SSBODYKITS.COM NEW ROOFS FOR MAGGIE VALLEY,,, AND WINDSHIELDS TOO !

• I had posted the roof concept plans for the new roofs we will have done and available for Maggie Valley a couple weeks ago, and since had promised pictures of the finalized plug design. We will now be moving forward to perfecting the rough body work and begin production mold construction this week, as finally the weather has allowed us enough breaks to get in the high speed testing, confirming our desired deck angles etc. I can hardly wait to get finished product available on my demo so you can test drive for yourself. The Sling now sticks to the road like glue with the proper deck angles, not till about 80 mph does the wing (roof) start to go aerodynamically neutral enough to stop producing down thrust, but not enough to start producing lift, as of course this lift would be undesirable at high speeds lol. You can see the four inch bolts through the leading edge which we used to allow raising up of roof above its frame , shimming our way up as we went through all speed realms. Then to confirm our suspicions we got real high tech here ,I found about ten or fifteen pounds of down pressure being applied to my four finger tips when using them as those high tech shims , until such time as we would start exceeding 80 mph at which time the down force pinching my fingers would decrease by about 50% but not continue decreasing significantly as speed continued to increase . Which confirmed our design objectives , the roof must not be aerodynamically capable of generating lift at high speeds nor should it generate too much down thrust , simply lowering the leading edge would create a roof that continued to increase down thrust and consequently increasing drag as speeds picked up. Hence the design criteria of an almost aerodynamically neutral roof (wing), always generating some down force , but decreasing at high speeds so as not to create too much drag.

And this would have all been available to you a few days ago but I Just couldn't leave well enough alone ! the new roof look just begged for an aerodynamically correct windshield, and possibly a fully enclosed one, So I spent a few days plugging up a new windshield mounting base, an arched one, to significantly reduce the equivalent flat plate area. At ww.ssbodykits.com we're all about improving Slingshot aerodynamics by decreasing induced drag, thereby improving efficiencies.
    Another benefit to one arched windshield base is it allows for any height or shape of poly carbonate to be cut, as it doesn't require cast or heat formed corners. Therefore the customer can choose his shape and desired height and we'll cut it for him ! And yes the windshields will be available separate from the need for a roof .
    I could use some suggestions here as to what height above the dash pods to terminate a few different model windshields at ? I just read a todays post where @EjFord @misterz and @speshee were discussing new windshields, any suggestions ?

Also please remember, "rough bondo stage," and ignore those mahogany slabs on dash pods, the black marker lines indicate a small half inch base flange that will rest on the pods and be two sided taped to prevent vibration. And if you look closely that arch did start life as my factory blade windshield using its bottom one inch and mounting flanges.

• Just for your information I am using the stock blade wind screen that has been cut down to about 1/2 inch above the screw (upper) for the center brace where I can look over the wind screen. Instead of looking thru it. On the stock clear shield this is about 3 inches that has been cut off.

• UPDATE, molds in production this week here's some more prototype pics
    FIBREGLASS ROOF, SELF SUPPORTING STEEL STRUCTURES !

Our one piece fibreglass roofs are styled to highlight your O.E.M Slingshot. From the two raised roof sections allowing more helmet room , mimicking your O.E.M. hood scoops , to the rear vertical fin matching your rear tail cone. This roof compliments the styling of your Slingshot body lines !
    And self supporting too ! Only by utilizing a welded steel structure, encompassing a wedge fit, between your existing two roll bar hoops, can only two small 45 degree braces in the cockpit, rolling inward and upward, provide both the vertical and lateral support required. Unobstructed vision, No downtubes required ! Watch our web site http://www.ssbodykits.com for Maggie Valley sale prices later this week .

• Coming Soon, custom height or fully enclosed

Our new arched windshield base is now being molded up from the prototype shown below . The new aerodynamically correct base uses the same mounting holes and flanges as your O.E.M. windshield then extends back over your dash pods giving 10 % more recline and also arches right to left to allow for sweeping that airflow outboard and around the cockpit. With this one custom base, the customer can choose his desired windshield height and we'll cut it to order!
    Garanteed, the calmest cockpit of any windshield of similar height, at any height !
    Consequently, FULLY ENCLOSED windshields are now available , using this base and our new roofs , as a top windshield flange is also currently being molded up for, allowing the windshield to flange into the underside of the new roof. Watch our web site ssbodykits.com for Maggie Valley sale prices later this week .

