Slingshade gone?

• How about, just plain bad dealers that do not know anything about their product line they are trying to sell. Then you have this same type of dealer that does not want to service what they sell. These dealers are what is wrong with Polaris and something should be done about them.

• @FunCycle I partly agree with the dealer issue, but coupled with that is the expense expected to be taken on by the dealers from Polaris.

Here we s an example, IMOA, everyone knows we need the brake sensors fixed yet a dealer has to "see and confirm" before ordering parts from Polaris.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I don't know about Polaris pulling the plug, I doubt it will happen. My concerns are with the dealers pulling out. 3 dealers within 80 miles of me are no longer selling them. They said the slingshot was too expensive to sell. Not the price of it, but the cost to sell. Floor space, customers negative remarks, wait for parts. All of them said it's not worth their time

• Are you predicting the end of the slingshot?

Oh, I think Polaris could pull this out of the slide, they have a great vehicle. I think they need to find power dealers like @Noel Hughes that are willing to take the time with their customers. I predict regionalization of these types of dealers who want to be a part of this great community. The others... well they earned second place for a reason.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Think we could easliy assume Polaris has an "all hands on deck" to put out the fires with recalls of vehicles already sent out the door..

So, if everybody is stomping the fires out, then theres nobody (except maybe the lo man on totem poles answering phone calls) working on websites... product fulfillments, future line ups, etc.

Polaris may rename their business as "Titanic" before much longer. Too much bad juju 8|

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• I think apathetic dealers are by far the foremost problem with Slingshots. I have never been back to my dealer after my first service experience who is 50 miles away choosing to have all my work done 1000 miles away at Cycle Springs. I am very fortunate to have the means and the time to afford me this option but I can quite imagine many frustrated owners who do not -are quite frustrated with probably all things Polaris.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Financially speaking, i just looked and their stocks are on a downward trend but still significantly higher than this time 2015. Sales are still significantly higher, than 2015 and in fact their first quarter report for 2017 shows growth during 2015 and 2016 and stability during 2017 first quarter.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• @Bill Martin, your right.. theres no possible way every single service, or every "name that sound" that needed attention would allow us to travel 1000 miles for service 8|

Thats a blessing for you!

• I think apathetic dealers are by far the foremost problem with Slingshots. I have never been back to my dealer after my first service experience who is 50 miles away choosing to have all my work done 1000 miles away at Cycle Springs. I am very fortunate to have the means and the time to afford me this option but I can quite imagine many frustrated owners who do not -are quite frustrated with probably all things Polaris.

This is true insanity.

• @Bill Martin, your right.. theres no possible way every single service, or every "name that sound" that needed attention would allow us to travel 1000 miles for service 8|

Thats a blessing for you!

You are correct - I have been super fortunate and have never had a single problem with my Sling except for the brake sensor which I happened to be at Cycle Springs at the time it crapped out (some of us lead charmed lives :saint: ) and Fernando repaired immediately. Had I experienced a lot of what I read here on this forum and on TDS without a trusted dealer within a couple hours I may not be here writing this today. I think it is safe to say the dealer can make or break the success of the SS - only time will tell.

PS After $535 for first oil change I bought a service manual and do all my own maintenance - sad when I trust myself more than my dealer mechanically

• Like I said, dealers pay a lot of money to sell these things. The dealers in my area have great customer service and a lot of repeat customers. They don't pay $1000 or $5000,... they have to put up $25,000 to $35,000 just to sell them. Once Polaris gets their money, they shit on the dealership and doesn't give them any info or tech support. I can't blame dealerships for not wanting to sell or provide tech service for them. The floor space alone is a lot of money. Only the dealers that are forward thinkers and go out of their way will survive.

• @FunCycle I partly agree with the dealer issue, but coupled with that is the expense expected to be taken on by the dealers from Polaris.

Here we s an example, IMOA, everyone knows we need the brake sensors fixed yet a dealer has to "see and confirm" before ordering parts from Polaris.

Yes I agree with you on that one, that there is a lot that Polaris could do better for their dealers

• Speaking from experience large corporations tend toward focus on where they are hemorrhaging money. I suspect that the Slingshot brand could very well be suffering from the troubled Rzr brand - no facts to base this on - just an educated guess :)