Not my idea of fun!... Septic tank

• well today has gone to shit already. Have to dig up the access ports for the septic tank!
    Damn screen is clogged.

Last time the pump truck almost ran me over. I'll post the story later with pics if I have them. Can prove Shit rolls down hill! 8|

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• well today has gone to shit already. Have to dig up the access ports for the septic tank!
    Damn screen is clogged.

Last time the pump truck almost ran me over. I'll post the story later with pics if I have them. Can prove Shit rolls down hill! 8|

Seems like you just can't catch a break lately. Lost a canard, ECU issues, and now the s#!t is hitting the fan. At least problems always come in threes. Things should start looking up.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Bummer @Ruptured Duck!! No way, No how, is that even close to being considered fun in my book!! Hope they don't rape you on costs!!! We have a septic system as well, and they can be costly at times!!!
    Oh, I popped a Thumbs Down just because it's a shitty deal for you...not to give ya a bad rating!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Seems like you just can't catch a break lately. Lost a canard, ECU issues, and now the s#!t is hitting the fan. At least problems always come in threes. Things should start looking up.

very good point..... Maybe I'll play the Powerball today... 230million would be nice pick me up!

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Damn screen is clogged.

Get one of these
    ............................................... tom n carol

or this

• Bummer @Ruptured Duck!! No way, No how, is that even close to being considered fun in my book!! Hope they don't rape you on costs!!! We have a septic system as well, and they can be costly at times!!!
    Oh, I popped a Thumbs Down just because it's a shitty deal for you...not to give ya a bad rating!!!

nope it is not. I marked the bungs last time I had an issue. Just finished digging the access holes to help reduce my cost. Hell might even pull the screen and clean it myself and just have them pump it. Should not have had to do this just yet. Was only three years ago it was last cleaned. Then again i do have 2 college kids living in the basement apartment. Hate this crap... confused-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Sorry you're having a shitty day @Ruptured Duck.

It's interesting they use screens in your septic tank. We just have baffles here. I used to install septic systems years ago and none of the tanks had screens.

For those that give a crap, here's how they work

• I is a wooden deck - there was one port (inspection port I guess) that was marked and I was told that that is what they needed access to. But it is not the correct point of entry for the pump. - so I just pray it happens the next owner and not me.
    Really won't be hard to get to but will waste a lot of wood and will have to do a lot of by hand digging

Such is Life

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I is a wooden deck - there was one port (inspection port I guess) that was marked and I was told that that is what they needed access to. But it is not the correct point of entry for the pump. - so I just pray it happens the next owner and not me.
    Really won't be hard to get to but will waste a lot of wood and will have to do a lot of by hand digging

Such is Life

ooops.... Man that is gonna suck. Well good news is that it's simple the strainer-screen. About 12 years ago they added the screen under a new code standard. It really is a bad design because the openings in the screen can clog rather quickly with simple small solids. Both tanks look good with the first with a lot of water and not much solid. Second tank is pretty clear so I'm cancelling the pump based off the clean health of the two tanks. I cleaned the main drain line into the tank similar to @Solow method and cleaned the screen. All is good relatively speaking. Going to HomeDepot and get material needed to build an acess manhole with lids. Will do landscaping around them to help hide the ports. This way in about a year I can have them pumped easiely and save some money. Digging the holes suck and mine was set rather deep. 20" at the outlet side and 30" at the inlet.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• That will give new meaning to the age old question of where were you when the shit hit the man?

guys the last time I had a pumper truck at my house it almost killed me.... No shit!

I was standing with the guys pumping the tank when I heard a pitch change in the sound of the suction. Looked up to see the pump truck rolling down the hill straight for us. I had just enough time to warn the other guys as we dove out of the way of the rolling tanker. Ran over the access holes pass us and through a fence and down the second hill in my backyard... Yes the same freaking steep back yard where I slipped under the running lawnmore last year..... The tanker then proceeded to barrel roll three times before landing on its side. Lucky to be alive. Took two days and three trees to extract it from my back yard. Also lucky the tank didn't bust open.

(Slingshot Owners Group)