncing up and down that is what twisted. Considering how much flex the SS has that could be a factor also. Never thought of that though.

• I have a Twist Dynamics Top (Gen 2) and have removed it and reinstalled it several times. Each reinstall requires some wrestling to make everything fit, so I assume there have been minor variations in the Slingshot's frame geometry.

Edited once, last by BKL ().