• Last spring we saw some kittens out back. Tried to feed them but they scattered and then something scared them away. They ended up moving closer to the shop by a retaining wall. Started to feed them scraps and cat food. Since they are feral cats they didn't like humans and would scatter once they saw humans. Except this orange and white one was always the last to scatter. I started to give them more food and around August the orange one would take food out of my hand.

My kids named that one Alexis. Over the span of summer the Alexis trusted me more and more. That's when I found out it was no girl! So I named him Alex! Come fall when it started to get cold I built a little house for them outside and would lure them into the house with food. One day I brought Alex in the shop and closed the door. He freaked out jumping up at the window so I let him out. Few days later I tried it again and he didn't freak out and started to explore.

I got a litter box setup and put him in it and to my surprise he used it a few hours later! Sweet he can now live in the nice warm shop. By now I was handing him daily and he became a very very friendly cat, to the point that he is more like a dog. During the day he is free to roam outside. When I go out and call his name he will sprint out of the woods and come as called!

So daily now when I get the shop in the Am he comes in the office and greets me and I share by bagel with him. He then wonders around hangs out or goes and plays outside with his siblings. I've never been a cat person but always a big dog person. But Alex is just cool since he is like a dog. Even when he is in a vehicle he will just perch out the window like a dog would and not freak out!

He has a brother and two sisters that are still skittish. I twas funny because all winter they froze outside while Alex was in a warm shop. On really cold days I would open the door he would look out feel the cold and be like NOPE im not going out.

His sister had kittens a few weeks ago. Started to handle them so we can give them away in a few more weeks.

Lured mom in the shop with some chips but she boots once you start to get close

• Great story..
    We had 13 feral cats running around here, my neighbor built this huge cat motel with feeders and water supply.
    We catch them and have them fixed to try and keep the population in check.
    Down to 6 right now seems they have become the food of choice for Coyotes!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Great story..
    We had 13 feral cats running around here, my neighbor built this huge cat motel with feeders and water supply.
    We catch them and have them fixed to try and keep the population in check.
    Down to 6 right now seems they have become the food of choice for Coyotes!

I hate feral cats. They're the food of choice for a lot of things, including .22LR, .22WMR, 5.56, 7.62.....

Kudos to you for trying to get them all fixed.