Bilge pump fan helps cool the passenger side.

• I was at a car meet a week or so ago and was visiting with a person who had build a Cobra kit. We were talking about air flow, heat etc. He showed me on the Cobra, he had placed a bilge blower fan and ran a hose to the cab. Now, we have all seen @Samowens44 excellent video on cooling assistance, so armed with that and a bilge fan, I went to work.

So where to do you put it, so it draws cool air? Looking at the front, I decided since I don't have Canadian headlights, that it would fit there. Yep, a supercharger for cool air...

I then routed the 1.5 inch sump pump hose from the fan, into the passenger side of the Sling.

Waiting on my switch panel to come in, currently it is wired to the accessory fuse block on the key and runs continuously. Fan has a 3.7 amp draw and moves 130 cfm of air.

Still to come, a wire cover so it don't shoot the bugs onto the passenger through the hose and a cover that can be installed if rain is projected.

If it works well on our Vail trip, then I'll add one to the driver's side.

Let me know what you think!

• Pretty cool! Heh... Literally... :D

Seriously though, with some mesh grill formed to fit the housing, it would be less visible and might give off a good look, plus it's functional for the bugs like you mentioned!

Following...

I'd like a more discrete way to run the hose, but I guess for semi-permanent methods, that's best!

• Great idea! Why chance burning the driver on a long trip like that? Always better to torch the passenger first, so they can always seek a cooler spot, while the driver continues along the way!

(don't hate me, it's a Sunday and I'm bored)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Great idea! Why chance burning the driver on a long trip like that? Always better to torch the passenger first, so they can always seek a cooler spot, while the driver continues along the way!
    (don't hate me, it's a Sunday and I'm bored)

Happy Wife... Happy Life :

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Worthwhile, I know folks that have done this in planes for on the ground air. The bilge blowers put out a lot of air. Years back I had modified a GEM golfcart for street use and it would do close to 60 but it really put a heat strain on a lot of components, especially the controller. Heat sink and a bilge blower took care of it.

• Opening up an old thread here.

Most small General Aviation aircraft use the heat off the exhaust for cabin heat and windshield defrost. Works well for Cessna, Piper and Beachcraft. I can see this as a workable idea for our Slings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• With the SS being an open cockpit I doubt that you would get enough exhaust fumes inside to be a real problem if it were set up right. There are some aftermarket heaters out there that would probably do fine also. It really shouldn't be that hard to install one of them that uses the water from the engine to a small heat exchanger mounted inside somewhere but on the other hand how would the trouble and expense compare to some heated seats and or clothing? Decisions decisions!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868