Fuel bars working, lost mpg and mte

• I've seen this problem with the SC becuase of the injectors and the tune I do believe. It could be your special tune, but doubt that. My friend st thought would be the map sensor

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @JoeF. This is what I came up with. If you toggle thru to MPG then press and hold to reset. Do this at your next fill up and it should relearn. Hope this helps.

Well, I’ll give it a try but I think I may have tried that early on. I checked other day and it shows 18 MTE with full tank so it’s learning really slowwwww...

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• Heh. Somebody else had one of the million problems that I have suffered.

First time, reset on MPG did not work. Gauge cluster replaced, which resets the odometer to 0.

2nd time, reset on MPG did work.

Or, just carry a dip stick to estimate miles to empty. Probably more accurate anyway.

Have fun,

-e

• I have a brand new 2018 SLR LE that the fuel gage has never displayed and the DTE does not work. Thankfully the trip meter does work and that is the only way I know when I need to be looking for gas. Sad sad sad.

Oh and to add insult to injury I have a "Cam Phaser X Not Accurate" fault that comes and goes. Go figure?

It about has me scared to do my SC mod until I can get some of these electrical issues working.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I have a brand new 2018 SLR LE that the fuel gage has never displayed and the DTE does not work. Thankfully the trip meter does work and that is the only way I know when I need to be looking for gas. Sad sad sad.

Oh and to add insult to injury I have a "Cam Phaser X Not Accurate" fault that comes and goes. Go figure?

It about has me scared to do my SC mod until I can get some of these electrical issues working.

Smart move. Polaris will probably try to blame the SC for electrical issues such as the fuel sensor reading and will also want to blame the SC for the Cam reading. :S

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Mine just did the same thing last week. Has anyone figured out the cause? I have not been under the hood in over a month. Just drive it and put gas in it. I've had my tune from Bob for a year and a half with no problems.

• Mine just did the same thing last week. Has anyone figured out the cause? I have not been under the hood in over a month. Just drive it and put gas in it. I've had my tune from Bob for a year and a half with no problems.

Did you try just cycling thru start up a few times?
    Or disconnecting the battery to reset the ECM

Both seem to do the trick for must unexplained errors

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Guys I thought I came back and updated this thread after I fixed my problem with the fuel gauge. Guess not!

Anyway I took the covers off the back to where I could get to the connector for the fuelpump/fuel gauge.

One of the pins inside the connector pushed back out of connector when it was assembled at the factory.

All I had to do was put the pin back in it's place and be sure that it stayed seated while I plugged it together.

All is well and the SC install is well underway!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Sorry I'm just getting around to posting this. My average MPG, and MTE are working now. Disconnecting the battery did not work. I pushed the button to reset the average MPG and it started working normally again. Hope that helps.

• Sorry I'm just getting around to posting this. My average MPG, and MTE are working now. Disconnecting the battery did not work. I pushed the button to reset the average MPG and it started working normally again. Hope that helps.

I don’t think tried that, will this weekend and let all know, thank you!!

• Well, it’s strange, I reset it, now it shows I’m getting 49 mpg with a range of 400 miles when I filled up the tank..... oh well, back to using odometer.