How much can a Slingshot pull?

• The slingshot is not designed to pull anything. However a small/light motorcycle trailer can be pulled safe. Anything else is just a accident waiting to happen. Some have pulled boats big trailers ect.... The slings weighs 1700lbs a 500 load behind you can cause trouble real quick if you ever had to slam on your brakes or you hydroplane. With only one wheel in the back you're gonna spin out fast.

• The slingshot is not designed to pull anything. However a small/light motorcycle trailer can be pulled safe. Anything else is just a accident waiting to happen. Some have pulled boats big trailers ect.... The slings weighs 1700lbs a 500 load behind you can cause trouble real quick if you ever had to slam on your brakes or you hydroplane. With only one wheel in the back you're gonna spin out fast.

Let me preface by saying I don't know left from right...

But...

There is theory that perhaps towing something with the Sling actually lessens the chance to hydroplane? @jorgebri60 thought this on a trip he took... And it might make sense because you go from 3, to 5 with two at the front and two at the back...?

I agree with not towing anything ridiculously heavy... Can't be good overall for the Sling either!

• I would not pull anything big or heavy but I pulled a small trailer behind my Goldwing for many thousands of miles with no problems. I figure a slingshot with the same trailer should be fine so I tried it down to Maggie valley and back about 1500 miles and had no problems. I plan on pulling the same trailer to the Rockies next month. Like I said if a Goldwing can do it a slingshot with a car engine should be able to.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• Let me preface by saying I don't know left from right...
    But...

There is theory that perhaps towing something with the Sling actually lessens the chance to hydroplane? @jorgebri60 thought this on a trip he took... And it might make sense because you go from 3, to 5 with two at the front and two at the back...?

I agree with not towing anything ridiculously heavy... Can't be good overall for the Sling either!

Hydroplaing does not care how many wheels you have. Hydroplaning is directly related to the psi of the tire' s contact point to the surface. The higher the psi, the better ability to keep the tread in contact with the surface. That's why a really wide tire will lift on top of the water before a narrow tire does.
    The light weight of the rear end of the sling combined with a wide tire is what makes the rear tire kick out quickly when you hit standing water.

• I would not pull anything big or heavy but I pulled a small trailer behind my Goldwing for many thousands of miles with no problems. I figure a slingshot with the same trailer should be fine so I tried it down to Maggie valley and back about 1500 miles and had no problems. I plan on pulling the same trailer to the Rockies next month. Like I said if a Goldwing can do it a slingshot with a car engine should be able to.

Thats what I tell people. If you can safety tow it behind a two wheel motorcycle is ok for the slingshot.

Hydroplaing does not care how many wheels you have. Hydroplaning is directly related to the psi of the tire' s contact point to the surface. The higher the psi, the better ability to keep the tread in contact with the surface. That's why a really wide tire will lift on top of the water before a narrow tire does.The light weight of the rear end of the sling combined with a wide tire is what makes the rear tire kick out quickly when you hit standing water.

I've towed this guy behind My Goldwing for years before the sling and now I've had it on I few trips with the sling.The SS does not even feel it back there and I've had it over 120 (passing of course 8o ). What @MiM was referring too was on my xcountry to Colorado last year I hit some pretty heavy storms and not so much because of the weight, but I'm thinking because it's pulling me back that I never felt that I was even close to Hydroplaning. I'm talking can't see shit out the front kind of storms with heavy water on the road (that was actually the worse part, but another story altogether) but as far as the hydroplaning was concerned, not an issue. I tested it too because of everything I've read about people hydroplaning. The pucker factor was really high at first but as I pressed on I gained more confidence in that it was not going anywhere. I use the wycked hitch though, not one of the swingarm mounted ones. The push/pull effect is on the entire SS, not just the swingarm.

• Just be really careful. I became pretty confident riding in heavy rain over the past two years. That all changed last week when the back end kicked out with out warning at 60 mph when all three wheels floated. Being 90 degrees to the road and about 8 inches from the guard rail changed my mind about riding in the rain.

• Just be really careful. I became pretty confident riding in heavy rain over the past two years. That all changed last week when the back end kicked out with out warning at 60 mph when all three wheels floated. Being 90 degrees to the road and about 8 inches from the guard rail changed my mind about riding in the rain.

Yikes, good to hear you just shit your pants and that was it.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

I know i have said it before but I am a fair weather rider, 20 years of sport bike/dirtbike riding has thought me that there is absolutely no good outcome out of riding in the rain for me, I am one of those that melts(gets sick) if rain hits me, I don't know what it is but my immune system just doesn't like it.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

It does change your attitude a little, it did me!