• Howdy y'all. Noob from Benton here. I've rode bikes for 37 years, but just picked up the Slingshot last month.
    We picked up a new 16.5 from Sunrise in Searcy. Currently waiting on a pinion seal to come in as mine has been leaking since the drive home. Still driving(riding?) it though.
    Looking forward to meeting a few of y'all sometime.

• Say it isn't so! There is actually going to be someone else on the forum from central Arkansas. @treefrog, we are in Maumelle. If you need anything from wrenching to riding just say the word.

I saw an orange SS with a top in Palarm (I think that was the place) yesterday. It was sitting at a store when we came through. Whoever it was, may have gotten wet. We were coming back from Conway.

Was it you?

• Thanks for the welcome, y'all. I appreciate it.

There is another Slingshot in Benton, but I haven't met them yet.

Just few and far between around here.

Most people that ask questions about it have never heard nor seen one before. Even the lady at the DMV was looking at me funny.

Of course, then I get the inevitable, "Why?"

• I saw an orange SS with a top in Parham (I think that was the place) yesterday. It was sitting at a store when we came through. Whoever it was, may have gotten wet. We were coming back from Conway.
    Was it you?

No, we were staying dry.
    What is your background, have you come from riding our awesome roads in Arkansas? What color is your Sling? Any mods do e to it yet? What mods do you have in mind?

• Alright, I little about me.....I grew up in the suburbs of Vaden, AR (google it lol). Joined the Army right out of high school. I went in the Army to be a mechanic. I spent 25 years in the military. Got married, had kids, been around the world a time or two with Uncle Sam. Retired and moved to Benton. (my wife is from the LR/Alexander area)

I now teach Power Sports/Equipment at UA-Pulaski Technical College at the South Campus in Alexander.

I've ridden bikes for 37 years. Owned a bunch of bikes in the past. Now I own a red 16.5 SL. It's still stock. It will probably get a top added before next summer gets too hot. Other than that, I'll just ride it for now. Oh, I did add a rear view mirror.

I don't get to ride as much as I would like, but did take a trip up to Maine last year with some friends. I did that on a V-Strom 650. Back in 2012 as a retirement present to myself, I rode out to the Tail of the Dragon on a Buell XT I had. Rode all over the place out there. I would like to take the SS out that way.
    I have not had the chance to ride much of Arkansas yet with it since I just got it. I have ridden motorcycles all over the state though.

That's about it. If you have any questions, just ask. I'll answer if I can.

Once again, thanks for having me.

• Thanks for serving and continuing to teach. I am retired AF 24 years and work on LRAFB.
    One of my favorite bikes I owned was 2000 Buell M2.
    Let's meet up somewhere when you get a chance.

Thank you for your service also.
    I've had three Buells, but haven't owned a tuber yet. They are finicky, but awesome machines.
    We'll have to meet up sometime for sure. It'll give me a chance to pick your brain over your mods.

• Save the date....Slingshots in the Smokes 2018. A slingshot rally the end of May in Maggie Valley....probably be about 400 Slingshots terrorizing the town.
    Polaris Slingshot Roadsters Forums