Almost a Slingshot

• My son in law saw this car parked in down town Palm Springs last night and sent me this picture because he thought it looked like my Sling and I must admit it does resemble a Slingshot with a 4 wheel conversion.

Best I can guess is that it is a Lotus 340R, but from what I can find it shouldn't even be street legal in the States - does anyone have any more information on this?

If it is a 340R it has about the same HP as a stock Sling and weighs about 1,500 pounds. only 340 were made and none were imported by Lotus into the States

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• As a side note it looks much harder to get into than a Slingshot ;)

• Looks like an Ariel Atom with a body kit on it

I am not familiar with the Ariel Atom, but the wheels are very clearly Lotus the lotus Logo is very clear

here is a picture I just found on the web of the Lotus 340r - - sure looks like the same car to me, but then again perhaps someone made a kit

• Yup, not a body kit, its a Lotus

Welcome to ArielAtom.com

Street legal "Formula car", or as close to it as we will ever get, unless you're @Slingshot Garage 8)

Heck, to my my little Slingshot is about the closest thing I could ever get to a street legal gokart, And that is coming from a man who's first car in the 70's was a 1964 Porsche 356 - C. I got the thing used for $2,800 and at the time that was not cheep. Like a young dumb kid I sold it later and got a Toyota. Looking back the dumbest car thing I ever did. As I have grown older the cars that really GRAB me have gotten further and further out of reach financially. Something that really could take the curves and give me that air in your face wow - they all seem to cost as much as houses in some parts of the country - Sure if I really wanted one I could do it, But then I found the Sling, it isnt cheep but it is very affordable and the but low to the ground wind in your face is in my opinion un matched by anything that isnt a racing gokart. I live in Palm Springs California. if there is a rare exotic car that people never see. You will see it here - and Whats really funny is like last week when I pulled up to a light on Palm Canyon next to one of the new ford GT's tha guy driving it was looking at me - - Seriously my little Sling gets checked out by people driving cars that cost twice what my house cost -- and I love it

• Heck, to my my little Slingshot is about the closest thing I could ever get to a street legal gokart, And that is coming from a man who's first car in the 70's was a 1964 Porsche 356 - C. I got the thing used for $2,800 and at the time that was not cheep. Like a young dumb kid I sold it later and got a Toyota. Looking back the dumbest car thing I ever did. As I have grown older the cars that really GRAB me have gotten further and further out of reach financially. Something that really could take the curves and give me that air in your face wow - they all seem to cost as much as houses in some parts of the country - Sure if I really wanted one I could do it, But then I found the Sling, it isnt cheep but it is very affordable and the but low to the ground wind in your face is in my opinion un matched by anything that isnt a racing gokart. I live in Palm Springs California. if there is a rare exotic car that people never see. You will see it here - and Whats really funny is like last week when I pulled up to a light on Palm Canyon next to one of the new ford GT's tha guy driving it was looking at me - - Seriously my little Sling gets checked out by people driving cars that cost twice what my house cost -- and I love it

Dude, you haven't lived until you park beside a Lambo, A Ferrari, and a Jag, and they all get out and come check out your Sling. :BLACKSS:

"Dude" I live in Palm Springs California. Every single day I see some of the rarest and most exotic cars on the local roads - And you are right, I love it when I pull up to a light in my Sling next to a car that cost more than my house and the driver is checking me out. I have seen one other Sling in this area, but I dont think it lives here. As far as I know I am the only permeant resident in the Palm Springs area driving a Slingshot. Its kinda of fun when people wave at you and yell that they have seen you before

• @edwardaneal, I met an older gentleman last summer passing through NM (where I live) who also lives in Palm Springs. He's originally Canadian. He drives a titanium gray SS. He was on a "four corners" tour of the US. He is not on any of the forums & didn't seem interested in them. His SS has a roof on it. This guy RIDES! He had close to 50,000 miles on his SS & still had a long ways to go on his trip. Just so you know if you see him around...

Here's a link to where I posted about him (with pics):

What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• That sure looks like a fun little ride! Thanks for sharing.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Yep, thats a Lotus 340R and I BELIEVE its the one from ft lauderdale that was for sale for a while, even on ebay , here,s the link Lotus Evora News, Photos and Buying Information - Autoblog THey say the 340 R was stripped down version of the ELise but I can tell you the Elise was a pretty minimalist vehicle to begin with , i had no problem being a shortass but watching my six ft plus brother in laws struggle to get in mine was hilarious. Here's a pic of my 2009 Elise on my front lawn, I sold it to fund my ss adventures. Why would anyone sell an Elise and go to a Slingshot some ask ? Why the hell not !! Where else can you find anything else for a lot less money that still offers that bat out of hell cornering capability ! While sitting 5 inches off the ground with an enormous power to weight sensation ! Both weigh approx 1750 lbs mt and both have similar stock HP. The stock Elise was slightly more with a 186 hp toyota drive train but mine was 225 supercharged .oh and dont tell anyone but theyre might very well be a wrecked cobalt with the gm factory supercharged LE5 Hovering around my shop just waiting to be kitted as those used 2.4 supercharged units age readily available cheap. But its not going to happen for a few months yet. Im thinking a winter project for my own demo and see where it goes from there.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I would still like to know how they got it street legal

• @edwardaneal, I met an older gentleman last summer passing through NM (where I live) who also lives in Palm Springs. He's originally Canadian. He drives a titanium gray SS. He was on a "four corners" tour of the US. He is not on any of the forums & didn't seem interested in them. His SS has a roof on it. This guy RIDES! He had close to 50,000 miles on his SS & still had a long ways to go on his trip. Just so you know if you see him around...

Here's a link to where I posted about him (with pics):

What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....?

Oh yeah, that's the guy who changed all of his tires around so they are all the same, then carries a spare. Smart man if you ask me. Especially doing the 4 corner run.