Brake Lights and indicator lights not working

• I'm new to the slingshot. Only drove it a few times. I had the dash apart to install handcontrols. They are mechanical, no electronic hookups. I unplugged the tacho/speedo/start button/display/hazard light/floor light switches to remove the dash. After assembly, my brake lights, indicator lights and obviously, hazard lights, don't work. When I turn on the L or R indicators, not even the dash lights (green arrows) light up. Nothing. :cursing:

I tested all the fuses under the hood. They are all working. When I tested the connectors for the hazard lights, I get nothing. I also tested continuity on the hazard rocker switch, only 1 pin (pin 3) gives me continuity in any position. I'm not sure if its the switch or not. I don't have a complete wiring diagram (despite some serious google searching). My dealer is a 3.5 hour drive away. I'm hoping to get on the phone with a mechanic tomorrow. But if anyone has some suggestions I'd love to hear it..... or a wiring diagram.

• Welcome to the forum & sorry to hear this has happened to you. Most often, unfortunately, the last thing done is the problem. Sounds like you need to recheck all of the connections. Perhaps you missed a plug or one of the plugs is not properly seated.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• As far as the lights go, nothing changes if I move past the ON position. I didn't hear anything in the accessory position, should I? I checked the fuses in the battery compartment but they don't have an obvious 'test' post to use a light tester. Is it possible to test these fuses?

• So it turns out the fuse labelled "TS/HORN" also serves the brake lights and indicator lights. Rather than one of the more obvious, "Aux. Lights" "Primary Lights" etc.

I learned an interesting lesson.... don't skim over the most ridiculously labelled fuse. I appreciate the help.

• Alright I have turn signals but no brake lights and no emergency flashers

Took mine in for this exact problem. Was called today and told it was all fixed. New sensor and cleared all hidden codes. They are washing and waxing it tonight and I pick it up in the morning. Hope your dealer does the same.

Sure going to miss my dealership when I move in a month.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Brake sensor

"Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• So brake light is no longer stuck on. Had rear turn signals working but fronts were out and so is hazard lights.

I trouble shot it myself and found the turn signal harness v2 I installed on the front to be the culprit there. Once removed and put back to stock I regained the front turn signals. I called and spoke with slingmods about the harness issue. They said they have had a couple fail. I suspect the inline relay as part of the harness was fried.

For the record, I have no electrical modifications aside from SSV works stereo install. Now that the harness is removed, I am stock electrical sys again.

I still do not have working hazard lights. Calling the dealer to see why they failed to fix these problems and yet released the SS back to me.