JRI Shocks

• Update from TDS by Henry regarding the group buy:

"Just about all shocks are on the way to you guys. Check your email for tracking info from fedex. Just did a install video and hope to get it up later tonight or this weekend. The group buy is still live so if you would like to get in on the deal please give me a call 715-600-2024

have a great weekend!"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Banker laughed at me....apparently it is believed I am spending too much on my Sling..... I'm pretty sure someone had a chat with her..... Guess no more avoiding bumps for the wife's benefit.

She'll come around :evil::evil::evil:

• I even asked Henry if it was necessary to measure the height before and after installation to make height adjustments. He said it was not necessary and thus not necessary to flip the rear shock upside down as I've seen in other installs. I may measure just for the hell of it.

Fed Ex came and dropped off the shocks just as I was leaving for a business trip to Saratoga Springs. So mine are home waiting for me to play.

• Henry said all GT shocks come with Stock height preset, he also recommends to lower your sling at least 1 inch on the front, this helps tremendously especially at highway speeds.

As far as mounting the rear shock backwards so you can adjust it, remember that adjusting the height in the rear means you might have to adjust your belt tension and to be honest who really needs to be changing the riding height constantly?

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Posted today (Friday, 5/5/17) on TDS by @Turbosling...

"Factory just called and I got the OK to run the prices through the weekend!"

So, another chance for group buy prices...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• As shown in the For Sale Section;

Used set of JRi Double Adjustable Shocks in good condition. I will have them in Maggie Valley for pickup with installation available. They are in good working order, can be rebuilt at Alpha in Maggie prior to installation if you so choose. JRi will be onsite. I will work with you on re-build price, they will be as good as new with a substantial savings.

• Installing the JR-I shocks tomorrow. I do not see where anyone has posted the clicker settings they have been using. I am looking for a starting point on the double adjustable or some info. Thanks

Start at full firmness(+) then click softer(-) 30 clicks for front and 35 for rear. This will give you a start setting. Then you can adjust for your driving style. I used to run firmer than that until I installed DDM Sway Bar with an added hole for firmness, since I have set my shocks as stated in the first line.

This is the way I set my shocks but I think I remember that the initial setting should be done from the full softness on the JRi shocks. Maybe someone else could weigh in. @xd675x ?

• Start at full firmness(+) then click softer(-) 30 clicks for front and 35 for rear. This will give you a start setting. Then you can adjust for your driving style. I used to run firmer than that until I installed DDM Sway Bar with an added hole for firmness, since I have set my shocks as stated in the first line.

okay this seems like a good time for me to ask about how the sway bar impacts the ride. I just bought the JRI Grand Touring coil overs and not knowing exactly how all of these things interact I have been wondering if in the future I were to add the DDM sway bar if it would negatively impact the smother ride of the coil overs. Like I said I dont really fully understand how all of these things interact and I would hate it if I were making mods that actually worked against each other.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Installing the JR-I shocks tomorrow. I do not see where anyone has posted the clicker settings they have been using. I am looking for a starting point on the double adjustable or some info. Thanks

Ordered mine last Thursday so hopefully they will be here so I can do the install this weekend :00000441:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies