New Member Intro - Complete with DRAAAAAAMAAA!

• Avenue Honda Polaris Dealership in Portage la Prairie Manitoba | New & Used Honda, Polaris, Victory, Wells Cargo Trailers, Triton Trailers | Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, UTVs, Power Equipment, Snowmobiles, Cargo Trailers, Utility Trailers | Near Southport MB, Near Winnipeg MB

Now, the Sling I am thinking about isn't listed online for some reason, but it is in their showroom. The location I am referring to is the one in Portage la Prairie. Salesman is Kirk.

And, if you actually call him, let him know Brian Latimer sent you :)

It should make for a great story for the next time I visit, lol.

• Would I have to drive on the left side of the road?
    Just kidding. That's not a bad option. I know there are some differences with the Canadian Slings. Does anyone know what they are other than the headlights? What is the name and location of this dealer MBMedic? Thanks for the info!

Actually, one other difference you would get is a recall that is in the works right now. You would get the lovely seatbelt chime added at no extra cost.... :thumbdown:

Hate we are getting forced into this. First thing I am looking to do is disconnect the wires, and splice them together to turn that crap off.

• The guy that hit me has not responded to his insurance company. Because of my delay in reporting the accident to his insurance, they have until tomorrow to accept (or deny) liability. I have sent them the police report. They will accept. Their adjuster should be out to the dealer on Wednesday, then they determine the cash value. I have no idea how long until they anoint my palm with cash.
    I bought used and expect to buy used again so it could take some time to find my deal. I bought in December for a reason...

Keep eyes open ... there are some good deals around if can get to them in time.

• This one is seriously a good buy its been going down about 200 a week. If your ready and its still available i would be more than happy to help you ship it. I would cost about 1400 bucks to ship from here to you. I could also get your shocks put on as well.

2015 Polaris Slingshot Trike w/ 5000 Miles - MINT Condition - Must See - motorcycles/scooters - by dealer - vehicle automotive sale

• Thanks EJ and Henry. I'm considering contacting a guy in Nebraska that has a 2016 red SL with under 100 miles on it that I considered buying last December. He was at $17,500 then. Shipping was too high and driving from Nebraska to Washington in December was not an option. If I made the deal now, maybe I could hit SSITR on the way back.

Now, how to make this my wife's idea...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Now, how to make this my wife's idea...

from trip adviser:

North Route:
    Day 1 Seattle via 1-90 to Spokane & Missoula.
    Day 2 Early next morning Head to West Yellowstone. Fast route is
    stay on 1-90 to Butte - or slow route is to make the loop from Drummond to Anaconda. Stop in Phillipsburg - at the great candy store. Very scenic drive.
    From Anaconda - to Butte on 1-90 to cut off on 287 south to W. Yellowstone for positioning. Lots of small motels here - but prebook something. If you get an early start that day - you can go into Yellowstone in the early afternoon and drive the norrthern circle of the figure 8 to see Mammoth hot Springs and Canyon - and back to W. Yellowstone for the night.
    Day 3 The next AM - back into the park for the Southern loop. Stop at Old Faithful, West Thumb and outat Fishing Bridge to Cody, Wyoming for over night. If you can allow 2 nites here and a day - visit the excellent 4 museums of the Buffalo Bill Center. Attend the nightly Rodeo. Get tickets for the covered side which is where the horses and bulls come out of the shoots.
    Day 4 & Day 5 - Continue east from Cody to down to Greybull and Worland - then east to Buffalo and on to Devils Tower [see Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind before you go} also a good colony of prairie dogs here. Continue down to Deadwood South Dakota and the Black Hills . near Rapid City- Custer State Park
    see Mt. Rushmore - Hot Springs and the Mastadon Dig.
    (Must get advance reservations - small downs like Keystone, which is my preference - I Staid at the Kelly Inn in Keystone - probably still there
    Day 6 - Turn south to Chadron NE - Museum of the Fur Trade - then follow scenic route on Hwy 20 to Gordon, south on 27 to Ellsworth - turn east on scenic hwy 2 clear across Nebraska to Broken Bow
    (several good motels there)
    Day 7 and on into Grand Island. Great Museum of the Prairie there and then on 1-80 straight into Lincoln.
    Return Route:
    Day 1 - Lincoln on Hwy 6 to Hastings (try one of the Runza Drive-ins for Kraut Runza - kind of a meat pie with kraut and cabbage.
    Stop at Mindon at Harold Warp's Pioneer Village - a museum of museums - fascinating. Allow several hours there.. You can cut up Hwy 10 to i-80 and thru Kearney and overnight in North Platte. This route follows the hostoric Platte River.
    Day 2 - At Ogallala follow scenic Hwy 26 to sites famous on the Oregon Trail. See Chimney Rock. If you have an extra day - take the 24 hours on the trail and go by covered wagon and overnite in on the trail in provided tents near Chimney Rock. Overnight in Scottsbluff and take drive up Scottsbluff National Monument
    Day 3 - Scottsbluff back into Wyoming - to CAsper. There are several routes home from here :
    Day 3 A - from Casper north to Sheridan WY and over night.
    Day 4 A - Sheridan into Montana and stop at Custer Battlefield and Little Big Horn . I-90 through Billings to Bozeman & Butte.
    Day 5A (If you missed Phillipsburg scenic loup - do it now) You can also visit Virginia and Nevada City. Othervise stay on 1-90 and on through Red Lodge up to Missoula again and over night in Missoula.
    Day 6a Missoula south along Hwy 12 and Through Lolo Pass and the beautiful river route to Kooskia, and Orofino into the Nez Perce country, Orofinointo Lewiston ID and cross into Clarkston WA . You can go on into Walla Walla for the night.
    Day 7a - Stop at Whitman Mission, Walla Walla to Seattle via Toppenish (see murals) Yakima and Snoqualmie PAss to Seattle.
    Route B from Casper cuts across wyoming by Independence Rock on Hwy 220 to 26/287 into JAckson, WY. Lots of motels but try to book ahead. - fun to shop here - touristy. JAckson Hole has fantasic 4th of July fireworks show.
    From JAckson - you can spend an extra day here - take a scenic float down the Snake River - drive up into Teton National PArk.
    From JAckson - cross into Idaho at either Rexburg or Idaho Falls.
    If you have extra time - take the loup into Sun Valley and around to Boise. From Boise into Baker Oregon - See the Oregon Trail museum. Continue into Pendleton (great stop at the Wildhorse Museum) Then cross into Washington and home via Yakima & Snoqualmie Pass
    This is a very tight itinerary - if you can - space it out. You will have trouble getting reservations in some of the areas - especially Keystone, W. Yellowstone & Jackson. Don't try for cute. There is so much to see - don't get trapped looking for motels at this late date.enroute. At least book your return from Lincoln before you leave there.

