Fender Vents - Zero Decibel Motorsports

• Working with Craig from Zero Decibel Motorsports on making a different set of fender vents specifically for the Slingshot. Craig sent me printouts of the standard ones that they have been selling to Slingshot owners and a set for a C6 that are much larger.
    He has asked me to give him adjusted measurements to fit the C6 model to the Slingshot. He will also replace the curved vents with angled vents to match the lines of our rides better.
    Does anyone have any interest in a set? If we get multiple sets it will drive the price down. Currently the C6 set is at $100. Will get a one off price when I submit the dimensions to Craig this weekend.

• Working with Craig from Zero Decibel Motorsports on making a different set of fender vents specifically for the Slingshot. Craig sent me printouts of the standard ones that they have been selling to Slingshot owners and a set for a C6 that are much larger.
    He has asked me to give him adjusted measurements to fit the C6 model to the Slingshot. He will also replace the curved vents with angled vents to match the lines of our rides better.
    Does anyone have any interest in a set? If we get multiple sets it will drive the price down. Currently the C6 set is at $100. Will get a one off price when I submit the dimensions to Craig this weekend.

The C6 Vents may have a look one may be looking for sitting on top off the fender but is not very practical for fitment of the subframe. The C6 is to large to fit within the subframe. I believe there is a lot of interest in Fender Vents specifically for the SlingShot. At Maggie I spent some time with @Ruptured Duck of MeanSling discussing fender vents and what modifications to the Zero Decibel vents would work for the SlingShot. @VIPNiSS the vents I used is the Zero Decibel that I got from @gpcustoms in support of monies he raised for the Children of St Jude.

Looking forward to where and what this leads to, thanks @WraithSS

• I am interested in a set of vents, but am not keen on the size of the C6 ones.

I'll be providing new dimension to Craig so they fit on the fender better and the angles match as well.

I'm not sure what @mniron used but his looks great in my opinion.

He uses the standard size which are great, but I'm trying to get a pattern that is specific to the Slingshot.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I already have a set from craig, and love them. My question is with the ones that have them can thry be put over the old ones, what i mean is i have the hole cut out will i be able to add the new size to the all ready cur out vent?

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I already have a set from craig, and love them. My question is with the ones that have them can thry be put over the old ones, what i mean is i have the hole cut out will i be able to add the new size to the all ready cur out vent?

I will be exploring position and size. Odds are they will not match the C6 shape, but that's just for me. Still have to get with my WaterJet guy and see cost.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Yes, the C6 shape will have to change. The angle at the front near the muscle stripe is WAY off. Makes my OCD hurt. Craig will provide a proof before any are made and I'll be the guinea pig for my educated guesses.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Does anyone have any interest in a set? If we get multiple sets it will drive the price down. Currently the C6 set is at $100. Will get a one off price when I submit the dimensions to Craig this weekend.

If they are going to be much different I would have interest.
    I have a set of the standard ones but have not had a chance to install them.
    Sounds like it might make a great wrench day

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• With the bigger vents, the cutting of the supports underneath will this be a problem? Or will you have to cut the supports?

I think it will be very dependent on how much subframe is cut. Cutting completely through a section would not be advised.

• I think it will be very dependent on how much subframe is cut. Cutting completely through a section would not be advised.

I just peeked under mine and it looks like the current vents will go in without cutting the frame.
    @mniron I am still up for the heavy duty pins and spring you teased me about at SSITS - when ready

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think it will be very dependent on how much subframe is cut. Cutting completely through a section would not be advised.

I agree on that, I was just looking at how much bigger the vent is and covers more of the rear side of the fender, which i think it looks good. guess you could just cut your orignal hole a little bigger and put the vent on. I am looking forward to seeing the out come of the bigger vents.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I just peeked under mine and it looks like the current vents will go in without cutting the frame.@mniron I am still up for the heavy duty pins and spring you teased me about at SSITS - when ready

I did notch the subframe when I installed mine;

I will be ordering for the supplies for the Rockies, I will get you set up then!

• Yes, the C6 shape will have to change. The angle at the front near the muscle stripe is WAY off. Makes my OCD hurt. Craig will provide a proof before any are made and I'll be the guinea pig for my educated guesses.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw your template on the hood. The narrow part towards the front was off but if that lines up better, this would be a nice addition to the hood!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM