UP AGAINST A WALL!

• I am throwing out an apology here. Please excuse me for starting a thread for this but didn't know what else to do.

As most of you know, I try to 'gift' to supporting Members in repayment for what I've gleaned from this Family in both knowledge and friendship. As of today I have given away around 75 custom valve covers, custom belt guards, coil pack covers and will help any Member at any time. I will continue to do that gladly.
    Being a little "under the weather" a couple of months ago and with Maggie Valley coming up, I've found myself working 16 hours a day and still can't seem to catch up! I was going to do some accents on my own Sling which has been apart for two months and is still sitting in pieces making it impossible to even get my recalls done.

I've had a valve cover done for @av8ingtom for at least a month, boxed, ready to ship and yet it sits because I open the shop thinking about finishing other pieces!!!! (Sorry Tom, but it will be shipped tomorrow as I put in in the driver's seat of the van!)

Everyone waiting on me to finish pieces, they will be done in time for MV and if not sent to you, I will bring them with me and install them for you! So please don't worry too much. @av8ingtom , @KayTwo , @scootertrash .

@adventure4me --- yours Is done and I'm installing all for you my favorite Girl with the "Posse's help!
    I ask all to understand that I am just one man doing the best I can. Never hesitate to ask me if you need something but please be patient until I can get to the end of this tunnel.

• You, sir, need to chill out. And I mean that in the nicest way I know how. No one "expects" anything from you, and we are all aware that what you do, you do from the goodness of your heart and out of a misguided love for this family of miscreants. So you're "behind" on some schedule that only you know and only you care about. Its perfectly ok. Take care of you, Miss Kay and the rest of your kin, keep yourself sane and healthy, and the rest of us will take a backseat to whenever you have time. I look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully in all your good health and none of your stress.

With the utmost respect,
    Jared

• Only "liked it" because you're awesome Jim!

Now here come the posts from those with more words, better words, and probably a full size keyboard... :D

To summarize... Just do what you do and chill! Ease up on yourself because everyone has your back! Know this!

• Sometimes you need to look around and take a breath. Life is too short to not enjoy it. I am quite sure there isn't a single person that won't understand that what you do is an art form and it takes time and to be patient and it will come and will definitely be worth the wait.

• Only "liked it" because you're awesome Jim!

Now here come the posts from those with more words, better words, and probably a full size keyboard... :D

To summarize... Just do what you do and chill! Ease up on yourself because everyone has your back! Know this!

Nope, tapped mine out on Android. You need skills.

• @Painter. No apology needed my brother. Your work is worth waiting for, and I will always be forever thankful for what you have done for me.

Your health is much more important than a valve cover. Hope you are feeling better now, and cannot wait to shake your hand and thank you in person.

See you in a few weeks in Maggie Valley. Thank you so much for all you have done for me.

• Jim, no need to explain yourself to anyone here. The things you do out of the kindness of your heart for fellow slingshot owners is beyond belief. I just wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand and learn just 1% of your talents

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It is awesome to see a guy like you out there literally 'doing' for a group of people who share the same interests as you do.

As always, I love your work. If you need to slow down a bit, I am sure no one would fault you for it so you can catch your breath.

Just keep the pics coming as you complete them :) Looking at these works of art is almost as good as owning one ....... or so I am told, lol.

• Wait a minute.... aren't you retired?! :P

On the serious side of life, you know that no apologies are needed, and you need to take care of you first. I owe you too many hugs for you to get sick or stressed and not be your normal cheerful self at MV.

Not everyone knows how much you do, but we all appreciate your work. Take your time, my friend. We all understand, and almost all of us can be patient. :D

• @Painter You need to take time for yourself. That includes accenting your own ride. Don't be the proverbial mechanic that drives a jalopy. If you can't get others their stuff by MV, I don't think they would mind terribly. They better not have any twinge of upsetness. "Life gets in the way", which it should. Life is what we're here for, not slaving away in a pole barn 16hrs. a day. Get out and enjoy life Jim. The spray gun will be there when you get back. ;)

• @Painter I get it but will just add this advise.

It's ok to sometimes take care of yourself first. Step back and make sure you have a great time leading up to SSITS and get your SS together.
    Do what you can and we all will be more than happy to assist in any installs you still want to bring to MV.
    The gift you have and the fact that you so selflessly grace us with it is truly amazing. Something like that never has a deadline. The fact that you even think to give something like this to us is special all in itself.

It truly is the thought that counts

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thank you all!
    Now to add insult to injury, we had one Hell of a storm last night. Lost all power at 10:41 PM. It is now 9:30 AM and power company can not even estimate when damaged lines can be fixed. Uggh!
    Most of downtown is out and we suck hind tit out here in the country so I don't expect it on anytime soon.
    On here for a few minutes as my phone is also near battery death!
    Ain't life grand!

• Thank you all!
    Now to add insult to injury, we had one Hell of a storm last night. Lost all power at 10:41 PM. It is now 9:30 AM and power company can not even estimate when damaged lines can be fixed. Uggh!
    Most of downtown is out and we suck hind tit out here in the country so I don't expect it on anytime soon.
    Ain't life grand!

That's God's way of agreeing with us & telling you to slow down & take the time to smell the roses Brother... :thumbup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Thank you all!
    Ain't life grand!

Can you borrow a generator from someone in a neighboring area who still has power? I'd bring you one if you were closer... :(

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png