Here we go again..2nd motor gone after alpha supercharger

• Having turbo cars most of my life some things that I always recommend are:
    Always have an AFR, always have upgraded head studs, always check how much knock you have under boost (this is cheap insurance as the cost for these are nothing compared to the repairs).

Under load, what was your AFR readings, 10...11..12 or higher? When under dyno, did you see how much knock you were hitting? Gas makes a difference (on my evo, chevron gave me 2 knocks while mobile 1 was over 7 (dangerous for me).
    15 psi seems way too high for stock motor especially since these aren't designed to handle so much boost. What is our compression on these motors?
    Finally you need a free flowing exhaust with that much boost and power, restrictions like baffles can be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I am no expert but 15 psi is the issue - how it got generated needs to be determined (to much boost, to much back pressure, etc ). If not addressed, you will keep popping stock motors.

I feel you pain and frustration.

• Currently as far as I know @rabtech has the highest amount of boost @17PSI on a forged engine.

To think someone is running almost as much PSI as him on a stock engine with a restrictive exhaust seems risky to me.

Has anyone asked Henry regarding this "stock" unit doing 15 psi , seems like 15 is way out of whack.

A lot of things seems to be weird with this particular setup.

- sensor coming out of its place.
    - way too much PSI for a stock engine.
    - restrictive exhaust on a boosted engine(overboosted to make it worst).
    - "stock" supercharger producing way more boost than it's supposed to.

The reason for " " is because is my understanding that for a supercharged to produce more boost you need to change the pulley, so it is not something that can be done by mistake or is easy to miss.

If I were you I would just disassemble the whole darn thing and do an A to Z check, an experienced mechanic should be able to look at it and figure out what's causing your SC to produce an extra 4PSI, this is A LOT for it to be a mistake or a rounding error.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• The local shop I have it now will rebuild the engine with forged internals. After they are done I will have a boost pressure gauge installed. I do plan on removing the baffle from the 1320 exhaust and maybe even going with another exhaust. The reason why i put the baffle on was due to the loudness of the 1320. I will remove it after it is delivered back to me.