MeanSling Sport Top Windshield Fitment Guide

• The MeanSling Sport Top is a new approach to adding needed shade during you driving experience. The one and only quick on, quick off design with an easy entry tilt forward feature. Because of this industry first approach there are some limitations in regards to windshield and air wing applications. listed below is a current fitment guide for the top. This information will be added to our wed-site shortly and will be updated as needed.

F4 windshield design were changes after first 6months. New design reduced distortions and removed the top flip and side roll out. The newer designs up to +5 work with our new redesigned +5 MeanSling Sport top. This new top allows for full movement of the sport top with the new F4 design. Please note that the F4 +5 original designs will still not function properly without some trimming.

OE stock Windshields

Blade - Good
    Ripper Low - Good
    Ripper Standard - Good
    Ripper Tall - Good
    Double Bubble - minor touching with standard sport top. Good when used with new F4+5 Sport Top design.

Madstad

Dual - Good
    Single - Good

F4

Stock - Good
    Plus 3 - Good / new design without flip (new sport top design)
    Plus 5 - Good / new design without flip (new sport top design)
    Plus 7- Will not fit / windshield is too tall
    Plus 9 - Will not fit / windshield is too tall

Baker Air Wings

Ripper low - Good
    Ripper Standard - Good
    Ripper Tall - TBD
    Blade Windshield Side Wings - Will not fit.
    Baker MeanSling wings in development.

SlingWings
    Installation with stock Blade W/S - 80-85% adjustment retained.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited 6 times, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• Oh wow... Double bubbles need trimming??? Would not have thought that...

Need to measure my f4 to find out how much extra it has... :/

same here. Just didn't click untill a recent install. @kenny_h want to sell your Double Bubbles for development work?

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Whoa, whoa... I'm supposed to be buying those.... Ironically for this top! Lol...

Waiting on kenny_h... :whistling:

i have images pending me getting home to the second job. I'll see exactly what is needed to make the DB work. My understanding it's the outer corners. Have pics I will post.
    @scootertrash has been the unfortunate soul that's gotten to trim both the DB and the F4 plus3

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• same here. Just didn't click untill a recent install. @kenny_h want to sell your Double Bubbles for development work?

Let me know if you need a set of the double bubbles for testing, we have them on our Slingshot right now. Since we pulled everything else off of it at SSITS, it will be down for a little bit and we can take them off and send them down if you need to borrow a set for a little bit, just let me know.

• Have been working on some alternative mounting positions and latch configurations that will allow other W/S to be used without a total rework of the design. These alternative approaches also could not effect the function of the top.

Here is the current setup allowing an F4+3 windshield to be installed.
    I still have some more ideas to work through and hope to possible even have a solution for the +5 shortly.
    The caveat is the use of the newer F4 designs.

• If the tinted ones are for sale and the person this message was intended for doesn't way them I would like to know price you are looking for them.

RNJ12

@rnj12...... I would also like to add that testing has started on D/B windscreens..... laugh-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @rnj12...... I would also like to add that testing has started on D/B windscreens..... laugh-squared

Laugh cubed, I wasn't looking to step on your toes and if that upset you wasn't meant for that purpose. Just simply meant that if whoever the message was meant for didn't want the dB then I would like a shot at them.

RNJ12

• @rnj12 I think we are all crossed up here.... I was joking with you. Maybe I misunderstood your post then.

What I was saying was that Kenny and I worked out a deal and that those D/B are being used for development work. So no hurt feelings or snide jabs intended at all. The smile cube face was just that just an funny period in my mind. Guess I got it wrong.....
    confused-squaredcry-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• I have mine with double bubble and they hit almost in the center .
    Maybe Im tarded and mounted mine different ?
    I was thinking Id have to cut an inch all the way across ...
    I can send Pics later or in morning