Long Distance Travelling input requested

• On my 2015 with the Alpha CAI and the cat delete pipe I was getting 34 MPG. This was about a 1500 mile average for the whole trip, using math not the computer. 29 MPG before those changes.

• Items you will always find in my Slingshot... even on a short trip

Glove compartment

First Aid Kit
    Sunscreen
    Bug spray
    charging cords.

Passenger storage.. air compressor, plug kit, hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle for bug removal, windscreen cleaner, tool kit, rags.
    Driver storage.. gloves, rain gear for 2, cold weather gear, cap, atlas.

If I have the trailer it only gets better from there!
    Emergency kit with 3 day food/water supply, more weather related gear, more tools, maybe a spare part or two, copper tubing, tape and gorilla tape, jack, tarp.

You will love the Wyked Hitch @RichArlt and crew did a fantastic job with it. Look forward to seeing you in the Rockies @SLLE Canada

Tom

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Does anyone travelling long distances carry a small Gerry can of gas with them ?
    I know its not practical inside the Slingshot, but I will be pulling a trailer and can strap it to the top of the trailer.
    Just wondering if the pro's will out way the cons of doing this ?

• Does anyone travelling long distances carry a small Gerry can of gas with them ?
    I know its not practical inside the Slingshot, but I will be pulling a trailer and can strap it to the top of the trailer.
    Just wondering if the pro's will out way the cons of doing this ?

I have a 1 gallon Gerry can that I carried last year. Years of bikes taught me to err on the side of caution.

However, I learned something last year while riding with the Sling. After 4 hours of riding, a stretch is welcomed. Also, that countdown on the mileage remaining is very accurate. I had a tank start running out while the next town was almost exactly my remaining mileage. So, I thought, why not put it to the test? I have the spare gallon anyway if I fall short.

I made it to the tank without using the spare Gerry can. 8)

This year, I don't think I'll carry it. Just my tools, air pump and spare belt.

• It's NEVER a good idea to run any modern (aka fuel injected) vehicle low on fuel. Since the fuel pump is inside the gas tank, the fuel actually helps keep the pump cool, so running the tank on the last few gallons of fuel will leave the tank no longer submerged in fuel. While it won't be the cause of a pump failure, it will contribute to a shorter life. Plus any boosted vehicle can suffer major damage if the engine is under boost and the fuel draws in air due to fuel sloshing inside the tank. I always monitor the fuel level and mileage and never exceed 150 mile per tank unless it's totally necessary and make sure I ride it like there's an egg under the loud pedal

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• LONG TRIP CHECKLIST this gives some insight

Add the right size tools and know how to remove front spoiler just in case you need a tow truck, removing it you give you the clearance needed to be pulled up a flat bed tow truck. Tell them its a Corvette if you say SS they freak out

hope you never need it but Your insurance agent will not know tow companies or tire shops in your surrounding location so google it on your phone and give this info to your agent they should contact any help closest to you.

I had mine towed on a flatbed tow truck after the motor blew. No need to remove the front spoiler with a couple of well placed boards.