Windshield and top interference

• We have decided to get a top for the SS. We have a F4 +5 windshield. I seem to remember reading somewhere there were interference problems with the tops frame work. Help me out here. What top had the problems, and how was the windshield trimmed back out of the way?

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• interference noted would be with my design. It tilts forward to allow easy entry and exit. Because the way the top frame swings downward it cannot be used with the F4 plus 5.

Hope that clears things up regarding other top options. Several options noted that would give the protection your looking for while keeping the +5.

• To each his own..... figured I would hate a top, but I be loving it! Rip the canvas off and throw it in an old seat bag and toss behind a seat.... wide open, with all kinds of mounting options for gear and cameras... throw it back on when the sun starts beating you down... cage makes it easier to get in and out of...

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• About those exhaust fumes, smell...

I got those behind a lawn mower at ten years of age. Experienced them on a mini-bike at thirteen years. Came up through the rusted out floorboards of the '53 Chevy 1/2 ton pick-up I was learning to drive at fifteen. My first car, a 1962 Chevy Biscayne, needed oil if it quit smoking. Started inhaling fumes from J-57 Pratt & Whitney engines mounted on the KC-135A at eighteen. The '71 VW Beetle convertible with headers and zoom tube exhaust kicked it in the sand. Knew where I had been on the trails on my Yamaha 400 enduro at twenty. The 1974 Mazda RX-4 with rotary engine was a unique critter. The roads started to flow on my 1976 Yamaha 750 Special with a new smell and was customized before we knew about mods. In 1982, the '76 Glasstron 17' Bass Boat with 1971 Evinrude 115hp outboard was a two stroker. In 1987, got my first whiff of the General Electric F101-GE-102 turbofan engine with afterburner mounted on the B-1 Bomber. In 1990, RC aircraft hobby for a unique smell. 2008 brings the Yamaha Rhino 450 4x4 off-road experience and four stroking. Back on the road 2011 with the purchase of the 2007 Goldwing GL1800 with Hannigan trike kit and aftermarket galore. And now since August 2015, the 2016 Polaris Slingshot and all the mods.

To put it all in perspective...

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you...

The combustion engine!

It should be part of the experience, not a complaint...
    Unless, of course, you are passing out.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I worked for a short while as a gas pump jockey in High School and enjoyed looking at headlights! 8o I also loved to smell the exhaust of the milk truck while it idled as the driver delivered our milk. Loved the smell of leaded gas. :rolleyes: Not so enthusiastic about unleaded. :thumbdown:

• I worked for a short while as a gas pump jockey in High School and enjoyed looking at headlights! 8o I also loved to smell the exhaust of the milk truck while it idled as the driver delivered our milk. Loved the smell of leaded gas. :rolleyes: Not so enthusiastic about unleaded. :thumbdown:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I know this is going to derail the thread (how is that possible - it already is), but I used to work in an auto parts store many years ago. A customer came in looking to buy one of those leather front end protectors. He asked me if I had a bra that would fit his mustang. I asked him why, was his headlights sagging? He didn't get it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I had a 03 GMC Duramax. I installed a turbo temp gauge. The way I did it I drilled a hole in the exhaust manifold with the engine running to blow out the chips from the drill. I am drilling away and I see the back of the drill is wobbling all over the place. My thought process was Wow the drill knows how to dance to music. Something click and I pulled my head out from the wheel well. I set up against the truck and everything was wobbling.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"