Did anyone had to replace the CLOCK SPRING in STEERING ASM

• I have. Damaged mine when trying a different steering wheel. Don't buy from Polaris if you need one. The dorman 525-108 clockspring for a jeep is the same one we use, but you have to crimp a couple female connectors on the wire. It's about half the price of what Polaris charges.

There's only a couple screws that hold the assembly in place. It helps to drop the lower steering column cover to gain access.

• Replaced mine a while ago. The wire tape broke and I lost the horn. No trouble to install, just don't pull the lock tab till you have it screwed down. Could have been covered under warranty but it was "on backorder".
    Don't know why they used a clock spring instead of a pair of contact rings. Maybe on one of the future iterations, they plan on putting controls on the wheel - radio, cruise??
    According to the parts store where I got the Dorman, they move a lot of these for jeeps and always keep one in stock!
    Maybe Polaris saw another profit center.

• Just pulled my new (warranty) one back out and put it back together. Cover popped off. Hopefully this is not going to be a constant issue. Cover popped off original one and then it came apart completely.
    Does anyone know if there is a reason we can't just use contact rings?

• On my 3rd clock spring. The first one the cover came off. The 2nd one the rotating contacts in the ring "froze" up and wouldn't rotate. Both done under warranty. The service manager where I had mine done says this is a very common problem.

• Kind of a side note to my above post. Was almost shocked to hear the service manager say that there was a common problem of any kind on a SLINGSHOT. That is since they are perfectly manufactured. I know three people with SLINGSHOTS. All three including myself had a leaking rear pinion seal. He swore up and down that mine was the first he had ever seen or heard of!!!! Just a small rant here!!!

• I know this thread is old....

I'm looking for a 2015 clock spring...

they changed the part number to this one and it says it’s year specific....and it doesn’t show it fits a 2015...I saw the same thing on other sites.....

The question is will it fit a 2015 or not?

Info posted here says you can use a Jeep clock spring..... which year Jeep? And did they change that part number recently?