What mods if any

• First, just so everyone knows, I live in Palm Springs Ca, I love the heat and we have almost no real rain here compared to other places. One of the things that helped push me over the edge (that means it was an excuse my wife would buy) to buy my Slingshot was that my daughter needed a better car. she really couldn't afford one without help and with three of our grandkids in the picture that ment we would help. Well I suddenly had this amazing idea - genus! I thought. Instead of buying a new car for my daughter I would give her my beautiful Impala that would hold all of the kids and then I would buy my Slingshot

It worked, my wife liked the Idea and my Daughter loved my Impala

So now I drive a slingshot - the Impala is gone - although I could use it if needed, and my wife who works nights can ,when it does rain, let me take her car (normally both cars would be both of ours, but with the Slingshot she doesnt drive stick so now we cant sway so easily.

So anyway after that long intro to the question here it is - If you needed your Slingshot to be your daily driver - which mods would you do? which mods dont hurt reliability? which mods can be done without unusual down time?

Please note I am only talking about performance mods that improve performance, not cosmetic mods

So - tomorrow you are gifted with a brand new SL - - - - seriously, what performance mods would you still do if it was your only car/bike/autocycle/ whatever?

Thanks

Oh and as a side note I am in California so some mods might not be legal here (if they ever decide to smog check "motorcycles")

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Daily driver? @Ruptured Ducks, MeanSling, top!

Then... Suspension?

okay, give me more info - what mods can I do that will make a noticeable difference? Yes it is my daily driver, but I love windy mountain roads - HWY 74 and others can put any car to the test - what would you do?

As to tops - I havent decided on that yet - we have only hit 111 here last week and so far I am not sure a top wouldnt cause more problems with reduced air flow when driving than it would fix when stopped - - We will see when its 115 to 117 or higher, that will give me more info to work with

• As soon as the snow is gone from here in Manitoba, The Sling is my only ride, unless it's raining. I stay in it until the snow flies in the fall.

Palm Springs? Yeah, it gets warm there right? A top of some sort should be on your list.

Performance? Cold Air Intake, Exhaust Manifold and New Exhaust system, along with a reflash of the ECU. Short of Turbo or Supercharging, this is the best way to go.

Sling Wings or Baker Wings to pull some air movement into the cabin area. Perhaps windshield. How tall are you? I am 6'4" and just got an F4 +5 windshield. Really wish I put it higher on my "Need" list and not on the "want" list.

Creature Comfort.... Change out the seats, unless you got a Sling with the new version of the seats. They are pretty good. Shocks as well.

Since you've already found the best place on the Web for info. Welcome.

From here on out, your best friend, (and perhaps worst fiend, they keep getting new stuff to sell) http://www.slingmods.com

Welcome to the site.

• Really can't go wrong with a good cold air intake, header and exhaust. But you will want to tune the ECM after the installs.

I'm with you, I don't do a ton of cosmetic only mods. Function is a must for me.

Best of luck, happy modding and may your wallet not cry too hard.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• #1... I say it again #1 should be coil overs. This will make it ride WAY nicer than stock and adjustable lets you go from Cadillac to Corvette quite easily. #2 would be intake and exhaust (turbo or superhcharger optional)... If you go the boost route, I would add big brakes to the list immediately.

Outside of that... just drive the crap out of it and have fun... the more fun you have the more you will spend on rear tires.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• We would recommend the convex mirrors, a cold air intake, DEI Heat Control Kit, maybe some air wings ( to help deflect wind towards you and away from you ) , brake light flasher, LED conversion kt.. That would be a good starter kit. You aren't too far from us ( Simi Valley, Ca ) feel free to message us or call us if you have any questions. Of even walk in if you so wish!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• We would recommend the convex mirrors, a cold air intake, DEI Heat Control Kit, maybe some air wings ( to help deflect wind towards you and away from you ) , brake light flasher, LED conversion kt.. That would be a good starter kit. You aren't too far from us ( Simi Valley, Ca ) feel free to message us or call us if you have any questions. Of even walk in if you so wish!

If I did a walk-in at your place of business, I'd need a water-cooled credit card! :thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

@edwardaneal since they kindly offered just stop by every friday...... you could even catch them by surprise and get a some sweet unannounced local buyer deal.

If you have the chance to stop by the candy store......why not.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• okay, give me more info - what mods can I do that will make a noticeable difference? Yes it is my daily driver, but I love windy mountain roads - HWY 74 and others can put any car to the test - what would you do?
    As to tops - I havent decided on that yet - we have only hit 111 here last week and so far I am not sure a top wouldnt cause more problems with reduced air flow when driving than it would fix when stopped - - We will see when its 115 to 117 or higher, that will give me more info to work with

Your first mods should be he DDM short shifter and the brake master cylinder brace

• Your first mods should be he DDM short shifter and the brake master cylinder brace

okay - I am new - so please tell me what the master cylinder brace is all about and why it is needed?

• okay - I am new - so please tell me what the master cylinder brace is all about and why it is needed?

Polaris Slingshot Master Cylinder Braces

If you click under the Alpha Brace, there is a review done by Sling Mods found there. No review under the DDM one, however, the review would be redundant. You will find out what you need to know from the video.

Basically, It gives you brakes. Right now, you may notice that you need to pump the brakes a couple times to have good stopping power. This will firm them up and they won't feel so mushy.

• okay, give me more info - what mods can I do that will make a noticeable difference? Yes it is my daily driver, but I love windy mountain roads - HWY 74 and others can put any car to the test - what would you do?

Besides the Alpha Supercharger I put on mine... the mod that has made the most difference is the shocks. I'd make that my first purchase again. I have the Bilstein's that I bought from Slingmods. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft has a super deal going on his suspension right now.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Agree, good shocks would be my first purchase if another Sling showed up in my garage.

I have the three way adjustable QA1s.

Road on the highway yesterday for about three hours and on several occasions thought to myself how comfortable I was.

Get adjustable shocks so you can tighten for the twisters or soften for cruising.

• ddm coolant tank replacement, the stock ones crack/leak @ nipple
    • Better horn
    • Dump the pot belly stove stock exhaust for heat reduction
    • Bigger battery (yellow top), for dependability

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Mine is my DD which I drive 160 miles a day.
    Exhaust was first on my list. I Did the cat gut first until I put on the side pipes.
    Madstad 11" windshield helps let air in.
    CAI helps that motor breathe.
    I am sure the suspension is a big comfort but I don't mind the stiffness.
    I am going to get a top soon the sun fries my skin and all these sun bumps are not good.
    I have a round mirror that really helps see if anyone is beside you out of sight of the side mirrors. A must driving in as much traffic as I do.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: