Turbo going lean after 20 mins of driving

• @Cameron Roberts i have pulled and replaced couple times to check harness and the o ring on it. It was locked down that my fat fingers had a hard time pressing the clip and removing at the same time.i have found them on line but the pics show the whole map sensor plastic as mine the nipple is metal. Also remember a post about ddm using a different seal compared to what i have but map sensor is just over a yr old

• @Cameron Roberts i have pulled and replaced couple times to check harness and the o ring on it. It was locked down that my fat fingers had a hard time pressing the clip and removing at the same time.i have found them on line but the pics show the whole map sensor plastic as mine the nipple is metal. Also remember a post about ddm using a different seal compared to what i have but map sensor is just over a yr old

I'm thinking you should try swapping that map for a new one. You've also got a possibility of injectors being clogged.

• @Cameron Roberts gonna try new map sensor for the fact it's yr old but was also thinking maybe injectors also does anyone know brand and part that are used in the Hahn? If injectors wouldn't it show on the plugs which injectors were plugged? What chances of all injectors being plugged? i know the aem gauge is reading all but i would think i would have certain plugs showing lean.

• @Cameron Roberts gonna try new map sensor for the fact it's yr old but was also thinking maybe injectors also does anyone know brand and part that are used in the Hahn? If injectors wouldn't it show on the plugs which injectors were plugged? What chances of all injectors being plugged? i know the aem gauge is reading all but i would think i would have certain plugs showing lean.

Yeah you'll see the plugs looking white if it's lean. Fuel filter blockage? Fuel rail? Lot of crappy options.

• @Cameron Roberts if i remember right someone posted the fuel filter is in the tank and part of the pump. That means i would have to replace pump. Also i have Ddm fuel rail so i wouldn't think it would be that. so being all plugs are lean i bet it's more of an item controlling all. not an injector or 2.

• Well ordered a new map sensor from Ddm had 1 in stock but this afternoon i got a Call from @WOLF and he had a Ddm 2 bar map sensor so picked it up but won't work with the piece that Hahn silicone's on there's after adapting there 2 bar map. So instead of cutting apart a perfectly good map sensor gonna do some comparisons with the 1 i get from Ddm. so here's the pics

And Thanks again @WOLF

• Well ordered a new map sensor from Ddm had 1 in stock but this afternoon i got a Call from @WOLF and he had a Ddm 2 bar map sensor so picked it up but won't work with the piece that Hahn silicone's on there's after adapting there 2 bar map. So instead of cutting apart a perfectly good map sensor gonna do some comparisons with the 1 i get from Ddm. so here's the pics

And Thanks again @WOLF

I just had this same issue ...was driving on the freeway and gave just enough gas to pass and it sputtered, I let off and the engine shut off, I put it back in gear and popped the clutch and it turned back on , but I could not give it hardly any throttle because when I did, it would sputter and almost stall , so I kept the rooms low, and drove the rest of the way home ...did you ever figure out what your issue was? I also have the hahn turbo.

• It was fuel pump sometimes it ran fine other times it would sputter. I add a fuel pressure gauge and found that when it did act up pressure was dropping into the 35 psi range. What strange was that it wasn't all the time. Replaced fuel pump and didn't have any issues last year. Hope that helps

• I have a Hahn Stage 2 Turbo setup. After 10-11,000 miles on the install (around 46-47,000 miles total), I started experiencing bogging under hard acceleration at 4000 rpm. At first I thought it was some bad gas, so I added some Heet gas-line antifreeze, but it continued to occur under hard acceleration. I was afraid it was a problem with the fuel pump and finally located a source for just the fuel pump for around $70, IIRC, instead of the $400+ Polaris wants for the entire assembly. In the meantime, I went thru 3-4 cans of Sea Foam and its Walmart equivalent, adding a full can every other fill-up. The bogging cleared up and I still haven't replaced the fuel pump after an additional 10,000 miles. I assume that there might have been some varnish buildup on the intake filter in the gas tank and the Sea Foam dissolved any varnish that might have been affecting fuel intake. I now add a can of Sea Foam once a month as insurance. Here's a link to my Bad Gas? thread - Bad gas?

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• I got mine replaced under the extended warranty and got to keep the old pump. Everything looked like new. and if the engine was cold it ran fine. It was only after it had been running at temp for a while. Sometimes i would drive it for few hrs it was fine then other times it sputter. When i first installed the gauge it was fine for several days then finally acted up and seen pressure drop when it acted up.

• Any boost (forced air) is cool!

I've had a few turbos in my days..

Only blew one engine, and one headgasket... Both times, my fault.

I got greedy with too much boost (which resulted in not enough fuel) and had too pay for it.

Turbos are cool. No doubt. Won't hate on them.

My Boosted Trackhamr Quadshot project has the DDM Rotrex SC. LOVE IT! Pulls like a tractor right off idle. No lag or power delay. Half the heat of a turbo. 0-60 and 1/4 mi is awesome because the power hits RIGHT NOW!

All that said. How cool would it be to build up my engine and add a turbo to my SC kit. Appears to have room.....

Webby