Check engine flashing code 65615 7

• I was out for a ride and the check engine light came on and the slingshot started to sputter. I pulled over and now it's flashing and the code is

65615 with a 7 underneath.

I did a search but couldn't find anything

Anyone know or seen this code before

Thanks
    Dan

• I don't know, can't give you anything but an opinion. If it were mine, I'd drive it, see if it shows up again in the near future. I (this is me, not saying for everyone) would take it in if it messed up again soon, and I'd drive it. I'd also be ready to reach for the key if it did something weird. Bottom line is, it may have just hiccuped, and you might not see it again. Only if I had a trip planned would I have them check it out. That is unless you are close to a dealer. Worth a check if so.

Just my $.02.

• As @Goats_Hogs says... could have glitched... Electronic throttle, no cables or linkage direct. Sensors and actuators...

If it continues to occur, get it to the dealer.... a failure of the system will probably leave you with a "limp home" mode. (You could probably run home along side it)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• As @Goats_Hogs says... could have glitched... Electronic throttle, no cables or linkage direct. Sensors and actuators...

If it continues to occur, get it to the dealer.... a failure of the system will probably leave you with a "limp home" mode. (You could probably run home along side it)

Thank you for the replies and information

Limp mode happened almost instantly when the light came on but after I let it sit for a few minutes it seemed to run fine even though the light was still on

• I would drive it around and start it a few times and if it was a quirk that made it throw the code it will turn the light back off. It will take a few restarts and driving sessions for the light to go off. Just don't get too far away from home or get into a heavy traffic situation till you confirm it was a glitch and it seems ok.

• Electronic Throttle Control Actuation. Actuation Fault.

I had this once but I'd had the intake off and accidentally left it unplugged and turned on the ignition. I plugged it in, and the code cycled out over a few times driving it. I'd take the plug loose (rear of throttle body) and plug it back in just in case the contact point has corroded. Sorry, that's all I can offer up Mitch.....

• Just checking, do you have a pedalmax/jms box hooked up to your Slingshot? There was just another guy on Facebook that had an issue with this and we had another customer at Maggie Valley with an issue after installation. Just want to make sure a modification is not causing your issue.

Dave