Recall on swingarm recall?

• Checked with dealer - Polaris says ride after 3 hours setup. Dealer has to clock time finished with double nuts and bike must sit for 3 hours before release to customer. May take 24 hrs for full cure but only 3 to ride.

• So I take the Sling to the dealer to drop it off for the swingarm recall work. They tell me they don't have all the parts and I need to come back next week. :cursing::thumbdown:

Fortunately they are only about 15 minutes away.

Will try again next Tuesday

• Sling at dealer for 2 weeks since bearings failed 500 miles after swing arm recall. Told today that Polaris denied coverage stating "that it is likely bearings failed due to installation of aftermarket tow bar". It's funny how it worked fine for 11000 prior miles on the old swing arm and bearings. I don't tow with it. I originally put the tow bar on there to attach my homemade fender to before I got Corbin bags. I left it on for cosmetic reasons and to act as a bumper in a rear crash. I've appealed to Polaris and will update.

UPDATE: email bounced back and I called Polaris..they approved the warranty work. First time calling and they have a first class customer service department. Short hold time, they take your phone # and give you a secondary case number in case of disconnect and then the agent holds with you while they get the Tech. Empathetic and understanding--renews my faith in Polaris.

• My Slingshot is headed in next Tuesday for the swingarm recall.

I have had zero issues with my swingarm. No noise from the drive belt. No leaks. No bearing issues.

I feel like I am opening Pandora's box - honestly a little uncomfortable and hoping this doesn't introduce new issues to deal with.

I am at the dealer to pick up my Sling after the swing arm recall

Get in to drive away and the traction control and the ABS lights are on.

I go back inside and the guy at the desk says he thought that was the way I had it set with the custom tune. He thought I intentionally shut off traction control with the tune. I said why do that when you have a button you can push.

They took it back to service and are looking at it.

Frustrating as I haven't had any issues etc with mine and hopefully we haven't introduced a gremlin into the equation. Ugh!

Update:
    They just came to me and said they plugged my machine into their computer and "it went nuts".

I reminded them not to flash the computer - he said they might not be able to fix the issue. I reminded him that I had no nanny lights on when I brought it in.

• I had on mine the same issue, my stealer hat the bearing wrong installed in the new swing arm.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• That was the same for me no problems till work was done and I even told them it was gonna happen after arm was changed, and they said and I quote " That's the problem with forums and social media everyone thinks they are mechanics and techs." Talk about eating crow when I returned with ETC and Brake Sensor warning lights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Still no notification from Pllars Britain about the recall, on the recall, of the swinging arm yet. (Grommet stuff).
    :00006725:
    Good to see them keeping their standards up to the normal level.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Will start posting in here since the question comes after just having the recall completed. My base did not have the double axle nut prior to now. When I picked it up yesterday the dealer put marks across both nuts and onto the swingarm. When I arrived home after a 2 hour ride it appears the entire axle has spun with the nuts still locked in place. Should the axle be rotating?

• Will start posting in here since the question comes after just having the recall completed. My base did not have the double axle nut prior to now. When I picked it up yesterday the dealer put marks across both nuts and onto the swingarm. When I arrived home after a 2 hour ride it appears the entire axle has spun with the nuts still locked in place. Should the axle be rotating?

Yes, the axle will rotate, but the nuts should not rotate on the axle. The belt pulley is splinned onto the axle on the one end and the tire/rim bolted to the other.