Recall on swingarm recall?

• Lol, we are a bunch of idiots, no I mean they are! They think we are idiots.

The bearing did not get any damage from when it was in backwards, as long as "they" are going to stand behind it then leave it alone. Beware though that this is an angular bearing and is not to be press on the inner race and the only way to remove it is to push on the inner race. An angular bearing should never be pushed on the inner race or it may shorten the life of the bearing. When installing this bearing the outer race is used to press in in place. So based on that it has a one time use. But then, I am just an idiot!

• Damn @mniron - the dealer said they called Polaris and Polaris instructed them to remove and press it back in.

Who has a phone number for Polaris?

I think it is time to call and see if they have a different story than the dealer.

Just frustrating that recall work is causing this much of an issue.

• Just remember these are the same people that should had verified the bearing install from your first trip. It is as easy as removing the wheel and rotor to look at the color of the bearing seal against the snap ring. Or better yet before the swingarm was ever installed. Yours was not the only one this happened to.

• Just remember these are the same people that should had verified the bearing install from your first trip. It is as easy as removing the wheel and rotor to look at the color of the bearing seal against the snap ring. Or better yet before the swingarm was ever installed. Yours was not the only one this happened to.

And they are the same dealer that told @Live-a-Little! That the bearing was installed correctly the last time he was at the dealer. They probably did not even check, and assumed that it was because it was shipped from Polaris as an assembly.

• Spoke with Polaris. First, their personnel were very polite and considerate. We opened a case and it was transferred to the next level of support.

During the conversation, they did say their standard recommendation to the dealer is to simply remove the bearing and flip it over then reinstall. They indicated there shouldn't be any long term affects.

Long conversation, but in the end, they agreed to instruct the dealer to install a brand new bearing.

I am going to have to take the dealers word for it as I won't have any way to verify they actually did put in a new bearing.

The case is noted on the record so if any issues pop up in the future, it is documented.