Well it was a perfect long weekend until.....

• As other have said, very sorry for your loss and glad that it was only material possessions. Fire sucks. I was on the local volunteer fire dept for 10 years, and it is just so difficult seeing people's lives upended when something like this happens. Between that, and the accidents (automobile) that happened, I just couldn't stay on any longer. Most of the people I knew personally, it's a small community. I cared enough to want to help those in need.... but it's a double edged sword. I also cared too much to the point that after 10 years, I had to leave. Too much stress, and I had seen enough death to last me a lifetime.

We're a small town also totally volunteer. Them boys got here in about 20 mins. Might seem like a while for city folks. But it was 3 am so really for them to get out of bed get to the station and get here was amazing. And yes I know them all and they know me. Gave them all a big hug after. It's definitely tough tho because you know them. There were tears on both sides.

• Holy Crap Mark.. Glad you're alright... It's just 'stuff man' as long as nobody is hurt, you can always get more stuff. Hang in there buddy. Give a call if you need anything. You know we're all here for you man.

• OK update so we decided we didn't want to out a claim thru on the house. Our deductible is a grand and they will just jack up our insurance to get it back so we decided no. The damage is just the siding and soffit facia. Several of our seasonals are contractors 3 of which do siding and they all came to us and said they will do it for free labor how cool is that. Another lady who volunteers with us went to the home hardware in town to pay for the house wrap. Which isn't cheap. She told him what happened and who it was for and he said here's a whole roll take it use what you need and bring back the rest so we can give it to the next family in need. ;( man I love living in a small town :thumbsup: . 2 other ladies from the church stopped by and said a few people were trying to raise the money for the siding. We usually have a party for our seasonal customers on next weekend they all agreed we should postpone it so they can help us get her fixed back up. Feeling pretty loved right now.
    The vehicles will go thru insurance so that will take a bit to play out. I'll keep ya posted but the house looks like it won't even be a week and it will be good again.

• Mark @Slingshot Garage and Shawna @SundreSlingQueen, OMG just reading this now. Wow I am just glad you guys and the kids are ok. Like everyone else has mentioned items are replaceable, family is not.
    If you guys need anything Jane and I are only a few hours away, you have my number pal give me a shout if you want to chat.
    Take care buddy and give Shawna and the boys a big hug from Jane & I.