Laminated wiring diagrams

• I wish, I'd love one. Have you seen the wiring diagram in the service manual? After a few attempts to colorize a copy of the SS wiring, I decided it was just easier to keep the service manual in the storage compartment.

Life was so much easier in 1971... Well, at least when it comes to vehicle wiring. My motto; always cut the red wire.

• I did read on the forum that you can now get a digital copy of the manual (I haven't researched this myself). The wiring diagram in the printed manual is printed so small that it's hard to trace a wire from start to finish. I'm guessing that the wiring diagram in the digital manual is also in black and white. So, for it to be useful as a quick reference guide, someone would have to "colorize" it.

• It only has to be colorized once...how much would you pay for a color laminated wiring diagram for your S S..especially if you were having issues or wanted to make changes... The one I bought for the V W paid for itself because someone had the wiring all screwed up it took me several days to get it all right...and it was so nice being able to follow the wires from a color map...you could instantly tell if they were right or wrong...it would have to be colored by hand with markers..or my surface book pro with the colored pen feature...then sized and laminated.

• @STYLN would your fancy new machine be able to make colored wiring schematics? Can you say "hotcakes"? ;)

You know I can try if you would like to get with me on what color each wire should be then I could scan my bible(aka shop manual for the 2015 polaris) at a high resolution and convert it to a vector file which will then allow me to change the path colors(of course with a little more work) to specific colors.

I can try to scan my book this weekend then we will work on colors once its ready.

I like challenges!! wink-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• @STYLN just don't do anything that could get you in legal trouble with Polaris...

Like what, adding colors to their flawed designs.....haven't been in that pot of hot water before!!! Hehehehe tongue-squared

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I ordered the manual on disc..it's on it's way but not here yet....it might be easier for me to get a good copy...or maybe I can send you the diagram file....that program you have sounds pretty neat...

That might really help!!! Then I could make it almost any size with a clear image from a disc. We will have to see!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• DAMN IT!!! Thats exactly what I was going to do while talking to you on the phone!!!

Wolf': "Ok the wire from the headlight needs to be RED because its a hot wire."
    STYLN: "Ok got it!" *clicking purple*
    Wolf: "Ok next the middle wire from the headlight needs to be green because its a ground and has no power."
    STYLN: "Ok green, got it!" *clicking purple*
    STYLN: "This is looking great BTW @WOLF!"

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Well that was fast!!! @jaycanter was kind enough to send me the disc schematic for the wiring and the though is......OMFG THIS IS GOING TO BE TOUGH!!!!

Please let me know how many may be interested in a color schematic before I dive into this because it looks crazily insane on paper! If only 2 people want it then I may just print one for them and color with some color pencils! hahaha

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• @STYLN think of the substrate your going to use and throw a "fifty units" price out. If it's profitable at $15-20, I think you'll get a lot of interest. Post the interest question on the "what I did today" thread with a link to your page or this page. Its seems to be the most watched thread. Beyond $20 I start getting to the, "do I really need it, how often will I use it" thinking. $20 and below falls into the "it would be good to have" thought process. ;)

• I'd sure enough be in for one! I've seen a black and white of this, to color it would be a nightmare of sorts, though would be willing to pay for color and laminate for sure.