Two Brothers Racing Stainless Steel Cat Back Exhaust System

• Not sure if you're more genius than the rest of the fools on here, or if you're kinda missing out on the fun..... :00008172:

for me its more fun to get it right the first time - I definitely feel I got it right buying my SL, and now I will watch and wait as the impatient people test things fro me. I learned this with my Photography hobby - NEVER buy something the moment it first comes out, let others find the bugs and wait until they are fixed - then buy it. At 63 I want to retire soon. As such I dont want to throw away money being the guy who tests the new things. I may not be the first, but thats okay :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hey there dudley4, could you let me in on your muffler mod? As much as I hate take the 1320 system off, I'd rather have a happy wife.

Who knew...? 2nd cat inside OE muffler I kept the header on and installed an alpha cat delete down pipe ( I was going to remove the cat in the stock down pipe ) If I was to do it all over again I would change a couple cuts on the muffler.

• Frankly I am perfectly happy with the sound of the OEM exhaust. If / when I change it out it will be primarily to improve performance and reduce heat. Looking at it this two brothers system looks like it would get much better air circulation around it which might reduce the heat in the passenger area. Having only owned my SL for less three months I am not going to run out and buy any mods until I have really had some time with the thing and also had time to really look at all options with input from the great people here who have gone before me.

Last thing I want to do is buy some mod only to replace it a short time later

For me the best sounding exhaust is the stock muffler with the cat delete pipe and besides that you get more gas mileage and some horse power. I have the Welter duals now but still like the stock can better with the cat delete

• As far as the need for repacking the WELTER WP Dual - there are several systems with 15000+ miles and they're still withstanding the elements. The reason being we use a reflection muffler which only has steel and it up towards the engine were the hottest temperature and flames Are. The packing is merely used to mellow out some harsh frequencies and The placement towards the rear of the exhaust system is several hundred degrees cooler in temperature in the presence of flames are much less therefore it last over time better.
    Much better!!

Now Baffles - most everybody uses baffles the wrong way to quieten their exhaust system down. The easiest fix in the world is to make the exit too small which kills the horsepower but Will definitely make it quieter. Even Polaris with the stock exhaust has done just that .

The baffles supplied in our exhaust systems added together will flow as much air as the main trunk of the pipe itself therefore there is no reduction in exhaust flow. What the purpose is is if they make the muffler work as in do it's job kind of like a tail pipe does.

@FunCycle The newer systems sound better than last years with the Hotbodies cans. Much quieter also.

• The stock can is just a lower growl. I love my Welter Duals and the way they sound, just so everyone understands. Maybe some misunderstood what I was trying to say.

• I'm going to see how I like it first. If it's too loud I will order the insert.

Well, I just installed the 1320 baffle in their system that I have. It really makes a difference! It's more mellow than without it. It no longer sounds like a winter beater that's missing a muffler. Although it's not as good as the welter system, I have to work with what I have. And until I have the coin for the welter system, I may not even go that route, as of now I'm very happy with the 1320. And more importantly, so is my wife!

• I had a chance to see and hear this exhaust on stock exhaust manifold and completely stock engine, I was quite impressed with the looks and sound of it, nice rumble, yet not too loud. Looks like a pretty good bang for buck option. :thumbup:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

Dunno ... saw this posted elsewhere ....

Looks they are attempting to use a straight slip on connection to mate to the tapered flange intended to use a doughnut gasket .....

Dat not gonna work too good like brudder ...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I did see that area and wondered how that was assembled, the one I saw was brand new and I walked up as he started it up and revved it up a little.
    That picture doesn't look good though!
    I'm gonna share that picture with him.

• Orange man is correct about the fitment. I just installed the two brothers and it doesn't quite fit right had to muscle it on. I finally got it on but there is an exhaust leak. The exhaust itself is nice. Quite loud also but you get use to it. I contacted sling mods about the issue and they gave me the number to mark at two brothers. I contacted mark and he is aware of the problem. He is sending me a slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/49376/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/49378/slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/49379/down pipe that he says will fit with out having to muscle it on. I really like the exhaust and was pleased with the way mark handled the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Took a week but it looks like Two Brothers has discovered they built them wrong .........

Word on the street is is if you purchased one of their exhausts you should contact the selling vendor or Two Brothers (it was suggested they are going to contact you but you know how that goes) and they will send you a new connector ("J") pipe.

Curious to see if they are going to switch to a flanged termination to properly seal on the stock pipe or just make the straight slip connection a larger diameter . .....

• Yes you haven't already been contacted by us, you should be getting contacted today. We did a leave a bunch of voicemails for people yesterday!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• I talked to the guy who installed this exhaust and showed him picture from above.
    He did tell me he had a real hard time bending the tabs out to get it all to fit together, and planned on wrapping it with exhaust tape at the time.
    Still, to me, it sounded pretty good, hope it holds up though.

• I talked to the guy who installed this exhaust and showed him picture from above.
    He did tell me he had a real hard time bending the tabs out to get it all to fit together, and planned on wrapping it with exhaust tape at the time.
    Still, to me, it sounded pretty good, hope it holds up though.

Joe.... please see the two posts above yours .... wink-squared