Stealth 2.0 Fender Install?

• In Hindsight, I would say that this is a relatively easy install but the direction are worst then any Ikea Ones I've seen! They says to jack up the back and remove the back tire but this can be done without doing that.

The biggest pain in the butt for me was getting the clips in place to put the bottom bolts in as I have a 2017 SLR which removed the bolts (for weight savings) and put the push-pins in their place so you need to reach behind the back panel to put the clips in. They also suggest putting all of the bottom bolts in place with the washer on them, this is an exercise in futility with just one person so put all the bolts in, get the fender in place then remove them one at a time and put the washers on then replace. The other two keep it lined up pretty well. You do have to some some tweaking to get the top mounted but it seems to line up pretty well.

It should also be noted that you remove the old License Plate holder, remove the Reflector Assembly from it and then mount the license plate holder / light to the fender after you install the clips, not sure why they wouldn't install the clips before hand as this isn't optional unless you don't run a plate or relocate it. The confusing part is that you reuse the reflector but at the top of the fender not with the license place.

If anyone has any questions, let me know maybe I can help.

• I spent a long time today trying to get this installed. Can’t get it to work. I got the optional top air foil and that thing is a problem. The two bolts will simply not go in once the recessed torx bolt is tightened. They will not line up. I’m so frustrated I gave up after two hours.

• I spent a long time today trying to get this installed. Can’t get it to work. I got the optional top air foil and that thing is a problem. The two bolts will simply not go in once the recessed torx bolt is tightened. They will not line up. I’m so frustrated I gave up after two hours.

Correct me if I am wrong but you are only supposed to put the 3rd bolt in through the Air Foil, that is the way that I read it. You only put the 3rd / original bolt in alone if you aren't installing the air foil. I don't have the Air Foil Installed on mine Yet / But have one sitting here that will eventually be installed.

• Both the terrible written directions and the great slingmods video show that of the 3 original torx bolts that held the license plate assembly, only the center recessed one gets reinstalled with the air foil. The two remaining side bolts are replaced by long supplied bolts and washers to attach the reflector assembly and fender under the air foil.

Those two bolts will line up and go in only if the original recessed bolt holding the new air foil piece is not tightened. Once it’s tightened the two side holes are out of alignment and the bolts will not find the holes.

I took a dremel and shaved one of the air foil side holes to allow the problem bolt to seat and that worked, but now in trying to attach the fender once again those bolts will not line up. I got one in but the other won’t do anything but cross thread.

After two hours of this I gave up. Will try again today but looks like I am going to have to dremel the fender holes too. If only these mods were as simple to install as the videos show!

• Well tackling it with a fresh start this morning I got it after about 25 minutes. The two side bolts barely line up, but I got them in without cross threading after a lot of moving the fender around this way and that and re-trying to insert. Taking a break, then going back out to tighten everything and finish the LED light and reattached my plate. I'll give that another 2 hours since nothing seems to go right for me :)

• Notes:

-You will remove 3 push pins and install metal clips. They are pretty hard to get on. You are going to want to stick a screwdriver in them and twist it to get a -->little<-- separation on the metal so you can get them on.

-For me, the absolute hardest part was getting the fender and reflector assembly on under the air foil. The holes just did not want to line up. Had to expand one of the holes with a dremel, and even then it was a very long struggle getting the new bolts to enter the holes, with a lot of moving the fender around and trying again. Another pair of hands would have been helpful.

-If you opt for that optional top air foil AND the led light strip, push the plug on the back of the air foil out before installing. You will need this to snake your wire through.

-No matter what I tried with the bolts, the license plate holder is a little bit crooked. I actually had to put some industrial strength velcro on one side under the new fender and on top of the plate holder to get it less crooked.

Your results may vary. I had quite the struggle, but eventually got it done.

• Take your time, look at how it is supposed to go together, and then make your decisions on how to accomplish that task. For me first up were the damned clips... I recommend spreading them out a bit to make putting them on easier. I put the license holder on immediately, then the light, attached the y splitter to the license light and the light, and secured the excess with a zip tie. The next step was to drill out the plug and split it. Once that was done it went on the power feed from the slingshot in anticipation of when it would be run through the fender then slapped the stealth piece on the underside of the slingshot using one bolt. (I was surprised how well that snugged up when I tightened the bolt, and was happy it did!) I then put (after trial and error) one bolt in the back of the machine and slipped the fender onto it. The most frustrating part was getting the bolts to line up with the underside of the fender so they would engage the clips. It takes pressure on the fender to make that happen. Do not forget to put the reflector bracket on there before putting the bolts in. Make sure you have an extension for those #10 head bolts so you can use a ratchet and maintain upward pressure as you tighten them up. If you rely on the clip to pull the bolt in under that stress you will be disappointed. After that just hook up the power for the lights and slap on the license plate. Bang, done.

• Have any of you with the 2.0 Fender ever had the wheel hit the bottom of the License plate?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Have any of you with the 2.0 Fender ever had the wheel hit the bottom of the License plate?

I have the 2.0 fender and No never had the plate hit....I have the stock shocks on, And i do hit some deep pot holes and some of them are Jimmy Hoffa deep here in Jersey..8|

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......