• @SlingLow - we're glad you're here!!! :thumbup:

Ditto Tripoon! Damn auto-co-wrecks

@SlingLow I transferred here full time a month ago. Though I signed up when I first purchased my SS. My excuse for taking so long to become active here was the forum layout early on. I flat out didn't like it and went with the easier one.

I noticed the darkside was getting quiet, and checked here... I was shocked to find the layout improved and it was now user friendly (for the most part) and I ain't 'goin back there other than every blue moon.

Sorry to hear it is totaled, but honestly you didn't want a repaired vehicle. Best to get a new one. Be sure to remove all the mods you can. if you need any missing stock parts, call me. I have a stockpile and willing to send some to further your addiction.

Head up friend!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• ^ Your SS looks like it is raising it's eyebrow in disbelief! :D

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:

• Head up friend!

Never down Joey! I sure appreciate you. I saw your response to my thread over there this morning. 324 views/5 responses, and 3 are from you and Tripod. Go figure. I guess I kind of followed you here. Life is good!

I have now switched my claim from my insurance with a $3k limit on aftermarket parts to the offender's insurance. My insurance was going to allow me to pull parts if I could return them to stock. I will attempt this with the other insurance regardless of settlement amount. I have the stock windshield, steering wheel (you know I love my Momo), exhaust and shocks. I don't have a stock intake to try to keep the CAI. I expect to be paid for anything I don't keep but would like to get paid and keep them if I can. You know they'll try to screw me. Fortunately I'm NOT easy!

• I don't have a stock intake to try to keep the CAI.

I can send that. I'll never go back to it.

Edit: If you have one of them lame CAIs installed I recant my offer. If you have the Hahn or Alpha, offer stands. :D

• Your SS looks like it is raising it's eyebrow in disbelief!

You should have seen me. The cop that took me home said it looked a 'little heated' when they showed up 4 minutes later. I asked, 'What do you mean?' He said when they showed up I had the guy's drivers license in one hand and his shirt collar in the other. All I remember is when they asked me for my license, I looked down and had one in my hand with someone else's picture. I handed it over and explained how he had just given it to me.
    He smelled enough of alcohol that they sequestered him immediately and ignored us until he was processed. It's the 1st time in my life that I was the old sober guy with the cool toy instead of the punk.

• Isn't the SS at your preferred dealer? If I were you, I'd head over and swap out all the usable parts I could. Pretty common practice. Then still claim $3K for aftermarket parts you can't switch out. God knows it only takes a part or two to rack up a $3K SS mod bill.