Just wanted to introduce myself

• I had been looking at the Slingshot for a long time, but what pushed me over the top was when my wife and I ran into a group of owners up at Idlewild CA. One guy let me sit in it and at the same time his wife was telling my wife how much she would love it. Not only did that momend cement my desire for one, but it also opened my wife to the idea that she might like it too. As far as I could tell at the time all of the three that were there seemed on the outside to be stock, but I hope to run into that group up there some time in the future so I can thank that guy fo being so kind as to let a stranger into his Sling

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I had been looking at the Slingshot for a long time, but what pushed me over the top was when my wife and I ran into a group of owners up at Idlewild CA. One guy let me sit in it and at the same time his wife was telling my wife how much she would love it. Not only did that momend cement my desire for one, but it also opened my wife to the idea that she might like it too. As far as I could tell at the time all of the three that were there seemed on the outside to be stock, but I hope to run into that group up there some time in the future so I can thank that guy fo being so kind as to let a stranger into his Sling

Most of us Slingshot owners have probably done more in the way of 'sales' than
    most of the sales staff at the dealerships....I have let lots of different people ride and/or drive mine....

• Most of us Slingshot owners have probably done more in the way of 'sales' than most of the sales staff at the dealerships....I have let lots of different people ride and/or drive mine....

That's no lie. In fact @EjFord gets more pretty women in his Slingshot than anyone else .... hell he got Karianne to ride shotgun in his last time we saw each other and he didn't even have to try

• just curious. How did you find this forum? We're you referred by anyone?

Actually I dont recall the exact subject, but I believe I was googling 4 wheel conversions for the slingshot and one of the hits was a thread here. after looking around I was impressed with the knowledge here and especially with some of the extreme mods and conversions some people are doing here.

I figured that if there were people here putting V8's and Honda roadster motors in the Sling there is a good chance they will be able to answer any question I might have

As a side note I joined another forum a week or so ago, but they seem to have a big problem with Chinese spam making it hard to dig through the threads

• Welcome @edwardaneal what everyone said. This is one big family when someone has a problem the rest of the family is right there to guide you in the right direction.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Welcome to the family @edwardaneal :thumbsup:

*If you hop in your shiny/new sling right now, you'll have enough time to make Maggie Valley... just sayin' :whistling:

for some dang reason my boss thinks I should be at work tomorrow, but at soon to be 63 it wont be long until my wife and will be able to do such things - - cant wait, thats one of the reasons why now was the right time to get my little red "car"

• Welcome to the forums!

Want to learn all about your Slingshot? Read it here. Want to see everyone's machine, well the builds are posted here as well.

Want to take a 13 hour drive? data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x876a781e5b500651:0x35ac2d00f49752aa!2m2!1d-106.516515!2d39.604225!1m5!1m1!1s0x80db1ad4ffdbe5b3:0xa1e56987c2ed797c!2m2!1d-116.5452921!2d33.8302961?hl=en <-- Just a google Map link for Slingshots in the Rockies

SLINGSHOTS IN THE ROCKIES,July12-16 <-- Just saying, lol. It's pretty close to you

Can't wait to see which Mod bug bites you first, lol.

• yes it is close, and my sister and family live in colorado springs, but we always have to get back to that boss thing where they seem to think you should be at work

I am off June 14 to the 21's is there anything near going on then?

• Welcome! Man Palm Springs gets hot, hot, hot... you may want to consider a top in the future. :D

Enjoy the ride and conversation this vehicle starts up.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Welcome Ed, Another FAST RED to the Fam :thumbsup: ....

Welcome to the Nut House! Sit down, shut up (not really) and hold on... This forum & the people's here are best of the best...

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Welcome to the best, we are glad you are here.

Rode mine a little hard today ... just slowed down as I passed the young man in brown and watch him turn around....pulled over before he caught up to me...
    he made a decision to write a seat belt ticket ($25.00 ---- could have argued that but the speed I was doing that was a slow down and have a nice day notice) also
    pays to be polite....