Head lite

• One of my headlines went out,does anybody know if it takes a bulb or whole lite replacement, center lite? ?(

Just a bulb. If you're still stock, it's a H9 halogen for the center (outsides are H3)...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• One of my headlines went out,does anybody know if it takes a bulb or whole lite replacement, center lite? ?(

given your question I am going to assume you haven't pulled the bulb out to check if it is actually burned out or if it could be a wiring issue.

My slingshot had a bad contact on the plug for the left center light also had a loose wire at the fuse box but that is a different story.

My point is just because the bulb is off doesn't mean that it is a burned out bulb.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• given your question I am going to assume you haven't pulled the bulb out to check if it is actually burned out or if it could be a wiring issue.
    My slingshot had a bad contact on the plug for the left center light also had a loose wire at the fuse box but that is a different story.

My point is just because the bulb is off doesn't mean that it is a burned out bulb.

Good point but I'd still try a new bulb first. Pretty inexpensive - worst case? You now have a spare bulb! :)

@Zeeboo, I'll assume you already know not to touch the new bulb itself with your bare fingers (will create a hot spot & shorten bulb life) ;)

• No I have not looked at it close,it's hard to get to.I checked on a new lite,HOLLY CRAP they are expensive, so I was glad to hear just a bulb.Thank you for the info NEOSOLIDUS.

They are HORRENDOUSLY expensive. If someone like, say, @Ruptured Duck were to develop an attractive lens guard for the center lights, that just might be a big seller... :whistling:

For the outside, @Slingshot Garage Slinglenz will protect the lights...

• I know what you mean TRIPOD when your following somebody close when racing I can't believe how much crappie gets thrown up.Two weeks ago my right headline got hit with a rock and it is 6 feet high.Oh that was in my bobbed deuce and half.Thanks again for your help.

• They are HORRENDOUSLY expensive. If someone like, say, @Ruptured Duck were to develop an attractive lens guard for the center lights, that just might be a big seller... :whistling:
    For the outside, @Slingshot Garage Slinglenz will protect the lights...

Someone had asked me if I was going to do that early on. Attachment was the issue. I don't have a us spec slingshot either. So hard to prototype. The biggest issue I thought was how to open the hood. The lens would block the hood release. Some sort of deflector toward the front might be a better idea.

• No I have not looked at it close,it's hard to get to.I checked on a new lite,HOLLY CRAP they are expensive, so I was glad to hear just a bulb.Thank you for the info NEOSOLIDUS.

If you have the original Hella headights used in the 2015 and some (I think) 2016 Slingshots, Amazon sells a single headlight for around $128. I don't know of a source other than Polaris for the newer style headlights that Polaris used to replace the Hella units. TDS has a DIY thread on replacing the center headlight - [Picture Thread] How to Replace Slingshot Center Light Unit (not bulb) in 5 Steps | Polaris Slingshot Forum.