Recall on swingarm recall?

• I'm amazed, first of all, that Polaris sent out a recalled unit with parts missing & then, further amazed that a dealership wouldn't notice this?! WTF?!

:00008862:

Well .... they did also send out quite a few with the wheel side bearing installed backwards ......

Saw the recall parts assembly crew heading to work the other day .... if I run into them again I'll ask what happened ...

Oh and not to be alarmist .... but if "contaminates" are getting to the sensor .... they are probably also in the bearings ...

Just say'n ..... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So if you are a lucky person who's recall was done on a friday at 5 PM on dec 30th....... does this mean you would get a new Swingarm?

Any concerns with them just coming in and putting new grommets on after it been ridden without them for 6 months ?

I haven't checked mine yet but since my recalls were done by a blind drunk monkey i fear the worst.....

I think you bring up a valid point! If someone has ridden a few thousand miles without those sealing grommets (especially in rain & high dust environments), personally, I would demand another replacement swingarm, or, at minimum, a complete rebuild.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So if you are a lucky person who's recall was done on a friday at 5 PM on dec 30th....... does this mean you would get a new Swingarm?

Any concerns with them just coming in and putting new grommets on after it been ridden without them for 6 months ?

I haven't checked mine yet but since my recalls were done by a blind drunk monkey i fear the worst.....

Did you have your recall done at Springfield, Ohio too? Oh wait, I'm starting to think that is one of the requirements to be a mechanic for the Slingshots. In all seriousness, yes, that's cause for concern if the grommets aren't there. If they reused the old grommets it should be fine. If it is left open without grommets, Polaris is admitting that it could contaminate sensitive parts on the recall document.

Next they'll tell us that it's fine to not use an air cleaner for the engine, and just go ahead and leave the oil cap off too.... that dirt won't hurt anything. (My apologies for the frustrated sarcasm. Isn't anyone accountable anymore?)

• No I was wondering what it looks like with missing from Cywolv

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pretend the rubber isn't there in above pic!

(Sorry Bro, just pickin' on ya'! :D )

Again, THANK YOU for bringing up this topic!!! "Clueless" is definitely not accurate for you!!! :thumbsup:

• So, according to the recall, 8962 affected units (about 1/2 the total swingarms) were sent out missing these grommets. If you were lucky & had a good dealer, then they caught it & transferred over your old grommets. Just a crap shoot...

Bottom line - EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK!!!

• So, according to the recall, 8962 affected units (about 1/2 the total swingarms) were sent out missing these grommets. If you were lucky & had a good dealer, then they caught it & transferred over your old grommets. Just a crap shoot...

Bottom line - EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK!!!

and duck tape my be your new friend.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Damn it!!!

I kid you guys not, my recalls were literally done on friday dec 30th at 5 pm .......

So far they did:
    1-) Left the bolts on the steering column/shaft loose creating steering play.
    2-) Assembled de retaining bolts for the Rack and Pinion backwards(no negative issues other than being "wrong" so far)
    3-) put the belt on backwards and over tightened it and refused to replaced it on their dime as suggested by polaris.
    4-) Failed to take the grommets from the other swingarm.

Blind Drunken Monkeys might be too nice of a name of them.

Now in all seriousness if the recall is just to put the grommets in, what should i expect/demand a new dealer to do.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I would ask for, in order of preference, an entirely new swingarm assembly or at a minimum, a complete rebuild (bearings, etc.). As @Orangeman pointed out, everything in your swingarm has now been contaminated by dirt & moisture...

• So if I read this correctly it looks like this is just the rubber grommets. Without walking outside and looking I wonder if you can smash the grommets in with the swingarm in place?

Looks like there's enough room to do so...

(BUT! If you drove a lot of miles without them, the damage has begun...)