Slingshade gone?

• @Cameron Roberts they actually shipped you the roll bars? Did you take possession or tell the dealer to hold onto them until the top shows up? That is BS if they try to stick you with the roll bars with no roof.

No I've left the roll hoops at the dealer. Figured there's no point in taking possession of them without the top. The roll hoops came in back in February. Last I heard the top itself still says invalid part number when the dealer tries to order.

• I wanted to add the purchase of the Slingshade when I bought my SLR and the Dealer said he would check and see if that could be done.

He came back and basically said that they could not do that because they had no idea when it was going to be available and didn't want to deal with the extra money I and my lender had with them.

I said your website says "Available April 2017" He just looked and said the same thing.

I had a feeling then that there was some engineering factor involved with it and told myself...maybe one day?

South Louisiana
    Slinghammer

• There's a guy up here, Roseau, MN, who says he helped design the Slingshot. Whether or not that's true, he has a Slingshade on his. I'll try to find the picture he sent me, but I just got a new phone, and I'm not sure what all transferred over.

• EVER READ THIS FEATURE ARTICLE ON THE SLINGSHOT MANUFACTURING PLANT ?

hi @Solow I read in an article once announcing the Spirit lake, Indian, Slingshot, and then Victory assembly plant as being named Assembly Plant Of The Year 2015, by Assembly Magazine , it also mentioned that all Polaris plastic panels, atv, snowmobile, utv, and slingshot are manufactured in Roseau Minnesota so its quite possible that your fellow working at the original Polaris Plant in Roseau may very well have been a designer on the slingshot . I also read elsewhere that all the Singshot panels are then shipped to Winnipeg Canada where they are painted by Eastside Industrial Coatings, then shipped to Spirit Lake for assembly. (us Canadians have to get our fingers into everything, don't we !) L.O.L.

But it reminded me of that article so I went back and reread it, its a great history of Polaris since day one in 1945 producing electrical pole hoisting derricks.
    And then it goes on telling all about the Spirit Lake IA. plant , and the Slingshot story, it,s a great read for all Slingshotters and highly recommended. here is the link
    2015 Assembly Plant of the Year: Flexibility Shines Bright at Polaris | 2015-10-01 | Assembly Magazine

• I think I mentioned this before that I am not a fan of putting a top on the sling. Yesterday I was at Metricks getting some brake service done by Doug and someone came in with a top on his sling. When he saw Doug's top he just seemed deflated. The difference in quality was huge, and the Metrick's top is very similar to the Slingshade.

• As Kev mentioned about the parts being painted in Canada, Polaris has a lot of parts made up here. Back 20 yrs ago I worked at a mould shop that made plastic tooling and also had a plastic injection plant. We made all the tooling for the ranger and the sportsman plastics. Everything from the racks to the bumper covers to the hoods were built and manufactured here in Canada. Now the part that made me and my coworkers laugh. All the moulds had to have a "made in the USA" stamp in the cavity so that it was moulded into the part, even though they were made in Canada. Also the boxing that was used for the parts to ship them to the Polaris factory had to have the same markings that they were made in the USA. Smoke and mirrors for some reason. We built Polaris parts for a few years like that. I bought the new velocity seats and they also were made in Canada. It's definitely better than being made in China

• Can we see it coming? My local dealer has discontinued all aftermarket parts. He says sales have fallen way off, of both aftermarket and Slingshots. I told him he needs to get a demo, supercharge it and let people take it for a spin. Then he wouldn't be able to keep them on the floor! He didn't know anything about the slingshade. Then again, I've told them about the last recalls, warranty items and stop sales...

I don't think it is all Polaris's fault... sure the recalls, fitment issues etc are somewhat problematic for them but for the end user most of our interaction is at the local level at the dealership.

It is still the best toy I've ever bought...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Can we see it coming? My local dealer has discontinued all aftermarket parts. He says sales have fallen way off, of both aftermarket and Slingshots. I told him he needs to get a demo, supercharge it and let people take it for a spin. Then he wouldn't be able to keep them on the floor! He didn't know anything about the slingshade. Then again, I've told them about the last recalls, warranty items and stop sales...

I don't think it is all Polaris's fault... sure the recalls, fitment issues etc are somewhat problematic for them but for the end user most of our interaction is at the local level at the dealership.

It is still the best toy I've ever bought...

Are you predicting the end of the slingshot?

• Downfall of sales Im sure was quality, lack of fitment, required parts needed to mount on there own Polaris vehicles and asking price....with everything else out there Slingshade=Junk for the lack of....Poor approach

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/