JRI Shocks

• Here's the link to the thread on TDS for the group buy:

Alpha/JRi Shocks Group Buy Save $$$ | Polaris Slingshot Forum

That's a shame. I love Alpha. They're a Wisconsin company and I'm a Wisconsin guy. But I'm not going to TDS to order. They can post here. They haven't been banned from the site. Members on this site sing the accolades of Alpha products, Henry, and his awesome crew all the time. I have my guess why they rarely post here any more but if I'm right that would be a shame. Just a darn shame that not posting here will lose them a sale and of course continuing not to post here just means no future sales from me either. I've got lots of Alpha stuff and want to add more but it feels like they don't want my or our money. C'est la vie

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• It is night and day difference @BONES.

I call it the poor mans QA1.
    You use QA1 cool overs. Don't do it yourself springs are dangerous. I had the springs painted Ann mounted on my shocks.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @Ruptured Duck has great option for a lot less we just put on @SlingRider s last weekend.

Its a DIY that can be a lot less but with a catch. You can order the QA1 coils from Summit for under $50 each but getting the swapped out is the hard part. I would recommend getting a quoted cost from a shop that has the correct hydraulic spring press. This will insure no damage to the shock paint and the powder coating of the new coils. You will also need to cut your rear cleaves down and drill a new mounting hole to set the rear to the correct height. I didn't add it to the DIY section because of the danger in using the manual spring compressors. I had to find the smallest 2.5" compressor and still modify it to get it to work. Its a scary thing cranking those things down..... JUST GO TO A SHOP!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• I ordered the shocks from Summit Racing. They have a GA warehouse so I had them the next day .... :thumbsup:

The Summit Racing part number is QA1-10HT250

Full disclosure: @Dave@DDMWorks sent me in the correct direction. They had tested the idea early on. If a kit were to be offered it would be the two coils and a new rear cleaves. The instructions would read something like this:
    Step 1: Remove shocks and coils from the front and rear of your SS
    Step 2: Take the new front coils to your local Shop with the correct hydraulic spring compressing equipment
    Step 3: Pay them
    Step 4: Install the new rear cleaves
    Step 5: Reinstall the shocks and springs onto your SS

Enjoy!

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• That's a shame. I love Alpha. They're a Wisconsin company and I'm a Wisconsin guy. But I'm not going to TDS to order. They can post here. They haven't been banned from the site. Members on this site sing the accolades of Alpha products, Henry, and his awesome crew all the time. I have my guess why they rarely post here any more but if I'm right that would be a shame. Just a darn shame that not posting here will lose them a sale and of course continuing not to post here just means no future sales from me either. I've got lots of Alpha stuff and want to add more but it feels like they don't want my or our money. C'est la vie

To each his own. Life's too short.

• Guys, not sure why emotions are running high. Let me give some perspective around this.
    I contacted Henry on the other forum about JRI installs in Maggie Valley and I booked a spot. Conversations took place on this forum about people interested in getting shocks and floated around the idea of a group buy. So, I continued my conversation with Alpha over on the dark side and he agreed to set it up.

• Guys, not sure why emotions are running high. Let me give some perspective around this.
    I contacted Henry on the other forum about JRI installs in Maggie Valley and I booked a spot. Conversations took place on this forum about people interested in getting shocks and floated around the idea of a group buy. So, I continued my conversation with Alpha over on the dark side and he agreed to set it up.

No high emotions here - just disappointed that Alpha doesn't participate here. Every business has to make tough decisions about where to spend resources.

sent from the Bader Badger, FAST red slingshot

• It is night and day difference @BONES.

I call it the poor mans QA1.
    You use QA1 cool overs. Don't do it yourself springs are dangerous. I had the springs painted Ann mounted on my shocks.

I'm sure.. I don't notice anything bothersome now, honestly. If price was Killer I would jump... I rode tricked out HD ridges & never bothered me. I'm gunna look into other companies.

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Vender issues are part of what created this forum. The mods at TDS would scrub posts and delete them if there were any opinion about a product that was negative. The members reviews were second to protecting the vendor.
    Some vendors choose to ignore this forum and have a history of providing deals else where because we post honest reviews of products.
    Seems s dangerous game when this forum has went from nonexistent to over 1000 dedicated members in a year.
    I for one will not give TDS traffic they make profit from through advertising. Instead I hang out with this awesome group of enthusiast and vendors.
    @varanog78

• Well, I was waiting for a sale and if it came from cyclesprings, slingmods or Alpha, to this or the other Forum it's all the same to me. If you want shocks you can just email Henry and not go to the other Forum. I would also say you should voice your displeasure with him not posting here.

• Vender issues is part of what created this forum. The mods at TDS would scrub posts and delete them if there were any opinion about a product that was negative. The members reviews were second to protecting the vendor.
    Some vendors choose to ignore this forum and have a history of providing deals else where because we post honest reviews of products.
    Seems s dangerous game when this forum has went from nonexistent to over 1000 dedicated members in a year.
    I for one will not give TDS traffic they make profit from through advertising. Instead I hang out with this awesome group of enthusiast and vendors.
    @varanog78

how about one of you who refuses to go TDS but is interested in the deal tags Henry and ask him to offer the same group buy here.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I just PM'd Henry on TDS & asked him if he could post the group buy here on our forum. I'll let everyone know if/when he replies...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I just PM'd Henry on TDS & asked him if he could post the group buy here on our forum. I'll let everyone know if/when he replies...

Okay, here's Henry's reply, verbatim:

"Hey larry! Good to hear from you! Im not a forum sponsor on that forum so I can't post up sales. have them email me direct at henry@alphapowersport.comor have them give me a call 715-600-2024 if they would like to get in on the group buy.

take care!"

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Okay, here's Henry's reply, verbatim:
    "Hey larry! Good to hear from you! Im not a forum sponsor on that forum so I can't post up sales. have them email me direct at henry@alphapowersport.comor have them give me a call 715-600-2024 if they would like to get in on the group buy.

take care!"

I kind of thought that might be the case but not knowing the rules of this forum I was not about to go out on that limb.