Totally bummed - Damaged shipment

• I ordered the large Underground Autostyling rear wing and it came with a couple big dings which I am positive happened in shipment. There is one on the underside that damaged the coating and I can live with that one. There is one on top that sticks out like a sore thumb and shows structure damage to the fiberglass as it is exposed or poking out and waving at me.

The piece is an awkward shape to ship and I get that. But bummed I will have to hold off installation. I sent the seller an email with the photos and hope they can help fix or replace this quickly. I am on that hunt to remedy my in cabin exhaust smell and this is a critical component. Thanks for letting me vent.

Underneath ding.

Top ding, everyone wave to the exposed fibers.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• It sure does. I'll comment back on how they make it right. :thumbdown:

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Are you running a stock exhaust or modified and how? Side exit, rear exist high or low?

WP dual out the rear without cat, in combination with F4+5 windshield and Stinger top. Fumes were pretty bad. Added a rear windscreen to reduce airflow from circling back in. In talks with Jeff from WP, he has claimed that the addition of the rear wing and tune will eliminate it all. Hoping he is right. I have the fumes reduced a ton compared to when first installed and I can live with it now, but the wife tends to think it is too much.

I am not fond on the idea of putting the cat back on.

• I watched the UPS driver throw my box on the floor of his truck...my brand new surface pro laptop was in that box on the bottom....lucky for me the hard drive is electronic and not a spinning disc kind...

I take pictures of all my damaged boxes.... Before I open them...ideally you should meet the delivery guy and point out any box damage....these guys are under so much pressure to make fast delivers and the companies don't care because they have insurance....so your stuff gets treated like garbage.

• I take pictures of all my damaged boxes.... Before I open them...ideally you should meet the delivery guy and point out any box damage....these guys are under so much pressure to make fast delivers and the companies don't care because they have insurance....so your stuff gets treated like garbage.

Funny part was the shape of the packing looked fine and nothing stuck out at all. But if I had to make these wings and ship them across the US, I would reconsider the packing technique. It was one laver of bible wrap and one layer of thin cardboard all in the shape of the wing, a big V.

I would double up on the cardboard or use denser cardboard than what was used.

• do people with low rear exit pipes have this fume issue? What about side exit pipes?

Those with the rear exhaust pointing toward the back tire and remaining down low are not complaining about fumes with my combination. But I can't give up the looks of the dual setup now. It just looks right.

• I watched the UPS driver throw my box on the floor of his truck...my brand new surface pro laptop was in that box on the bottom....lucky for me the hard drive is electronic and not a spinning disc kind...

I take pictures of all my damaged boxes.... Before I open them...ideally you should meet the delivery guy and point out any box damage....these guys are under so much pressure to make fast delivers and the companies don't care because they have insurance....so your stuff gets treated like garbage.

Yep! You should see them load a truck with our packages.

• Our office UPS driver once told me that packages are expected to withstand a 3 foot drop onto concrete. he also told me that if people by insurance and pack it themselves the insurance wont cover impact damage, only loss and things like water damage. They figure if it got damaged then it was not properly packed. if you want the insurance to cover impact damage you have to go to the UPS place and pay them to pack it. As a hard core photography hobbyist I used to buy and sell expensive lenses and I took what he said to heart and always paid at the UPS store to have them pack it. I was always impressed that they would use a box much bigger than I would have picked and used a ton of bubble wrap and package peanuts.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• do people with low rear exit pipes have this fume issue? What about side exit pipes?

I used to have the 1320 exhaust on mine a F4 + 7 and the fumes and noise where bad, had just a Welter stealth at SSITS Maggie Valley installed and the sound is amazing plus the fumes are not noticeable anymore.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• They should/ better take care of issue. No matter what shape item should be wrapped/ Protected, especially because there items aren't cheap!! ! I ordered a carbon wing and it could of fallen out of a truck on the highway and not be scratched with how well CS's wrapped it...Im guessing they take out insurance???? ?(

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• They should/ better take care of issue. No matter what shape item should be wrapped/ Protected, especially because there items aren't cheap!! ! I ordered a carbon wing and it could of fallen out of a truck on the highway and not be scratched with how well CS's wrapped it...Im guessing they take out insurance???? ?(

I am confident they will take care of it. How fast is the concern. I sent email over the weekend. No response today. Will call them in the morning since we are on opposite coasts.

• Spoke with the crew at underground Autostyling today. They have given me options to consider. Have it repaired locally for a $50 refund or ship back to them on my dime and they will ensure it is like new and sent back out with appropriate packaging this time.

They were rather apologetic and stated they had a few damaged in the past few weeks shipped via UPS and have rethought their whole packaging concept and made appropriate changes.

Getting some repair/repaint quotes and will decide on a path forward. At this point I am pleased with the service despite the inconvenience.

• Took the wing to an auto body place I trust. They quoted $500 to repair and paint it gloss black to match my SS. The tech at the body shop noted the finish on the wing as sold (black texturized) is not going to hold up well. It is the rubberized texture and any scrapes will knock off the texture, not to mention will be difficult to clean. After realizing it was the rubberized texture and not like the Line-X stuff, I was no longer considering sending the wing back to Underground Autostyling to have them repair it with the same finish.

The body shop tech recommended I strip it down, back fill the dings with super glue and prep it for paint myself to save a ton of $$. That is exactly what I did. Worked like a charm aside for the removal of the texturized coating. That stuff is nasty and it just gums up 120 grit sand paper.

So now I am shopping around for paint quotes to get this to match the SS.