OUR WEEKEND WITH @BU11SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!

• This past weekend, my lovely wife and I were invited up to La Porte, Indiana to share in the celebration of @Bu11sh1t wife 60th Birthday. I'll get into the specifics in just a second...but first, let me say it was magically awesome!!!!!!

A little background is in order. My wife and I met Harvey during Booze and Blues in September of last year and immediately struck up a wonderful friendship. We were blessed, in that we got to meet his wife (along with @Bill Martin and his lovely bride) during Noel's Toy Run in November. Velma, Diana, and Angie struck up a lasting relationship as well as the three of us guys. This friendship was so strong, January or February of this year, Harvey let us know he and his wife were traveling from La Porte to Lake Charles to spend a weekend with Bill and Angie... and he thought it would be "pretty cool" if Velma and I tagged along!!! THAT was an epic weekend!!!! We got to meet @Rob the Slob and his lovely wife, as well!!! I love this place!!!!!!

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago...
    Harvey was planning a surprise party for his wife's 60th. His daughter, Elizabeth, was spear-heading and coordinating all the logistics. Velma and Elizabeth got to talking on the phone and exchanging texts...and someone came up with the bright idea of Velma and I surprising Diana (more so, Velma, not me) for her Birthday. Harvey thought it was a great idea and ran with it!

This past Thursday, Velma and I jumped in the car after work, and headed to Indiana. A few hours of driving in the rain, we arrived in La Porte. We stayed in a wonderful Hotel on one of the MANY lakes in La Porte, out of sight from prying eyes. Small town...people talk!!! We met up with Elizabeth and helped set up for the party. Guess who popped in to help as well?? @EjFord !!!! Loved meeting him and his wife!! Wonderful people!!!

The evening of the surprise party was one to remember. I think the best part was when Harvey's family arrived and he brought his wife into the Private Dining area. His wife was truly surprised to see all the people who turned out for her special day. After all the pleasantries were exchanged, someone suggested we move the gathering to a larger area...at which time, I shouted out..."How about a hug for Velma"!!! Diana turned around and saw Velma and I hiding in a corner and let out a squeal that could have been heard around the world!!!! Kodak moment type stuff!!!!!

Well, after the tears were dried, and all had calmed down, we went to the banquet room downstairs...where there were more people waiting to share in this celebration. Once they yelled "Happy Birthday"...it was ON!!!!!!

That was truly the BEST evening Velma and I have enjoyed in a long time. But wait!!!!! There's more!!!! Due to the @$#^%! weather, we didn't have the opportunity to take our Sling with us. You think that would have been the end of that story...but no!!!!! Guess who got the opportunity to pilot the "ORANGE CRUSH"??? Your's truly!!!!! If you have never seen @Bu11sh1t Slingshot...it is BADASS!!!!! @EjFord showed up and the three of us hit the town!!!! Lake Michigan is a BEAST!!!!!! Kinda' reminded me of driving down to Virginia Beach...only, COLDER!!!!! Was not expecting THAT!!!!!! Thanks to the coat donated by Harvey, I stayed a few degrees above fudge-sickle!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you all for the friendship you have shown. My wife and I consider ourselves very fortunate to have the friends we have...some, a little more special in their own ways. And before someone says "Pics, or it didn't happen",...give me a minute or two to download the pics and I will gladly share them with you all.

Can't wait until Maggie Valley, so we can meet the rest of our Slingshot family...and bring my "Brother from another mother" home with us!!!! :thumbsup:

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

• Family, ain't that the truth. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. That's what all this is about.

THAT is what it is all about. A 14-hour drive to Indiana (in driving rain), an 18-hour drive to Louisiana....!!!!!! @KayTwo and @sideseatdriver...you guys are just 6 hours away. Trust me when I say..."Families stay in touch"!!!!! See you guys real soon!!!! Still missing you all!!!!! :00008040:

• (From Diana) John I can not even begin to tell you how much I appreciate all that you and Velma did to make my birthday weekend special!! When Harvey first bought his Slingshot I was afraid it would be another "toy" in the garage that he didn't have time to play with. For those of you that don't know Bu11sh1t he works harder than any ten people that you will ever know. I am constantly amazed that he can get up every morning and work as hard as he does and then get up the next day do it all over again. He has a very successful roofing business because he has worked very hard at making it successful. Which usually leaves very little time to enjoy life. But when we had grandchildren that started to change and he made time to be with them. And then when he bought his Slingshot and he took some time off to go to a few rallys last year and get his Orange Crush decked out he began to relax on that time away. I am so grateful for this time when he can truely relax. And then as a bonus we got to meet some wonderful people who have become more than friends to us. They are our family now. I have to thank EJ Ford for gently nudging Harvey into buying his Slingshot. And for finding him the elusive Burnt Orange one that he said he would get if they made one. And for making him go out and ride and teaching him how much fun and how relaxing it was. Thanks for decorating at my party EJ. I will make you coffee any time you want!!! And also thanks to Bill and Angie Martin who helped Harvey out in Eureka Springs and Florida to get his bike the way he wanted it to be.You guys are very special to us! And Velma and John..... you driving 16 hours in the pouring rain to help me celebrate my birthday still blows my mind and brings happy tears to my eyes!! I really cannot express how much that means to me. Thanks John for being our party planner/butler/chauffeur/body guard :rolleyes: And Velma thank you for all the hours of preparations and planning with Elizabeth to make my surprise party perfect. And thank you for being there for me!!! I have never been so excited to see anyone in all my life! You are the best!!! We love you guys and our family loves you too. We were honored to have you for the weekend and only wish it would have been longer and yes a little warmer would have been nice! ;) I can't wait for our next adventure with all our family in Maggie Valley!! Love to you all!! :love:<3<3 Oh and by the way V-Shot how come you got to drive the Orange Crush before I did??? X(

• Sorry I missed it. Harvey was my late night buddy at Eureka Springs... we seemed to be the only ones up past 10 watching Vernon at Lite the Nite LED's working on the Orange Crush and the Texas T... wow what a time. Hope to see you in Colorado Harvey!

Tom

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.