• @Neosolidus if you can zoom in on photos you will see a three inch channel wedge fitted down onto the inside rails of your existing roll hoops. The 2 inch spreader beam is welded to these and can be raised for guys over 6 ft 2 inch. I deliberately didnt show underside of that prototype ròof as the bracketry is just that.prototype. The productuon versions will come with a plasma cut 3 inch bent channel, that can be press braked at angles to accommodate tapering roll hoops.With a rubber liner to prevent scuffing. By pulling two thru bolts clamping the channels onto hoops the roofs can be removed or installed by simply lifting entire deck straight up .Two 5/8 inch diagonals are welded from bottom of forward face of 3 inch channels inward and upward on approx 45 degree angles to support forward 1 inch beams both laterally and vertically. The entire fibreglass deck rest upon these beams . Actuall photos of entire steel structure will be available next week

• Hey @kev long time listener, first time caller, great topic, love the show.

Just being a smartass - love the work you are doing - not necessarily anything I'm looking at doing but thought I would drop a bug in your ear for a product I have been waiting for and am dying to find.

Something along the lines of a front filler piece. Something smoking hot and sexy to go between the top of the front spoiler and the bottom of the headlights. Match the Polaris colors and make it functional by moving air to the breaks or out of the engine bay to provide better aerodynamic down force. Just a wish of mine I wanted to share with a fabricator. Here's something like what I'm thinking but I'm sure it can be sexier and functional

Just being a smartass - love the work you are doing - not necessarily anything I'm looking at doing but thought I would drop a bug in your ear for a product I have been waiting for and am dying to find.

Something along the lines of a front filler piece. Something smoking hot and sexy to go between the top of the front spoiler and the bottom of the headlights. Match the Polaris colors and make it functional by moving air to the breaks or out of the engine bay to provide better aerodynamic down force. Just a wish of mine I wanted to share with a fabricator. Here's something like what I'm thinking but I'm sure it can be sexier and functional

The first person to make something like that will sell a metric shyte ton of them.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

I like it ... it could still fit over my grill design... I might have to dig deeper in my think tank!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• @irobbi @Ross
    @neosolidus@allin5450 well it would have to wait till after MV but I,d be willing to tool up for one more piece .why only be half broke ! But seriously why not toss around some ideas and come up with a design , I,d rather not copy that custom one from ross ,s pic exactly, I believe it was out of United Emirates somewhere, but is there something similar that would sell ?

• @irobbi @Ross
    @neosolidus@allin5450 well it would have to wait till after MV but I,d be willing to tool up for one more piece .why only be half broke ! But seriously why not toss around some ideas and come up with a design , I,d rather not copy that custom one from ross ,s pic exactly, I believe it was out of United Emirates somewhere, but is there something similar that would sell ?

it is something I would like to purchase. I don't have a design bone in my body and I don't want the one from the photo it is close but with a sexy form will come super function. Sorry I'm not of more help but I will know it when I see it and I'm willing to wait for the right badass fabricator with kicks design

• @irobbi @Ross

That picture shows exactly what the slingshot is missing in the front end(IMNHO) I understand that you might not be able to recreate it for legal reasons but why not do small changes and go with it.

If I were you I would do some initial draws and post here to get an initial reaction and check how many are actually interested and gauge if there would be a market for it, just because two of us want it it doesn't mean everyone else does, personally i don't even care if it is functional or not(redirect air here or there etc) I just want to finish that stupid mustache and make the front look as mean as it was meant to look.

• finished sling.png
    Personally I am not looking to replace front end, I am just looking for a mod to fill in the missing space, by keeping it a somewhat simple mod you can make it so it is not a biggggggggg ticket item(expensive) which in turn will help you to sell a bunch of it.

• :D

Anyway... Here's another idea/example I've shared that will hopefully get the juices flowing Kev... And you're correct about the United Emirates for the 1st picture... :whistling::P

Heh @MiM @'Neosolidus @Kenny_h @funinthesun', this one tagged rwalker302, is more interesting, believe it or not the larger one (after a very time consuming plug development time) can be reproduced and marketed at a much more affordable cost than the U.E. one , as it is a typical one piece mold , open at the back for laminating. Something similar to that is doable if you think there,s a market ? what do you think @Irobbi Could you see yourself purchasing something like that, the round ducts could be functional as directing cooling air in the direction of the brakes etc?